One

You've Got Some Nerve Howon

January 2010

I run as fast as I can down the street. I won't make it. I can tell already. That's when i see it. The alley: my one and only chance to make it. As if to make the situation worse f(x)'s Danger comes on my iPod. It seems that the only thing that has gone right this morning was making it through the alley alive.

Not surprisingly I took the wrong bus to the wrong side of town. In my defense, Seoul is huge and I'm still not used to it. If it wasn't for my mother nagging me to leave early I probably wouldn't even have a chance of making it to school on time. As you probably guessed by now, today is my first day at this new school. For the next 6 months I can study here, graduate and then go back home to the US where the streets aren't as confusing as they are here.

I came here with my mother who at the moment believes she's found my father. Long story short they met at the club and i think you can guess what happened from there on. They were going to get married but his parents separated them. Nonetheless i think she's overdoing it a bit, I mean i would like to meet my father, but this was a very sudden life change which I'm not exactly eccentric about.

I finally make it to school, i realize, when i see other students in the same uniform.I decide to go with the flow and follow the crowd. The last thing i want is for people to pick me out as the lost new girl. I was about to go inside the building when someone drags me away from the doors. I'm about to yell at them but then I recognize their face.

"Tao?" The word slips through my mouth awkwardly.

"Of course, I mean who else looks this fabulous so early in the morning." He flips his hair for emphasis and i can't help but laugh. He's still the same.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, still shocked but happy because I'm no longer friendless.

"Let me tell you a little secret." He says looking around. Then he comes closer. "I own this place. The all mighty Mahogany Prep wouldn't last a day without me."

Just then the bell rings. "Omg. First day and I'm already late!" I walk off.

"Hey do you even know where you're going?" he yells.

"Yes! I'll see you later oppa!" I wave. That was a total lie.

Tao smiles and  walks off. 

After getting completely lost, I settle for help from a nice lady who leads me to my classroom, 3-1. She calls out the teacher who greets me ever so kindly. The lady tells him I'm a transfer student and all that mumbo jumbo.The class room which was loud falls silent when i walk in,

"Class we have a new student. She's from America." Totally not helping me stay low key.

I look around the class and I see Tao who waves and smiles mischievously. Oh god. Looks like staying out of trouble is going to be impossible now.The blond who was starring at him glares at me. The pretty boy behind her silently laughs at her. The girl behind Tao looks away when I catch her starring.

"Why don't you introduce yourself to the class?" I snap out of starring at the people who are clearly the kingkas and queenkas.

"I'm Cho Lori" I bow. I was expecting to share something about myself, not that i could think of anything, but  my intro was cut short by the teacher.

"Class president,  I assume you know it is your duty to help her out our newest addition to the class."

"Ye." A voice says.

I turn to face the most beautiful boy ever. 

"Anneyeong, my name is Lee Howon. But, please, call me Hoya."