Sixteen

You've Got Some Nerve Howon

“Live and in the flesh. Can I come in?”

“Sure, sure of course.” I close the door behind him.

He takes a seat on the sofa, clearly making himself at home. I go to the kitchen and grab Daehyun’s bottle. I take a seat next to Tao.

“When did your parents get back together?” He asks starring at Daehyun.

“My mom says she found him last March but couldn’t tell me because she wasn’t sure it was him.” Daehyun finishes the bottle.

“Well they sure didn’t waste any time. Can I hold him?” he looks so fascinated by Daehyun.

I carefully hand Daehyun to him.

“Aww he’s so light. What’s his name?”

“Daehyun. So what brings you here?”

“I have some news to share.”

“What is it?” It must be serious.

“I know this is our first time seeing each other in a while, well since you left. I just had to tell you in person. I’m debuting next year.”

“Omo. That’s great!”

“I know right. I’m excited but sad because this is the last time I can see you in a long time. That reminds me, what ever happened with you and Hoya?”

“We broke up.” And he doesn’t know he has a son.

“Well obviously, but why?”

“Stupid reasons. He was jealous of our friendship Tao. You know I can’t deal with anything petty.”

“Wow. The guys of Infinite really possessive.”

“Hmm? What are you talking about?”

“Nothing’s over, their new song. It talks about not being able to end it with a girl. Like they won’t let her go even though they broke up already.”

“That’s obsessive Tao.”

“Whatever. Same thing. That reminds me, Hoya hasn’t talked to me since you left. At least I finally know why.”

“I’m telling you. He’s the worst.”

“So what do you do now?” he looks around.

“You guys didn’t honestly think I’d let you be famous without me, did you? I’m preparing to start my acting career.”

“Oh! So that’s why you took acting at school! I thought you were doing it just for fun.”

“That too. It also helps that my father happens to be the CEO of BB entertainment.”

“Really?”

“Yes.” I smile and catch my baby smiling at me.

“Take a picture of us.” Tao hands me his phone and I motion for Daehyun to look over. They both smile.

I hand Tao his phone back.

“I can’t wait for you to come back to Korea.” He says.

“Trust me, I can’t wait either.”

 

HOYA'S POV March 28, 2011


I can’t sleep tonight. I sign into Facebook. I scroll past Sungjong’s status about being hungry and a picture catches my eye. It’s Tao with a baby boy. I stare at the adorable little thing for a while. Then I scroll further down.

Its nights like these when I think back to how idiotic I was when I broke up with Lori. We really didn’t fight at all, other than the break up. We were so happy together. I still don’t get how we fell apart but I do know this, if she were to come before me once again I would give it my all to get her back.  I may be famous, and I may be living my dream, but without her my life seems meaningless.

 

LORI'S POV


The months pass and slowly the months turn to years. The world has changed. Tao finally debuted with the rest of EXO. Jieun’s had a few come backs and she even did a drama. T-ARA always seems to be in huge scandals because of the switching of their members. The rookies from 2010 are now well established groups. And me? I’m just getting started. Daehyun is two now, but I’ve learned a lot in these past 2 years. But one thing hasn’t changed. I still hate Hoya.

August 9, 2013

As the host leads me to the table I can’t help but smile. We’re at a nice restaurant in Seoul.

“Lori!” I’m attacked by Tao, Jieun and Jiyeon.

“I’ve missed you guys!” I say.

“We’ve missed you too.” Jieun says cheerfully.

“What about the other two?” I ask.

“Infinite’s world tour starts today.” Tao says.

“Ah. No wonder L-shi said they couldn’t come even if Hoya wanted to.” Jieun says.

“That’s right. Why did you guys break up?” Jiyeon asks.

“Over petty things. I couldn’t stand his attitude. The boy is a life ruiner.” I respond.

They all look up at me.

“You sound like he changed your life for the worse.” Jieun says.

“Let’s say I’ve realized what I really want. I should thank him for breaking up with me.” I smile, a fake smile.

Tao’s phone rings and he excuses himself from the table.

“So what happened between you and Tao?” I ask Jieun.

“Ah nothing much. We’ve gone out a couple times, as friends, but that’s about it. We’re not together.” She says.

“You and Myungsoo should just date already.” Jiyeon rolls her eyes.

We all quiet down when we see Tao walk over. What did I miss?”

“Nothing much.” We all laugh.

 

JIEUN'S POV August 10, 2013


I’m sitting in my living room watching old reruns of some drama I can’t remember the name of. It’s 1 in the morning. The doorbell rings. About time. I open the door to a very tired looking Myungsoo.

“Do you have it?” he asks as he walks in.

“Obviously.”

“Good. I have it too.”

“So there’s not much she says about Hoya but what got to me is she said she should thank Hoya for breaking up with her. Look.” I show him the recording.

“Something’s not right. She says he’s a life ruiner but then thanks him.”

“I know I can’t figure it out.” I scratch my head.

He looks me in the eye. “She’s bluffing. She’s angry with him, but you know love and hate are only a step away.”

“What about him?”

“Oh, that’s interesting.” He turns on his camera. “I usually don’t let other people touch this but I had someone film us backstage.”

The video plays and the boys look tired but they’re all smiling except for Hoya.

“Oh and that’s not all. The way he sings during Paradise, I’m surprised he hasn’t cracked. I know Hoya. He wouldn’t tell us he’s in pain. I know he wanted to go see her today, but he couldn’t because of the concert. It was killing him.”

“So you think it’s possible?”

“Yes. We just need to plan it correctly.” He says and yawns.

“I think I’ve got just the thing.”

“What a better way to relive the old days than by going back to high school.”

He smirks. “Who knew you had a genius in you.”


Myungsoo, can you please tell us what happens in the next chapter?

Myungsoo: Err, noo. 

What about you Jieun?

Jieun: Nope. That's top secret. You'll just have to wait until tomorrow's update. 

WAEEE?

Sorry guys i tried, They don't wanna tell us.