Chapter 8 - Break the Deal

I'm A Tough Leader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung..."

"Hmm..."

"Are you sure you won't take any meds?"

"..."

"Hyung...!"

"What?!"

"Please! Take your medicine!" he raised his voice.

"Are you really greed to see me leave my position, huh?!"

"Hyung! It's not what I mean! I never ever want another leader! Please, don't be so stubborn."

Sunggyu looked up. His eyes showed mix of anger, sadness, and anxiety.

"Ok. Now I am a stubborn. What next? Loser? Weakling? In the end you will end up calling me uncapable leader. Tsk, I thought you are my friend. But now you act the same like the others!"

"Hyung! I am your friend. I will always support you no matter what happen. But what you're doing now is wrong. It's a friend's job to remind you." Woohyun voice softened.

"Whatever!!" Sunggyu stomped out of the kitchen.

Woohyun sighed, tried to calm down himself. He knew anger wouldn't solve anything. He stayed at the kitchen, thought the way to convince Sunggyu to cancel the deal.

"Aaaaargh!!" He growled. He didn't know what to do anymore. He tried his best, but seemed like Sunggyu didn't want to hear him.

He looked at the table. Sunggyu's food was left untouched.

"I'll leave you with no medicine, but I won't let you starve. Aish, Kim Sunggyu!" he talked to himself.

He took the bowl and brought it to his room, hoped to see Sunggyu. But Sunggyu wasn't there. He searched him on the members' rooms. Still there's no sign of Sunggyu.

"Does he take a bath or something?"

He walked towards the bathroom when he heard Dongwoo shouted.

"Hyung! Are you okay?"

Woohyun hurried his pace to see what happened. Dongwoo pounded the door. Only towel wrapped his body. Seemed like he just took a bath.

"Dongwoo hyung!"

Dongwoo looked back. He looked panic. "Sunggyu hyung is in. I heard a thud from inside when I was on my way to my room. I called him but he didn't reply. I'm afraid he's hurt." His eyes were red, ready to weep.

Woohyun tried his luck, calling Sunggyu several times. But no avail, still no reply.

Woohyun ran to the manager's room. He searched for the spare keys. He found them hung beside the drawer. He ran back to the bathroom and tried to find the right key.

"!" he cursed under his breath when his third attempt failed. The fourth key was in and "click", the door opened.

"Hyung!" he screamed to see Sunggyu lying on the floor. He curled up with both hands cluthcing on his head.

Woohyun ran inside while Dongwoo was on his knees, crying.

Woohyun lifted Sunggyu's head and placed it on his lap.

"It... h-hurts..." Sunggyu mumbled.

"What? Where it's hurt, hyung. Tell me!" Woohyun panicked.

"M-my head. I-it hurts..."

"Dongwoo hyung, call the manager!" Woohyun shouted.

 

Sunggyu POV

I left the kitchen after had some quarrels with Woohyun. I was frustrated. I needed to get better but I didn't want to let my position is taken by anybody else. It's not that I was that greed. I just didn't want the members felt everything I felt as a leader. They didn't know how the leader had to do many things beside practicing, going to schedule, or performing. They didn't know that the leader had to stay awake to learn about the interview next day and found the proper answer for all the questions. They didn't know the leader had to check everyone and everything before he went to sleep. They think I sleep fast and don't care about them but I wake up later when everyone already asleep. They didn't know the leader was the first person to be scold if one of the members did something wrong. They didn't know the leader was the first person to know the news if they had a new schedule as soon as they finished a hectic day. They didn't know, they didn't know at all.

I went to the bathroom and met Dongwoo there.

"Oh, hyung. You're awake!" Dongwoo cheered. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, Dongwoo-ah." I put a faint smile.

"Ooh, ok."

Dongwoo left afterward.

I took a step to the bathroom. The sudden coldness of the wet floor hit me. I washed my face and saw my reflection on the mirror. "Is that me?"

I saw a reflection of someone, someone I didn't know. I didn't know if that reflection was Kim Sunggyu I knew.

I lost my confidence as a person, I lost my strength as a leader of a group named Infinite. The responsibility that I had all this time now became a burden. I didn't know if I really deserved to be called a leader anymore. I doubt myself.

Usually when I was feeling down, I would remind myself of the purpose of my life. Why I wanted to become a singer. How hard the way I went through to get all I had right now. I reminded myself of the sweet memories of training days, when I was still a trainee. Usually it worked. But now, those things vanishe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter