Fourteen

You've Got Some Nerve Howon

LORI'S POV


I’m flipping through channels when Jieun comes in. She’s so out of it. I can tell.

“Hey Jieun what’s wrong?”

“Hmm? Ah nothing it’s just that…”

“Just that what?”

“Tao confessed to me.”

“Is that all?”

“No. Well yeah… well he kissed me.” She lets herself fall on the bed.

“Omo. Tao kissed you?”

“Yes.” She laughs. “I’ve always wanted a guy to tell me he likes me.”

“Well I don’t mean to be a party pooper but I really want my dress back.”

“Oh that’s right. Help me then.”

We get dressed and walk back downstairs. Right away Tao takes Jieun away. Jiyeon walks right past us but Myungsoo stops when he notices me.

“Lori, dance with me so I won’t have to wait around for this girl.”

“Sure.”

We go out onto the floor and it’s so nice to finally be out at this party instead of in the room.

“Hey have you seen-“

“Your boyfriend? He was sitting down a while ago. Probably just went out for a second. I wouldn’t blame him. It’s so hot in here.” L-shi is so cool when he’s not being bogus. He’s not a bad dancer either. As we move around on the dance floor I notice he’s trying to keep his cool. I know exactly what’s aggravating him, hence him totally ignoring Jieun today.

“Myungsoo-ah. If it’s cool with you I’d like to have my girlfriend back.” Hoya smiles.

“Where’s my date?” L-shi asks.

“Taking a call outside.” He answers before taking me.

“Hoya.”

“Shh. Let’s just dance.” he holds me close as a slow song comes on.

This moment feels so perfect. I haven’t been this happy in a while. I couldn’t see myself in anyone else’s arms. It’s not right. I then remember I’m going to have to leave after graduation. My mom doesn’t want to stay here much longer. Who am I to rebel against it?

 

June 3, 2010


It’s Saturday morning after graduation. I can’t believe it’s all over, school that is. I’m going to miss seeing my friends every day. They all have big plans and I’m just going to be a normal teenager. My phone rings and I put it on speaker.

“Have you told him yet?” Tao asks.

“No.” I say as I peel an orange.

“Well then when are you going to do it? When you land in the US?”

“I don’t know. I just don’t want it to hurt but I guess it’s inevitable.”

“What are you eating? It sounds weird.”

“Oranges.”

“But you hate oranges.”

“I don’t know. Recently I’ve been wanting some so badly. I guess I never knew what I was missing.” There’s a knock on my room door.  “Hey I have to go.” I say.

“Remember to talk to him.”

I open the door to Hoya.

“How’d you get in?” I ask.

“That’s not important. We need to talk.” He says seriously.

I close the door. “What is it you want to talk about?”

“Why Lori? Why Tao? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“What are you talking about?” I’m lost.

“Oh please. Did you really think I wasn’t going to find out? I overheard your conversation.”

I guess Tao was right. He’s mad about not telling him I’m leaving. “I meant to tell you. I just didn’t want you to get hurt.”

“You think I wouldn’t get hurt if I didn’t know? I was eventually going to find out.” He rests his head on his arm. “You know what, I can’t do this. I can’t stand liars.

“What?”

“You heard me. Cho Lori, I’m breaking up with you.”

I’m suddenly angry that he didn’t let me explain anything. “You know what Lee Howon, let’s do it. Let’s break up. You’re so damn petty. I don’t need you and your sass in my life.”

He’s about to walk out but turns around and puts his lips to mine. I hit his chest but he grabs onto my hands. He kisses me harshly and I can’t help but cry at how cold he’s being. Yet I still kiss him back with more strength than I ever knew I had. How is it that we’re done over something this small? Then he pulls away.

“Take that as my last gift to you and don’t expect any more because even if you beg, I’m never coming back.” He walks away without looking back.

I fall to my knees and cry and cry. It’s all I can do, what else is there, when you know the person you love won’t take you back?

As the tears fall all the beautiful memories are destroyed and gone. I’m sorry Hoya, but my only feelings for you from now on will be hate and more hate. I will not be called a liar by someone who wouldn’t give me a chance to explain and I certainly won’t go begging for you to come back. Cho Lori does not beg.

 

HOYA'S POV


Petty? She’s the one cheating and she calls me petty? If she was going to cheat she shouldn’t have done it with my best friend.

Cho Lori you’re the worst. Tao too, I can’t believe my best friend would do this to me.

Even though there’s anger in my heart and tears in my eyes I really wish that I hadn’t done that. I love her with all my heart. I’m hoping now, praying, that she comes to me and tells me the truth. Because whether or not she does I already know it. This is the girl. The only girl I have ever loved and the only girl I will ever love.


There are no words... Intersting pair we have here, eh? But don't worry because...

NOTHING'S OVER 

:P