Twenty Two

You've Got Some Nerve Howon

LORI'S POV 

     I take the roses from Daehyun and pick him up. I set the roses down, and we head towards the table where Hoya stands. He takes Daehyun from me.

                We’re eating spaghetti and having a good time when Daehyun suddenly goes “Appa.” Hoya smiles and lends him his ear. They both laugh at whatever Daehyun whispered.

                “Yah! I wanna know too!”

                “Umma, close your eyes.” Daehyun gets down from his chair and comes to sit on my lap.

     “Waeyo?”

     “Umma, can you close your eyes?”

     “Sure baby.” he gets down and grabs my hand.

     “Umma don’t open your eyes yet.” I laugh a little but I’m kind of worried at Hoya’s silence. “Okay you can open them now.”

     I look around but Hoya is nowhere in sight. Suddenly some hands close in on my neck and gently place a silver string on it. The hands move away and I look down to see an infinity pendant.

     “Do you like it umma?” I smile and nod, Daehyun comes back to sit on my lap. “Umma! Appa has something he wants to ask you!” He tilts his head up to look at me as he says it. I run my hands through his hair. My eyes then turn from Daehyun to Hoya, who’s scratching the back of his head.

     “I… well...” he clears his throat and takes a deep breath. “Jagi, I know we’ve been through a lot.” As I look in his eyes I can see it. He’s scared of losing me, losing us. “But at the same time I feel like we haven’t been through enough. While you were gone I realized something. My life, which I thought was something I could get through without you, is meaningless if you’re not there.  I thought it over a million other ways, in my head, but there’s really no other way to say it.” He gets down on one knee, takes a deep breath, pulling a small box out of his pocket, closing his eyes as he opens the box. “Lori, will you marry me?”

     A wide smile spreads across my face as I answer him. “Yes Hoya, I will.”

     His eyes, now open, shine as brightly as his smile. He gently takes my hand and slides the ring on. Then he leans in, and gives me a slow, tender kiss.

     “Umma! Appa!”

     “Hmm?” Hoya pulls away, concentrating on Daehyun.

     “Why do people get married?”


HOYA’S POV

                Lori and I smile at son’s question. “Because they love each other.” Lori says.

                “But don’t boyfriends and girlfriends love each other too?”

                “Lori’s phone vibrates and she looks at me. I pick Daehyun up off her lap, and she goes onto the balcony to answer the call. I start to clean up dinner, with Daehyun’s help.

                “Son, when you like a girl you have to ask her to be your girlfriend.”

                “I know that appa.”

                “If she says yes she likes you too. But sometimes couples can fight and they break up and don’t like each other anymore. If they really like each other though, they can get back together.”

                “Like you and umma?”

                “Yes. So after a long time of being together, a couple decides to get married. But when you get married it’s because you want to stay with that person forever.

                “So you’re gonna stay with us forever?”

                “Yes.” Daehyun hugs my leg. “Good! I didn’t want you to leave.”


JIYEON’S POV

                “He did what!?” I practically scream into the phone.

                Tao spills the juice he was pouring. “Yah! It got all over my socks!” he yells.

                “Then don’t wear them!” I yell back.

                “Can you two shut up? Jieun is asleep in the other room.” Myungsoo says from the couch.

                “Not anymore.” She comes out from my bedroom and lies on the couch next to Myungsoo.

                “How am I supposed to move now?” Tao rolls his eyes.

                “Hey drama queen, go put on some shoes.” I retort.

                “Where? What?”

                “My closet, top shelf.” With that said, he walks into the other room.

                “What was that Jiyeon?” Lori says.

                “Oh sorry, Tao being a drama queen and Myungsoo ing, you know just a normal day hanging out.”

                A huge gasp is head in the other room. “No!” Tao stands in the doorway.

                “Yes. Early birthday present.” I say.

                “OMG. Jagi! You’re the best!” he sends me a flying kiss.

                “What exactly is going on over there?” Lori asks.

                “Tao found his early birthday present.”

                “That boy and his Gucci.” Lori laughs. “His birthday is the day of the press conference no?”


LORI’S POV

                “Yup.” Jiyeon says.

                “We should go out after wards to celebrate.” I suggest.

                “Oh yeah. That’s why I called you. To tell you about it. But then you told me Hoya proposed and I completely forgot.”

                “HE WHAT!??” Tao says loudly in the background.

                “Hey, I’m a go.” Jiyeon says.

                “No let me talk to her!” Tao says and the phone goes silent.

                Tao’s probably gonna chew me out for not telling him first. I open the sliding door to the balcony and step inside, where Daehyun is helping Hoya clean up. I walk over and hug Hoya from behind. He stops what he’d doing and takes my hands placing them on his neck as he turns around, his forehead against mine.

                “Who was that?” He says, not looking away from my eyes.

                “Omo. I didn’t know my fiancé was a jealous man.”

                “Daehyun is a jealous man too!” We laugh in unison at our child’s comment.

                “Umma who called you?”

                “Jiyeon. She invited us to celebrate Tao’s birthday in a few days.”

                “Can I go too?” he pouts.

                “Of course baby.”



Hey hey hey guess who's back :3 Did you guys miss me? T_T I missed you, believe it or not.<3