Thirty Six

You've Got Some Nerve Howon

October 29, 2014

LORI'S POV


He immediately hugs me. “I’m so sorry I’ve been such an idiot I mean I knew you were acting a bit different but I didn’t know why but this makes me so happy.” He says all at once.

“I’m sorry too. I didn’t know I was pissing you off. I’m just a mess. It’s probably the hormones.”

“It’s okay. You’re allowed to be a mess. We’re having a baby!” he picks me up and carries me to bed, bridal style, spinning us in the process before setting me down gently.

He lays there for a while, next to my nonexistent stomach starring at it.

“Is the baby really in there?”

“Yes.”

“Why doesn’t it show yet?”

“Hoya it’s tiny.”

“So does it kick you?”

“Not yet. They kick when they’re a bit bigger.”

“Can you feel it move?”

“Not yet.”

“Is it going to get heavy?”

“Yes.”

“Is-

“Hoya go to sleep. I’m tired.”

He’s silent for a while.

“Does it make you more tired?”

“Yes which is why you need to be quiet.”

“Okay good night.”

Eggs. I smell eggs. I come out from the bathroom after washing my face and my nose leads me to the kitchen where Hoya has set up breakfast and Daehyun is eating already.

“You’re awake? Aren’t you tired? Did you sleep well?”

“Yeah I’m fine Hoya I slept well.”

“Umma! Are you sick?”

“No baby why?” I look at my curious little boy who’s looking at me like he’s trying to figure out what’s wrong with me.

“I heard that dad’s only make breakfast when moms are sick.”

I chuckle a bit. “No baby I’m fine. Your dad is allowed to make breakfast as long as he doesn’t burn the house down.”

Hoya smiles to himself as he eats. “Are you doing anything today?”

“No I don’t think so.”

“Then we should go somewhere.” He gives me this look and I already know what he’s talking about.

“But why do you want to go to the hos-

“AH. Shh.”

“What?”

“I need to see that you’re okay Lori.”

“Where are you going?” Daehyun looks at both of us.

“It’s a secret.” Hoya says and puts his finger to his lips.

“Can you tell me?” He makes a pouty face.

“We’ll tell you later okay?” I say.

After breakfast we drop Daehyun off with Hoya’s parents and head for the ob/gyn’s office. They do a billion exams before they finally confirm I’m pregnant. We’re in the room where you get to see the baby.

“Is the really it? It’s so tiny!” He says so excitedly.

“Yes. Would you like to hear it’s heartbeat?” the doctor asks

“Can we do that?” He looks so surprised.

“Yes.” She turns on the volume and sure enough there it is. Its heart beats so fast. Thump thump.

He almost looks like he’s going to cry and I really can’t help but smile at that. Hoya is adorable. He asks the doctor ten billion questions that the doctor gladly answers for him. I realize this is totally new to him, but since I practically had Daehyun by myself I’m not worried.

“How are you so calm?” he asks me in the car.

“I’ve carried a child before Hoya. I know everything. I know about morning sickness. I know how tired I get. I know that I crave oranges. I know how my back aches later into the pregnancy. I know it becomes harder to sleep. I know how weird it feels to have the baby move. I know how much labor hurts. I know what it’s like to wake up at 3 in the morning to feed the baby.”

“I’m just so excited! I don’t think this is going to stay a secret for long.”

“Hoya. Give it a month.”

“Jagi!”

“A month. No exceptions.”

“Okay.”



you guys are gonna kill me... maybe? haha i'm not telling you why yet..

1/2 for today...

give me a little while before i post the second part of today's update ^^

okay? ^^