Nine

You've Got Some Nerve Howon

“Eomoni…” Hoya looks so shocked. Eomoni? He gets up and she hugs him.

“I’m so glad to see you, my baby, you haven’t changed a bit.”

“Mom you’re embarrassing me.”

She lets him go. “Oh, I’m sorry. Who’s your friend?” She looks me up and down.

“Umma. This is my girlfriend.” Hoya says with a serious look on his face.

I stand up and bow. “Hello Mrs. Lee. I’m Cho Lori. Nice to meet you.” I extend my hand and she shakes it.

“Nice to meet you too. You mind if I sit with you?”

“Ah not at all. I’d like it if you joined us.” I say. She smiles and Hoya seems like he’s uncomfortable.

“So how did you guys meet?” She looks at both of us.

“School.” He says without looking up.

“How long have you been dating?”

“A bit over a month.” I say.

“Mom. I’m debuting in June.” Hoya carefully looks up.

“Goodness. So soon! Why didn’t you tell us?”

“I was going to call but I...”

“Your dad. I know.” Her expression changes a bit. She puts her hand over his.  “He doesn’t fully approve of your choice yet. But he seemed to soften up just a little bit when he heard you’re graduating. Slowly, but surely you’ll show him you made the right choice.” She smiles at him.

Hoya nods and a tiny smile appears on his face. “Thanks mom.”

“No need to thank me. This is all your doing.”

He laughs a bit. “Mom isn’t my girlfriend pretty?” I can feel myself turning red.

“Yes she is very pretty. You two make a lovely couple.”

“Can you take a picture of us?” he hands her his phone and comes over to my side of the table.

“Don’t you think it would be better by the window? The sunset in the background would be a nice touch.” His mom says.

Hoya takes me over to near the window and wraps an arm around me.

“Smile or else I’ll tickle you again.” He whispers.

“You wouldn’t.” I smile just in case. We both look at his mom who’s signaling for us to look over.

“You two are so perfect together.” She hands Hoya his phone. “Send it to me. I want to show everyone.”

“Mom it’s not like we got married or anything.” He complains but sends her the picture anyways.

“But when you do my grandchildren will be beautiful. His mom laughs and I can’t help but giggle at the thought.

“What did you say mom?”

“Nothing. I have to go now. I hope I can see you on television soon. Call more often. It was nice meeting you Lori.”

“Ah yes. Nice meeting you too.” I say.

Hoya waves goodbye to her and then grabs my hands.

“Shall we go?” he looks me in the eyes while he swings my hands.

I nod shyly.

“Then let us.”

We get to the club and spot our friends sitting at a table in the corner. We’re having a couple of drinks when Hoya’s uncle comes over and invites us to the VIP room. He tells the bartender that all the drinks are on him. Everything seems a bit slow after a few drinks but I’m still myself.

 Tao then brings something up. “Hey guys where’s L and Jieun?”

“Ah I’m not sure.” Hoya says blinking multiple times.

“How about we split up and look for them.” I suggest.

“I call the first floor.” Tao says.

“I’ll go with you.” Jiyeon says and they leave.

“And you?” I ask Hoya.

“I don’t have to look. I know exactly where Myungsoo is.”

“Where? And why didn’t you say anything when Jiyeon and Tao left?”

“Isn’t it obvious? L- shi is with Jieun on the roof. I wasn’t about to tell them to not leave.”

“Why?”

“So I can do this.”

He leans in and gives me a slow kiss. He already smells of alcohol but I can’t complain because I’ve drank tonight too. Or maybe it’s just this whole place smells like this? I’m not sure anymore. Our kiss becomes more passionate by the second, so much that I almost forget to breathe. I feel dazed and I never want it to end but he pulls away.

He just looks at me then his arm works its way over to my shoulder. I rest my head on his chest and he looks down at me.

“What did my mom say?”

“Oh nothing. Just that she’d have beautiful grandchildren.”

A smile makes its way onto his face. “She wants grandchildren eh?”

“Yeah.”

“Why don’t we make her wish come true…”


XD Sorry guys i had to end it there. Dying over here because Destiny comes out in less than and hour!!! Can't wait to see what these boys did for this music video ^.^