Chat

Stranded ♥

 

Comments? Pretty Pwease? :3 Err, I promise it'll get better soon ;)
 
 
 
Yoseob down beside me and started unpacking the contents of the bag. “Gikwang said you liked Chinese food. I made a guess and got you orange chicken.” He handed me a styrofoam box.
 
“Orange chicken!? That’s my favorite!!” I squealed. Yoseob just laughed delightedly. “It’s like you know me.” I eyed him teasingly. 
 
“Maybe I do.” He retorted quickly.
 
We both began to eat. “I really appreciate you coming back for me. I was getting lonely.”
 
“No problem.” He said nonchalantly. “We all have a day off on Thursday and Friday. We should all do something together. Show you the town.” He suggested. 
 
“That sounds great!” I clasped my hands together. This is why I came to Korea after all.
 
“Cool.” After a moment, he turned to me. “Tell me about yourself Leah.”
 
“Huh?” I looked over at him, mid-bite.
 
“Tell me about yourself. Your family, your school, what you like to do…”
 
“Why?”
 
“Why not?”
 
“Well, you’re a famous celebrity and I’m just some girl from America.” I pointed out. “Why do you care?”
 
“It’s not like I get to talk to regular people or fans that often. You…are a regular person right?” He teased.
 
“Of course I am!” I swatted his shoulder.
 
He let out a hearty laugh. “I know, I know. But hey, you’re living with us at the moment. I’d like to know about you.” He said, seeming genuinely curious.
 
“Oh…” I fidgeted in my seat. “Well, okay I guess.” I didn’t know what to do, I didn’t particularly like talking to myself. “Ummm…I know it might sound old-fashioned, but I like to read.”
 
“Read? You mean like vampire books?” He smirked at me. “Twilight was it? That’s the one that’s really popular right?”
 
I cringed. “Please. Maybe when I was thirteen.” I huffed. “No, I like….Literature. Mostly romance and redemption." I smiled.
 
“Wow.” Yoseob leaned back. “I don’t have much time for reading. Only sometimes when we’re travelling.”
 
Yoseob P.O.V.
 
When I turned back to Leah, her eyes were huge and glistening. “That’s…That’s so sad.” She whimpered.
 
“Wha?”
 
“I can’t imagine a life like that!” She cried out, looking distraught. 
 
“Um, Leah…”
 
“Oh Yoseob.” She took my hands in hers. “You poor thing.”
 
Was she being serious? Before I thought about it more, I couldn’t help but notice her hands encasing mine. They could barely manage it, they were tiny. My eyes widened. “Wah.” I said without thinking.
 
“What?”
 
Oh crap. “You’re hands. They’re so small.”
 
She narrowed her gaze. “Maybe yours are just big.”
 
I laughed. “Maybe it’s both.” I held up one of her hands and pressed my palm against hers. Her hand fit in my palm. “Like a doll.” I said.
 
“Yeah, yeah, I know. Everyone loves it. But watch out! These hands are pretty strong!” She mimicked a fighting stance.
 
“Haha, yeah? I’ll believe it when I see it.” I cooed in her face. She responded by pressing one of her little hands against my cheek and pushing me away. I laughed. “Hey, let’s quit changing the subject. Tell me about yourself.”
 
“I don’t know where to start…” She trailed off.
 
“Start anywhere.”
 
She inhaled deeply. “Well…” she said. “I have a mom, a dad and a little brother. He’s thirteen and at that age where he’s just turning into a teenager, so it’s pretty annoying. He’s about Junhyung’s height I guess.”
 
“He’s thirteen?” My jaw dropped.
 
“Yup.” She nodded. “And still getting taller as he gets older.”
 
“If he’s so tall, why are you so short?” I teased.
 
“Hey, he got the tall genes, I got the short ones. It’d be worse if it was the other way around, so it’s all good.” She smiled. “Anyways, I love them soooo much. I don’t know what I’d do without them. I have lots of really good friends, but only two of them really matter to me. We’ve been best friends since we were all ten years old, and we’re all very different now, but we still love each other. It’ll be tough when we go away to college.” Her shoulders slumped a bit.
 
I tried to get on another topic. “What do you want to study?”
 
"It's not that great..."
 
“Anything you really want to do is great Leah.”
 
“Well...” She said, her eyes starting to sparkle. “What I really want to do is be an author.”
 
“An author?”
 
“Mhmm.” She bobbed her head cutely. “I write all the time. I want people to feel things, or think about things when they read my books. I want them to love or hate my characters. I want my stories to mean something to someone.” When I didn’t say anything, she looked at me, maybe expecting some sort of response, but I could only stare. “That’s all I really want.”  
There was a long drawn out silence between us before she got flustered. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to go all philosophical or lecture you or anything…” She said, as if I was annoyed by her. How could I be annoyed by her dream?
 
“No. Leah.” I said sternly. “That’s really, really beautiful.”
 
She looked up at me, eyes big and glistening. With her eyes all wide I could really see how Caucasian she was. “It is?”
 
“Yes.” I smiled. “It’s wonderful, how much you care about stories.”
 
A small pink blush coated her cheeks. She turned away from me, but I could see the small smile at the corner of her lips. “T-thank you…” She said sincerely. “Whenever I say something like that to someone, they usually say ‘Leah…They’re not real. It’s just imagination.”
 
“Well then that’s terrible of them. You really, really love this.”
 
“With all my heart.” She sighed.
 
“I wish I could feel so strongly about something too.” I smiled weakly.
 
“Of course you do!” She exclaimed, appalled that I might think otherwise. “What’s something you really love to do?”
 
“Singing.”
 
“When you sing, you love it because it touches people right? Makes them feel something?”
 
“Well, yes.”
 
“But you also do it just for the sake of it yes? Just because you love it and feel good doing it? Like you feel like you’re supposed to be singing, all the time?”
 
I thought deeply about it. “Well…Yeah. I do.”
 
“That’s exactly how I feel about writing.” She beamed at me. “Except…I don’t know if my writing is anywhere near as good as your singing.”
 
“I’m sure it is!” I said defensively. It’s not like I was such an amazing singer, she was flattering me. “You must be good at something you care so deeply about!”
 
She giggled. “Thanks.”
 
I felt my cheeks heat up, just the tiniest bit. “So…What else is there?”
 
She blew out some air from . “Let’s see….Reading, writing, drawing, skateboarding—even though I’m terrible, video games—even though I’m terrible, hanging out with friends. Those are the basics.”
 
“Will you draw something for me sometime?”
 
“Of course! But I can only draw cartoon-type things. You know, anime and all that.”
 
“Why?”
 
“I don’t know. I can’t do anything that’s real-life. I’m just incapable of it.”
 
“I’m sure you could do it if you tried.”
 
‘Trust me. I’ve tried.” She got a blank look on her face. “Not pretty.”
 
I laughed. “So…” It felt strange to ask her, but I was curious. “Do you have a boyfriend?”
 

BUH BUH BUHHHHHHH!~ The plot thickens!

Trust me, it will get better. I realize it's pretty boring right now :/

COMMENTS?!?!?