Jumping!

Stranded ♥

 

Comments! Rawr!
 
 
“HA!” She boomed. 
 
“What?” I blinked a few times, confused.
 
“Nothing.” She shook her head. “I haven’t had a boyfriend in a while. My high school is brand new, so it’s verrryyy small. There are no guys I want to date. I get asked out every now and then, but I always say no. I wonder if it’s because I’m too picky…?” She put a finger to her lip, seeming to be pondering the thought. “But there are no boys I’m comfortable around. No boys I’d want to even hug, or hold hands with. I figure when I can be around a guy and be at ease, that means he’s a good match for me.”
 
“That’s true. It’d be difficult to be in a relationship if you don’t feel right being around him.” I agreed. I instantly wondered how she felt around me. Would she say yes if I asked her out? I could only wonder.
 
"Well, back to work!" She mimed rolling up her sleeves. 
 
~
 
Yoseob P.O.V.
 
I felt, really, really, really stupid. After Leah told me all about her love for writing, I went out and bought her a notebook and some pens and pencils. She said she loved to write all the time, no matter what, so I figured she felt weird not being able to whenever she wanted. Would she be happy? Or would she think it was weird or inappropriate? I had no idea.
 
When I got home it was late and the guys were in the living room, lazing around. I managed to slip by them undetected. Leah was in the kitchen, where I’d figured she’d be since it was close to dinnertime.  I slipped in and pressed myself against the wall. I smelled pasta cooking and Leah was by the cupboard, trying desperately to reach the bowls on the top shelf in the cabinets. She extended her arm, and grunting as if it would suddenly grow long enough to grab it. She was on the tips of her toes but to no avail. She started jumping repeatedly, trying to snatch it.
 
It really was adorable. But what unsettled me was that her skirt flapped around with just the slightest movement. Watching made me feel like a y idiot, even though she was wearing black tights. Goddammit stop jumping Leah!
 
I walked over, reached above her and got the bowls.
 
Leah P.O.V.
 
I just about had those stupid bowls when I felt someone looming over me. I glanced over one shoulder to see that it was Yoseob, leaning over me and removing the bowls from the shelf for me.
 
His chest barely brushing my back sent shudders through me. He handed them to me, looking slightly irritated. “Here.” He said.
 
“Thank you.” I managed to say.
 
“You could have asked one of the other guys for help you know.” He said, refusing to look at me. “Or used a chair.” He smirked.
 
My eyebrows caved and I began to pout, but I didn’t care. “I could’ve done it myself. I’m perfectly capable.” I placed my hands on my hips, standing as tall as I could.
 
“Oh yeah, I could tell that from you hopping around like a rabbit.” He smiled teasingly.
 
My cheeks heated up. “That was—! I—!” but I knew nothing I could say would make him think otherwise, he was already chuckling. “Yeah, yeah, whatever. Go wait in the other room, dinner’s almost ready.”
 
“Okay.” He said. He turned to leave when I heard a rustling. I noticed him holding a plastic bag in his hands.
 
“What’s that?”
 
He stopped in his tracks. “What’s what?”
 
“In the bag?”
 
“Um…Air.” He said hesitantly.
 
“Mhmm.” I said. “Now really, what’s in it?”
 
“Nothing.”
 
“Is it dessert?”
 
“No.”
 
“It is!” I gasped. “Give it to me!” I tried to snatch it away from him, but he held it out of my reach.
 
“It’s not!”
 
“Liar!”
 
Yoseob P.O.V.
 
I held the bag high above my head. It almost seemed like it was no use. She was jumping around like a hungry puppy. I tried to push her away from me, but she rushed me, reaching and jumping. She got too close and rubbed up against me as she jumped. That caught me off guard and I lost my balance as I tried to back away from her. She jumped, reaching forward, which only propelled me backwards. We toppled over.
 
When I gained my senses, Leah was splayed out directly on top of me, her chin resting in the crick of my neck. Our cheeks were pressed together, her s smushing into my chest, her legs straddling one of mine. “L-Leah…”
 
She pushed herself up on her hands and knees and she looked so different, hovering above me, hair tickling my cheeks. My heart hammered in my chest. She looked equally as shocked, as if she didn’t know where she was. 
 
All at once, we heard a chorus of screams.
 
“YOSEOB!!!” The other members shouted.
 
“Y-you guys!” I exclaimed. 
 
Leah’s face turned a bright shade of red. “T-this was just an accident!”
 
“Leah…” Junhung started darkly. “Were you trying to make a move on Yoseob?”
 
“What? NO! Of course not!” She defended.
 
“Really? Because that’s sure what it looks like from here.” Gikwang said.
 
“No, you guys don’t understand, we—“ I started to sit up, but as I brought my legs up, the one that Leah was straddling hit her in the backside and drove her forward onto me again, this time her chest falling onto my face.
 
“Ahhh!” She let out a high-pitched squeal.
 
Really, at that moment I lost all sense of time. I couldn’t hear anything and all I could feel was that softness. Leah hopped off of me and bolted away, covering her chest as she went. We all heard a door slam. I just lay on the ground, senseless.
 
“Well. Good thing her shirt was a little low-cut right?” Gikwang shrugged. All the other boys responded by hitting him.
 
“Yoseob, go apologize.” Dujun commanded.
 
“But I—“
 
“Now!” He pointed towards the rooms. I hung my head as I went.