Chapter 7

His enchanting eyes

 

Chapter 7:

 

Myungsoo’s POV:

 

I glanced outside the window when we finally stopped the car, “Tell me again, why are we doing this honey?” I heard my dad asking my mum while glancing at her. “Look here dear, that little boy sitting in the backseat is my only son, and I would never say no to him that the first thing. Moreover, he threatened me he will leave if we didn’t do this, you can live without him? I wont let that happen and you know that” she said with a stern voice.

 

I chuckled and stuck my tongue out toward my dad while grinning and stepped out the car, “hurry up dad, come on get out the car” I said while stomping my feet. “You know they wont run away ok? Chill no one will steal him from you” dad rolled his eyes while walking ahead of us. I went to mum’s side and held her arm. She chuckled and patted my hand while smiling and whispered, “don’t worry, no one can resist you or say no to my son, the charming prince”.

 

My dad rang the bell and we stood their waiting for them to open the door. Shindong, Ms. Lee’s son opened the door and bowed then stepped aside, giving us a space to go inside the house. He led the way to the living room and there his parents greeted us.

 

At first, my dad and Sungyeol’s dad were talking about business and whatever; mum and Ms. Lee were talking about brands and etc. I took this chance and texted Sungyeol asking him what was he doing, he said he was studying, to which I replied he need to stop, he study way too much, he said he had nothing else to do. I sighed and looked toward dad, he was so engrossed in the conversation about the market. I poked my dad’s side and gave him a look to stop talking about business and talk about the real reason why we are here.

 

After a fake cough from my dad, he finally spoke, “Ah my dear friend, to be honest, I came here for another reason which is not really related to business but more of a family matter” I finally smiled, knowing my goal is getting nearer, “I came here to ask for your son’s hand for my son, Myungsoo” I heard the Lee couple and Shindong gasp.

 

“Mrs. and Ms. Kim, just give me a second with my husband” Mrs. Lee said while standing up and dragged her husband with her toward the kitchen.

 

[Mrs. And Ms. Lee’s side]

 

“Yah” Mrs. Lee hissed at her husband, “what is all this about?, since when do you know about this?”.

“I don’t know anything, he never talked to me about this, never” Ms. Lee himself didn’t know what was exactly happening in the world.

“Look, I don’t care about anything, they are rich, so ing rich, maybe that way we can get a part of the company, or whatever wealth they would give us, do you see what is happening, you cant say no, even if Shindong doesn’t want this, he must, and will for sure accept this! Got it” Mrs. Lee said while looking deeply through her husband’s eyes.

 

Ms. Lee sighed deeply, he didn’t know how to act, everything just happened so quickly, his friend coming over and asking his son’s hand to his own? He shook his head and took a deep breath and followed his wife to the living room to where the guests were.

 

Myungsoo’s POV:

 

I absolutely didn’t like the look in Mrs. Lee’s eyes; it didn’t carry any good feeling. She sat down in front of my mum and started talking, “My dear friend, of course we are willing to become one family, where can we find someone better than Myungsoo to take care of my son? Such a handsome and well mannered boy, he is educated in the perfect way, of course Shindong would say yes, I don’t think he will even need time to think about it.” Her face had a smirk, which gave me a really bad feeling, and what the hell? Shindong? No way I will marry that idiot.

 

“Mrs. Lee actu-“ before even giving my mum a chance to explain the situation, I spoke with little higher note than the normal one, “Sorry Mrs. Lee to kill your hopes, I’m not here to ask for Shindong’s hand, I’m here to ask for the other son”

 

“Myungsoo” dad said with a stern voice, I looked his side with a look that told him that I wont shut up or back off, not when its related to Sungyeol. “Mrs. Lee, what my son meant is, we are asking for your other son’s hand” my mum tried explaining in a softer note, trying to push away the tense atmosphere I created.

 

“Mrs. Kim, what other son you are talking about?” Mrs. Lee had an uneasy look in her eyes.

 

“In plain English, I mean I came here to ask for Sungyeol’s hand” my gaze wasn’t any softer than before.

 

Sungyeol’s dad finally looked toward my way, his gaze was different, I couldn’t really tell what he was feeling, they were mixed, confusing. “Where did you meet my son?” his voice was softer, a hint of pain in it.

 

“I met him somewhere, and can you please ask him to come down, I think I made it clear enough that I’m talking about him, I want to hear his answer, from his own lips. No one else to decide for him” I stood up determined.

 

“Shindong” Sungyeol’s father spoke again, “go and call Sungyeol.”

 

Shidnong nodded his head and went to call his stepbrother.

 

Sungyeol’s POV:

 

I was sitting on the mattress reading my book; I kept glancing toward my phone hoping Myungsoo would send a text, I don’t want to act so clingy or as if I cared. Its just, for the very first time, someone actually noticed my existence, finally, to someone I wasn’t just nothing, I was something.

 

I heard a knock on my door, standing up and opening the door, Shindong was standing there he told me dad was asking for me and is waiting for me downstairs in the living room. I didn’t know what was I supposed to feel, it’s the very first time he actually called for me since the day my mum left. I didn’t know what to feel, I was happy, more than happy actually, but there was an uneasy feeling, why now? What did exactly happen that made him call for me? I went downstairs without any hesitation; this is what I’ve always wanted, for dad to call out for me. As soon as I stepped inside the living room, my eyes grew wide, there was myungsoo sitting between his parents, dad look was different, and my stepmother gaze was full of hatred and anger.

 

I stood there, not knowing what to say or what to do until I heard the lady sitting beside Myungsoo saying, “Oh you must be Sungyeol!” she stood up and came to my side. “ah, yes ma’am Lee Sungyeol” I said with a stutter and bowed 90 degree. “Aigoo, no need to bow dear, we will be a family soon, just call me umma” she smiled while holding my hand dearly between hers, the look in her eyes reminded me a lot of my mum, she had this warmth around her. I was still confused of what is happening around us, Myungsoo was smiling at me. I wanted to show no emotion, especially that he didn’t tell me that he was coming over, that when it hit me, earlier when he was in my school getting me breakfast, “tonight, we will meet again, don’t be surprised, and you better not say no to what’s going to happen”.  But why didn’t he say it directly? Suddenly, Myungsoo’s mum pulled me to sit on her left; while myungsoo was sitting on her right. His mum caressed the back of my hand and said, “Sungyeol, you know Myungsoo right?” her voice was so soft and calming. I looked over to Myungsoo who was still smiling so charmingly, I looked quickly back to his mum, knowing my face will turn red. I nodded my head and felt her squeezing my hand, “Sungyeol, I don’t want to make this anymore complicated, I will say it directly to you without any turns. Myungsoo is here to ask for your hand.” I choked on my own saliva, my eyes couldn’t get any wider, I tried to register what was happening, and did she say he came to ask for my hand? What the hell is he thinking of? I was lost, I didn’t know what to say, everyone was looking at me waiting for my answer. I looked over to my dad, he looked away, “dad” I don’t know why, but his gaze was hurting me, I wanted him to say something. Suddenly, Myungsoo stood up and went to my dad, my gaze was fixed on him, he kneeled down in front of my dad and his head dropped down. I stood up, I was about to ask him to stand up but his voice didn’t give me a chance to, “Ms. Kim, I may not be the best person for your son, I may not be good enough, but I promise you, with everything, that I will try my best to protect him, to make him the happiest person alive, I would do anything for him, I will cross over the seas for him, I will put him first, I will make him my priority, I will be his shelter, I will be the embrace he run to, I will be everything he need, I will do everything for him, I love him too much to let him slip from my grip”.

 

My tears were welling up, stupid myungsoo, why are you humiliating yourself for someone like me, I let go of Myungsoo’s mum hands and walked toward him, I grabbed his arm and pulled him up and wlaked toward my room. Tears rolled down my cheeks, I didn’t want him to say these things, I didn’t want him to care, he shouldn’t no one should even know that I exist. Why are you making it hard for me myungsoo? I opened the door and pushed him inside and closed the door behind me. Leaning against the door, I looked up to him, “why? Why are you saying these stuffs? Are you out of your mind? What the hell were you thinking of?” anger and hurt was all what you can sense in my voice.

 

“I don’t need to explain anything, I think I was more than clear in what I said” he looked away.

 

“Why”, it was a mere whisper, “you shouldn’t care. Why do you even care? You don’t even know a lot about me”

 

“Yes I don’t but just give me the chance to, please sungyeol, lets not make it any harder, I would do anything for you, just accept” he walked toward me with steady steps.

 

“What the hell myungsoo? Do you get that you want me to decide my future here, now? Out of blue, why didn’t you at least tell me before? I can’t just decide so quickly! You didn’t even ask if I had something in my mind! How come you are sure I love you? What if I had someone else in my heart?” I don’t know why did I say all of this; it just came out without me realizing.

 

Myungsoo’s face turned to something I couldn’t read, “s-someone i-nn your h-heart? Ha-ha” he chuckled and his look in his eyes was something I’ve never seen before. He walked closer until his hot breath was hitting my cheek, my breathing got heavier. He placed his palm on my cheek and made me look his way, I didn’t know what to say, his thumb caressed my cheek and slowly went down to my lips he brushed over them lightly and chuckled. “What if I told you I can make you accept right away?” his gaze was full of confidence. “How come you are so sure of that?” I tried to make myself as calm as I can, which was impossible with his gaze looking directly in my eyes and his hot breath burning my skin. “Lets make it as a deal, you accept, and I will get you back to your mum” my eyes grew wide, how come he know about her? “I know that the lady downstairs is not your real mother, she is your stepmother, your real mother is alive don’t worry, she is in a good state” I was speechless; I didn’t know what to say. “H-how did y-you know a-about my mum?” I looked puzzled but hoping what he said was true. “I didn’t love you for nothing sungyeol, I did that to convince you, to make you know how much I care about you, I did that for you, I know how much you want your real mother to be here with you, I know how much you miss her and I did all that for you, just accept sungyeol, and I promise you to bring you back to your mother embrace as soon as I can” his smile was gentle, “so, someone is in your heart?”. He was tilted his head and a smirk appeared on his face. I gulped and didn’t know what to say, if he knew about my mother, and then for sure he knows that I don’t even have friends. His palm slid down till my neck, he rubbed it slowly and leaned down to whisper in my ears, “let’s go down, and they are waiting for us” he moved his lips across my cheek, it sent shivers down my spine without realizing I closed my eyes enjoying his lips against my skin. I opened my eyes when I heard him chuckling, “you liked it, didn’t you?” I looked away as my face started burning from embarrassment. His palm found its way back into mine, he wrapped our fingers around each other and squeezed my hand, “Sungyeol, just give me the chance to prove to you how much I care and how much I love you” I can sense the sincerity in his voice. I still didn’t know, I was still confused, everything happened so quickly. “Give me some time Myungsoo, I cant just say yes, you are a great person, you are the first one who did all this for me, but I need time, just little bit of time” I don’t know, I was lost, I wanted some time alone, I dropped my gaze down to the ground afraid of what kind of expression he would wear. Again, he held my chin and made me look up to meet his gaze, “I will wait Sungyeol, I will wait. I will give you some time and wait fro you, and you don’t have to force yourself into something you don’t want to” his gaze was calm and his smile eased the bothersome in my heart, he cupped my cheeks and leaned closer. I closed my eyes as I felt his lips land on my forehead, I placed my palms over his, he whispered, “I love you” before letting go of my hands and left the room. I dropped down and sat on the fround. It hurts me as much as it hurts you myungsoo, but I’m scared, Myungsoo, would you really do everything you said you would do for me? My tears slowly filled my eyes, one by one dropping down my cheeks, Myungsoo, just give me little bit of time, don’t give up on me, not yet, I promise I will try my best.

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

OMG DONT ASK ME WHAT IS WITH THE SUDDEN QUICK UPDATES !

Hahhaahhahah chapter 7 is here \o/

I couldnt help not writing and tearing while writing orz what even lol

Never mind o/ 

Read, enjoy, comment to get a lemon candy from Sungjongie ! <3

Hhahah I know every was waiting for Sungyeol's Yes but oh well, its not like he said no, he just asked for some time, right?

write your own thoughts in your comments guys o/

I would really love to know what do you think of the story so far!

 

 

Thank you

-Kim Bada