Seventeen

You've Got Some Nerve Howon

LORI’S POV January 31, 2014


I walk into my dad’s office.

“You called for me?”

“Yes. I have some news for you.”

“What is it?”

“You got the lead role for Lovely Complex.”

“Really?”

“Yes really.”

I hug my father. “Thank you.”

“Filming starts in March.”

“Do you know who else is in it?” I ask.

“No. They’re keeping it a complete secret.”

 

MYUNGSOO’S POV March 1, 2014


The leads, Hoya and Lori are done filming the first scene. Funny thing is, they have to walk past each other without looking over. So they probably don’t know yet. The rest of us are sitting at a table of a diner set. We’re all excited when Hoya walks in.

His eyes get huge and he smiles. “I should have known. Yah! Myungsoo, you should have told me!”

“Nice to see you too.” Jiyeon looks up at him.

Jieun waves.

“Hoya.” Tao gives him a hug. Hoya’s smile fades. Is he mad at Tao? But they’re best friends. Shouldn't he be happier to see him?

Then she walks onto the set.

“Lori!” Tao smiles and let’s go of Hoya.

“Tao? Jieun? Myungsoo? Jiyeon! Why didn’t you guys tell me you were doing this movie?”

“We couldn’t. They didn’t let us, just like they didn’t let you.” Jiyeon says.

Tao walks over to Lori and hugs her. Hoya is frozen. To be more accurate, he’s in a state of shock. That’s when the director comes over.

“I see you’re all acquainted. Good, good. Now lets get this scene going and make some magic.”

Hoya snaps out of it and takes his place at the table, as does Lori.

Her face stays the same, even when her eyes meet his. They stare at each other without any words but I’m sure there’s more than enough they’d like to say.

 

Lori and Hoya’s POV


He’s the last person I’d want to see here.

She’s the girl I dreamt of seeing.

He’s someone I don’t want near me.

I wish she’d come closer.

He’s being so nice. She’s so indifferent.

What should I do to make him leave me alone?

How should I approach her?

Back then I was dying to be your girl.

What did I do wrong? I always took care of you. I never once cheated.

I let you have all me, was it not enough?

I loved you, like I never loved anyone before.          

I wanna know, just let me know, how could you let me walk away?

I wanna know, I gotta know, how could you just take my love away?     

My love for you is gone.

Can you come back to me?        

You’ve got some nerve to ask that of me.

 

JIYEON’S POV


We’re at Jieun’s house, all of us minus the two who are obviously struggling with their feelings.

“So what did you guys notice?” Jieun starts us off. We all look at Myungsoo.

“Yeah, I’m taking notes.” He says.

“Well I noticed the crazy silent stare between them.” I say.

“Hoya wanted to say something.” Tao adds.

“He did but Lori looked like she could care less.” Jieun gets up to make some coffee.

“Anything else?” Myungsoo eyes us. We’re all silent and he laughs.

“What?” Tao seems lost.

“To believe I noticed more than you guys.”

“Spill it.” This should be interesting.

“Tao are you and Hoya still close?” Myungsoo asks.

“Ah well I can’t say close, we don’t talk much.”

“That makes sense. I could almost swear Hoya is mad at you.”

“What?”

“He looked upset with you. Do you remember around what time he started straying from you?”

“Now that I think about it... I’d say it was around the time of the ball.”

“That seems pretty reasonable though. Graduation was a week later and everyone starts to drift off by that time.” I say.

“Still something is off. Did you give Hoya a reason to be mad at you?” Myungsoo is on a roll.

“No. There’s the weird part.” Tao is very confused now.

“I thought guys don’t stay mad at each other.” Jieun serves the coffee.

“”That’s true. You’d need a good reason to stay mad at someone.” Tao nods.

“But what?” I ask.

“That’s what we need to find out. The quicker we find that out the faster we can fix this. Or else we’ll just have to lock these two in a room and hope they talk it out.” Myungsoo says.

 

LORI’S POV March 2, 2014


We’re filming this next scene in a karaoke room where my character has to sing with Hoya’s character to some unknown band. We both smile and sing out hearts out to the song, jumping up and down like we’re little kids again. Our friends just stare at us like we’re crazy. The scene then ends.

Hoya smiles at me. “Good job.”

“Same goes to you.”

 

HOYA’S POV


Then she walks off. I have to admit, this girl seems like a different person when she acts. Still. I want her. Even after she cheated on me. Even though she lied to me. I know I should feel pain and hate when I see her, but I can’t. I guess I’m just doomed to love her. Maybe it’s fate. Or maybe it’s my destiny.

 

LORI’S POV


“Umma.”

“Yes baby?” I smile at my little boy.

“I miss you when you go to work. Can’t you take me with you?” Daehyun has a pouty face on.

“Now Daehyun you know your mom is a busy person.”

“Yes grandma. Mommy is going to be a famous actress.”

“Of course. Aigoo. Such a smart child.” My mom says.

“Very handsome too. He can be even more handsome is he finishes everything on his plate.” I say.

He goes back to eating the rest of his food. Daehyun is a smart child; he knows what’s good for him. Although I’m getting rather worried. He’s starting to look like his father.

The doorbell then rings.

“Who’s knocking this late? You’ll have to answer because my drama is about to start.” My mom says.

“That’s okay, go watch your drama.” I got to answer the door and to my surprise Tao is standing there. “Can’t get enough of me I see.”

“What can I say? I’ve missed you.” Tao sticks his tongue out at me.

I close the door behind him. He sits in my living room and stares me down.

“What?” I say.

“I have a few questions for you.”

Daehyun comes into the room and runs up to me. “I finished it all. Am I handsome yet?”

“Of course you are baby!” I tickle him and he backs away laughing. He looks at Tao.

“You’re that guy!”

“Who? Me?” Tao is confused.

“That guy!” Daehyun seems very amused.

“Kiddo, who am I?” Tao plays along.

“Hyung, you don’t know who you are?” Daehyun turns his head sideways.

“No I forgot. Who am I? Can you remind me?

Daehyun nods in fascination. He takes a few steps back and starts dancing. “Neomu areumdawo areumdawo areumdawo wolf! Geudae nae nima nae nima nae nima wolf! Nareul duryeowo duryeowo duryeowo ma!”

Tao claps.

“Do you know who you are now?” Daehyun goes up to him.

“Yes. My name is Tao. I’m from EXO.” He pats Daehyun on the head.

“Hyung I’m sorry. I really like you hyungs but my favorites are Infinite.” Daehyun covers his mouth. “Oops! I wasn’t supposed to say that. Umma I’m sorry! I know you don’t like them.”

Tao who was smiling becomes serious. He stares at me in shock.

“Umma are you mad?”

“Your umma isn’t mad but I’m very mad with you umma.” Tao stares at me with hurt in his eyes.

“Daehyun go watch the drama with your grandma.”

“Okay.” He walks off. As soon as he’s gone Tao gets up and starts walking back and forth.

“Tao I’m-“

“No. You can’t say you’re sorry. You’ve done nothing but keep this secret from me. Yes, I am hurt by that but just answer me one thing. Who is Daehyun’s father?”

The tears are already streaming down my face.

“Yah! Cho Lori! Who is Daehyun’s father?”

“Tao. Don’t make me answer that.”

“Who is it?” he shoots me a glare.

“Lee Howon. Lee Howon dammit!” I yell at him and collapse into the sofa. The room is silent and I feel his arms wrap around me.

“It’s okay. Go ahead and cry all you want nut when you’re finished you’ll have some serious explaining to do.”


I reallly tried to not be bogus and leave you guys cliffhanging. I hope it worked. i love you all my beautiful subscribers<3

P.S. your bias loves you too. (;