Twenty Eight

You've Got Some Nerve Howon

LORI'S POV


“That was the doorbell!” I look around the room not spotting Hoya anywhere. “Lee Howon!” I stir the food in the frying pan in frustration as the doorbell rings again and again. I give up and head for the door.

                “What is it?” he says, stepping out of the bathroom.

                “Get the food.” I point and he heads for the pan as I open the door.

                “Umma!” Daehyun screams as he comes towards me.

                “Was he a good boy?” I ask my mom.

                “Of course.” You need any help?” she asks.

                “No we’re fine.”

                “Liar!” Hoya shouts teasingly.

                “Omo. Are you guys okay?” she asks.

                “Yeah everything is fine.” I say, sticking my tongue out at Hoya who should be watching the rice but is watching the conversation from the kitchen instead. “Bye mom, thanks.” I close the door. “Daehyun?” I look around.

                “Over here.” Hoya says.

                “Appa can you sing please?” Daehyun is sitting on the floor staring at him.

                I pick Daehyun up. “He’ll sing later okay?”

                “Yah, what do I do with this?”

                “Just stir it so it doesn’t burn. It’ll be done in like 2 minutes.” I take Daehyun to his room where I help him change into some clean clothes and then send him back to his father in the living room while I hurry to get ready. It’s not a super formal dinner but I still want to look presentable. After a while Hoya comes into the room and hugs me from behind.

                “I set the table and served everything.”

                “I’m surprised they’re a bit late.” I say, looking at him through the mirror, as I put my earrings on.

                “I’m not. I’m glad we finished everything. I don’t want to look like I can’t even handle making a simple dinner.”

                I grab my necklace and he holds my hair as I set it into place. Just then the doorbell rings.

                “Talk about perfect timing.” He says.

                “Umma the doorbell rang!”” Daehyun yells excitedly. We both laugh and walk back to the living room, Hoya with Daehyun in his hands as we open the door.

                “Omo omo!” His mother says as she comes in. “You’ve gotten so pretty since the last time I saw you.”

                I smile. “You look pretty nice yourself Mrs. Lee.” I say and bow.

                “Oh no please call me eomoni there’s no need for formalities we’re practically family here.” She says and laughs lightly.

                “Ye eomoni.”

                “Yeobo look at how lovely our daughter-in-law is.”

                I turn right away and bow to him. “Nice to meet you sir.” He nods his head in return and smiles a bit.

                “Why don’t we eat first?” Hoya says. His dad turns to look at him, but not in the same way that he did to me. He looks cold.

                “Aigoo give me that child.” His mother says and takes Daehyun from his hands. “You’re so handsome aigoo you lovely thing. Do you know who I am?”

                “Halmeoni!”

                “So cute aigoo!”

                “Can we eat? I’m hungry!” Daehyun says and with that we all head for the table.

                Dinner goes well. It’s all things about how Infinite is doing, how Daehyun is, small talk mostly and nothing super serious. I’m glad that this is going well, at least so far. We finish dinner and Daehyun and Hoya’s father actually get along quite well. I thought he would be like that type of formal man that wouldn’t even play with his grandchild… But I guessed I judged him wrong. I guess I was just scared, seeing that it’s not something that everyone is willing to accept. Having a child out of marriage is just not acceptable to some people.

                Hoya’s mother helps me wash dishes even though I insist on doing it alone. “You know when I said to make me some lovely grandchildren I didn’t mean it right away.” She says. I kind of freeze for a second with the plate I’m drying in my hand. “Oh omo! Don’t take it badly I meant it as a joke.” The breath comes back to my body and I somehow laugh. We make some tea together and go back to the living room where Hoya and his father are sitting, starring each other down.

                “Where’s Daehyun?”

                “He fell asleep so we put him to bed.” Hoya says not looking away.

                “Aigoo is it nine already?” his mom says as she sets the cups of tea down in front of us. I sit next to Hoya and take a sip. The air is really tense due to the fact that Hoya and his father are having a strange silent conversation with their eyes. Something is up, and the problem here isn’t with me or Daehyun. It’s Hoya.

                I don’t know where it came from and for a moment I don’t know why I said it but the second I did everything and everyone froze. I don’t regret it however because something that’s not right is happening here. Something that needs to be fixed and that something is affecting the person I love the most. The person I don’t want to see suffering.

                “Abeoji. Do you have something against Hoya?”



Whoa and update? Whuttt?

That color was really hurting my eyes >.> bad choice man.

Ugh, anywayssss. >.< So surprised i got this update in cause i have work tomorrow and plans for the weekend so it was either today or monday... Plus my head was hurting today sooo yeeahh sorry if it . I really tried.

monday is probably the next update(unless i get stalled by life)

excited cause i got to write though ^^ i have like ten billion ideas for other fanficts so i'm happy that i won't be done writing when this one is over. I mean i really only thought i was gonna just write this story and be done. But seeing as you, my lovely subbies are still reading even if it's silently, i wanna keep writing. cause subbies are da best :D next stories are vixx and exo... totally having problems picking titles for these though... if i could i would at least put up a foreword >< anywaysssss peace out guys<3