Seven

You've Got Some Nerve Howon

The lights turn back on. “Lori!” “Hyung!” We’re separated by our friends.

“You guys can go ahead. We’ll be right down.” Jiyeon says and they drag me into the bathroom. Once we’re inside they scream and hug me.

“That’s so sweet of Hoya!” Jieun says.

I smile widely “I know! I almost died. Tao definitely had something to do with this.”

Jiyeon puts a finger to her cheek. “I actually suspected that.”

“But Tao… That boy has something up his sleeve.” I fix my hair in the mirror. “Shouldn’t we go?”

“Aww look at you. So ready to leave us for your boyfriend.” Jieun nudges me.

“No… Well yes. Kind of.” I say as we walk out of the bathroom.

They tease me all the way downstairs. Then I see him. He’s out there with the rest of Infinite. The youngest, Sungjong, points me out. They all turn right as we go through the doors.

“Yah! Go home already.” Hoya says to him.

Sungjong goes to hide behind someone else, I believe it’s Sungyeol. Their leader starts walking away and the rest of them follow. A car stops in front of us.

“That’s my ride. Sorry Jieun, I’d give you a ride but my manager is very mad at me for ditching the first half of practice.” Jiyeon says as she walks to the car.

“No problem, I understand. Tao oppa can walk me home.” Jieun says.

“Ah yes! Let’s go.” Tao jumps excitedly and starts walking away.

“But my house is that way.” Jieun looks confused.

He turns around. “I am going to walk you home. But I have something to show you first. It’ a surprise. I promise you’ll love it.” He then keeps walking.

“What is it?” she walks after him.

“A surprise.”

“Tell me.” She tugs at his arm.

I laugh at how cute they are. Then I notice Hoya looks concerned.

“Aren’t they cute?” I say.

He’s silent for a second starring at them. Then he shakes his head. “Ah, yeah they are. I’m just a bit worried.”

We start walking and I’m not even sure where we’re going. Then he suddenly stops. “Hey, can I trust you with something?”

I’m about to answer him but he cuts me off. “I mean I know I can trust you with anything but this isn’t about me.” He looks really serious. Is it bad that I find that adorable? Maybe. Calm yourself Cho Lori. Fangirling  over your boyfriend can wait until after his debut.

“If I tell you, you can’t tell anyone. Promise?” he looks me in the eyes.

“Promise.”

He walks off again and I follow him after a few seconds of starring at his perfect silhouette. He intertwines his fingers with my mine, without looking. It sends a chill through me.

“We’ve all been friends for as long as we can remember. Everything was always very chill, until around the time of Jiyeon’s last birthday party. Some people spiked a couple of the drinks. Let’s just say Myungsoo had a bit too much. He’s liked Jieun since we all met and started talking. So drunk Myungsoo stole Jieun’s first kiss. I guess at that point Jieun started liking him but he’s too proud to actually tell her he likes her. So he told her he just did it because he was drunk. We’ve all told him to tell her the truth. But he doesn’t listen.”

“Ah. I see the problem.”

“Yeah. I just don’t want Tao and him to fight over her and ruin their friendship. I hope he doesn’t over react to what Tao is going to do tonight.”

“What’s he doing?”

“You didn’t honestly think we went to that restaurant to just have dinner, did you?”

“Wait? Is he asking her out?”

We’re at the park now.  There’s a bunch of other couples walking around through the pretty lit up gardens. That’s when I see them. Tao gets down on one knee.

“Omo. Is he really going to-“Hoya pulls me behind a tree. “Hey what are you-“

“Shh.” He puts a finger to my lips. “That’s enough of them, don’t you think?”

“Yeah I guess but you’re the one who-“He gets closer. I can feel my heart beating a billion times faster.

“Who what?” he asks, softly kissing my cheek. He runs the back of his hand down my face.

“Yo-you.You brought them up.” I say avoiding his eyes.

“Well that subject ends here. I found something more interesting.”

He kisses the corner of my mouth before pulling me into an actually kiss. I kiss him back unaware of what I’m doing. His lips feel soft against mine. The kiss is short but in a way it’s far more than I expected. He smiles at me when he pulls away.

“I still can’t believe you’re mine.”

I still can’t believe my first kiss was with a boy this… handsome. I can feel myself blushing.

He laughs and hugs me. “You’re cute even when you’re speechless. Now I know how to shut you up.”

“Yah! That was my first kiss.” I let go and turn around. He wraps his arms around my waist.

“Was it?” he laughs once again.

“Lee Howon, you’re so mean!”

“Hoya! It’s Hoya!” He tickles me. I try to break free from him but I struggle and he tickles me even more.

“Stop.” I manage to say through my laughter.

“No.” I can’t see his face but I can tell he’s bothered by me calling him Howon.

“Oppa~”

“What did you just say?” he says in my ear.

“Nothing.”

He tickles me again.

“Oppa! Stop it. My stomach hurts from laughing.”

“I’ll stop if you’ll grant me a wish.”

I put my hands over his and look up at him. “What is it?”

He suddenly gets shy and looks away. He mumbles something I can’t hear.

“Hmm. What was that?”

He sighs but this time he still says it too quietly for me to hear.

“I can’t hear you.”

“Aish! Are you deaf or something?”

“No. you’re just being overly quiet.”

“I said I want to be your second kiss.”

“But what about the first one?”

“That was you.”

I break out into laughter. “Lee Howon, you have the funniest way of asking for a kiss.” I act like I’m walking away but then I turn around and lightly kiss him on the lips. Then I walk away again.

“What was that?”

“Payback.”


Hehehehe. They're so cute aren't they?? ^.^ I might just post another chapter tonight :P