Special

Stranded ♥

 

Surprisingly enough, B2ST was good friends with MBLAQ. They wanted me to meet them, so they set up a get-together dinner when they both had time off. 
 
I WAS A WRECK.
 
I scurried around the apartment, dusting and cleaning and scrubbing and overall just freaking out. The other members tried to calm me down.
 
"Do you think MBLAQ will really notice if there's dust on the ceiling Leah?" Hyunseung asked.
 
"Really, you don't have to worry. The place looks great!" Dongwoon commented, which I appreciated, but also didn't care about.
 
"It has to be spotless!" I fretted, trying to get a stain off the floor that just wouldn't budge. 
 
"Leah, that's a pattern on the tile, not a stain." Junhyung pointed out. 
 
"Oh." I sprang up. "Hahaha." I tried to laugh it off, but instantly went back to cleaning. 
 
There was a knock on the door.
 
"OH MY GOD!" I shouted. "I STILL HAVE TO GET READY!"
 
"Leah, you look beautiful, even when you're covered in dust and grime." Yoseob came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He leaned in to get a kiss but I wrenched out of his grasp. 
 
"Gotta change!" I sprinted into the bathroom. By the time I was ready, I was sure the boys were hungry and waiting for me to serve them. How embarrassing. I spent all that time preparing for them only to seem like a bad hostess and show up late to our own dinner. I looked at myself in the mirror. Makeup? Check. Hair? Check. Clothes? White shirt and gray skirt. Check. Shoes? High heels. Check. Ready.
 
I walked down the hall to hear all the boys conversing and laughing. I froze. What if they didn't like me? Don't worry, I told myself. Yoseob is there for you. I rounded the corner and the laughter and talking died down. I stood there stupidly, with my arms behind me back. 
 
"Hi." I waved shyly.
 
"So this is the Leah we've been hearing so much about?" Joon asked. "Yoseob she's cute!"
 
"Yeah." Yoseob sniffed, a proud look on his face. "I know." 
 
I felt a blush creep up my neck. "Nice to meet you all." I said as politely as I could and bowed. "I-I'll get dinner for you."
 
"Oh, you don't have to." G.O. interjected. 
 
"No, it's totally fine! I want to." I smiled.
 
"Ain't she sweet?" Yoseob pointed to me.
 
I served dinner, which they all praised, I'm sure just to be polite, but when I sat down, there was only a space between Mir and Thunder. I gave Yoseob a look, why didn't he save me a seat? He seemed to preocupied with his friends to notice. I sat down tentatively.
 
"So Leah." Mir said. I looked at him, my heart thudding in my chest. I was so nervous. What if I said something dumb and made Yoseob look bad? "How long have you been studying Korean?"
 
"Oh..." I felt relieved. "About 5 years. I studied a lot!" I held up my arms in triumph. 
 
"You're very good. Very fluent." Thunder complimented me. 
 
"T-thank you."
 
"LEAH!" I heard from across the table.
 
"Yes?!" I squeaked, surprised. 
 
It was Seungho. "So what made you decide to start dating Yoseob here? Did he bribe you?" He joked.
 
"Oh no," I held my hands up in front of me. "I'm the lucky one."
 
"Haha, you're too nice." Joon said.
 
"Yeah, we don't get it either." Dujun gave Yoseob a noogie.
 
"Hey, what's the big idea?" Yoseob suddenly demanded. "I should be sitting next to MY girlfriend." 
 
I sighed inwardly. So he did notice.
 
"Not so fast." Mir put his arm around me. "She's too cute to not share!"
 
It felt like my face was about to explode. Why were they being so complimentary? I wasn't used to it. I fiddled wih my fingers uncomfortably. 
 
"Back off Mir!" Yoseob laughed. 
 
"What if I don't want to?" There was a note in his voice that made me think he wasn't joking.
 
Yoseob didn't notice it though. "Then I guess we'll have to take this outside." He mimicked a fighting pose.
 
I made an excuse just so I could escape Mir's arm. "I'll get deasert."
 
"I'll help you." Mir followed me. Great.
 
I tried to stay away from Mir as we prepared the deasert. His hand brushed mine as we reached for the plates and I withdrew, as if his touch hurt me. 
 
"So...You and Yoseob?" He said.
 
"Yes." I returned. "I love him." It felt weird to say it out loud.
 
"Love? Already?"
 
"It seems like it's been a long time."
 
"Maybe." He shrugged. "Might not be much longer though."
 
"What is that supposed to--" But he was already walking away.