Twelve

You've Got Some Nerve Howon

“That’s a negative. We’re clear to operate”

I mentally relax.

“Madam I’m going to need you to sign these papers.” The doctor says to my mom.

“Gosh. Cho Lori, you’re crazy.” Tao says.

“Tao. Don’t tell anyone until it’s over. Especially not Hoya. Actually don’t tell Hoya until after his practice is over.”

“But that’s not until like 3 hours from now.” He whines.

“Just do it.”

“Fine. But only because you’re sick.”

 

HOYA'S POV


Practice has dragged. It’s weird, when I texted Lori during break she didn’t reply. I wonder if she’s mad about yesterday.

“I think that’s enough for today.” Sunggyu says.

I can tell even he’s tired of this already. We’re all grabbing our stuff when a crowd gathers around Myungsoo. They all look at me.

Just then my phone vibrates. A new message from Tao. “I’m going to need you to calm down and take a deep breath maybe? Hoya, Lori is in the hospital. She had surgery an hour ago, don’t worry, it was successful. She told me not to tell you until practice was over for you guys.”

That’s so like her. She knows I’d leave to go see her. I’m not sure if I should be mad or appreciate how much she thinks of me, but she’s sick dang it! She should think of herself first!

“Go.” Sunggyu says.

I grab my stuff and run out of the building. I barely catch the bus and I’m waiting impatiently for this ride to end as Tao texts me the details. My hearts feels like it might jump out of my chest as the elevator goes up. Then I’m finally there, in her room, and apparently so are Tao, Jiyeon, Jieun and Lori’s mom.

“Shh.” Tao says.

My angel looks so pale. She’s sleeping but she looks like she’s in pain.

“What’s wrong with her?” I ask.

“Nothing big. She’s fighting off a fever.” Her mom responds.

“Ah. I’m so rude. Hello Mrs. Cho.”

She smiles a bit. “Hello Hoya. It’s okay; I know you’re probably just as worried as I am.”

“We’re going to get something to eat.” Jiyeon says.  With help from Jieun they drag Tao out against his will.

“What exactly happened to her?” I ask.

“Something very common, appendicitis. 1/15 people get it.”

Just then her facial expression changes but she keeps her eyes closed. “Umma.”

“Yes sweetie?”

“I want some water.”

“Go.” Her mom whispers and hands me the water. I go sit in the chair next to the bed and hand her the water. She opens her eyes and they’re huge.

“Hoya!”

“Ne jagiya?”

“Hoyaaaa!” her eyes get watery.

I’m unaware of my own tears until she says “Don’t cry. You’re making me cry. Hoya, I’m okay now.”

The nurse comes in and takes her temperature and blood pressure.

“How is she?” her mom asks.

“Her blood pressure is normal and her fever has gone down. She can have food tomorrow.”

“Yay.” Lori claps. How is she still so cheerful at a moment like this?

“Why can’t you have any?” I find myself asking.

She smiles a bit. “Oppa~ You don’t want me throwing up do you?”

“Why can you have water then?”

“Water doesn’t do anything silly.” She takes another sip.

Even through her cheerful expressions she still looks so fragile to me. She’s fighting the pain and trying to not look weak in front of me, I can tell. At this moment I promise myself that I’ll never leave her alone when she needs me.

LORI'S POV May 19, 2010


It’s been a month since my surgery. I feel like it was ages ago. The first few days it was hard walking, it hurt even trying to get up but I’ve had more than enough support from my friends. They all visited me in the hospital every day. Hoya’s so caring and sweet when he was looking after me. The boys of Infinite sent me a get well card and some flowers. Tao kept me updated on everything that happened in school. Everything is pretty much normal now.

It’s a week from the ball, which is next Friday and we’re coming home with our dresses.

“I’m so excited guys!” I almost yell. Almost.

“Who isn’t.” Jiyeon says.

“I still can’t believe L-shi asked you to go to the ball with him.” Jieun says.

“Hey he needed a date, I needed a date, and we’re friends so it’s okay.” Jiyeon says.

“I think the only person more excited than me is Tao.” Jieun states.

“Yeah Tao loves to party.” I say.

Jiyeon parks the car and we all head upstairs to my apartment. When go inside my mom is curious about our dresses and she insists we get ready together the day of the party. Not that we weren’t already planning to do that.

 

May 25, 2010


“Are you sure this is okay?” Tao asks.

“Yeah it’s perfectly fine. Just think of me as Jieun.” I say.

We take a seat around the corner of the vending machine. It’s one of the only seats in this whole place, other than the practice room which is way too hot at the moment.

Tao takes a deep breath and then laughs. “Okay, okay, I’m done. I’ll be serious now. I was thinking of many ways to tell you this but I couldn’t find one so I’m just going to say it.” He takes my hands. “I know you already have someone else in your heart. I know this is wrong, but can you please accept my feelings for you?” he leans in like he’s going to kiss me but then whispers to me. “Was that good?”

“Yes!” Just then the bell rings signaling the end of break.

“Well let’s get back to class.” He says. 

“Alright.”


^.^ Yay another chapter ^.^ The ball is the next chapter. This is gonna be fun, hehehehe.