Chapter 19

His enchanting eyes

 

Chapter 19:

 

[With Myungsoo and the rest]

 

Dongwoo was crying in Hoya’s embrace, clinching tightly on his shirt. Sungjong took his mother to lie down on her room. Myungsoo’s parents went back to their house. Sunggyu was leaning against Woohyun’s chest, Woohyun wrapping his arms around him. Myungsoo was leaning his head against the frame of the living room door.

 

“Guys” all eyes went to the boy standing at the top of the stairs, “come to my room, its better” Sungjong smiled.

 

The five boys went upstairs to Sungjong’s room, Hoya lied Dongwoo on the bed and sat on the bed’s edge while still holding his hands, he caressed the boy’s hair and asked him to close his eyes and have some sleep. Sunggyu, Woohyun, Myungsoo and Sungjong were sitting down on the floor, none of them saying anything.

 

Myungsoo sighed before speaking, “how?”, everyone looked at him, “I mean how did you know, how did you guess its him” tears were filling his eyes as he utter word after word.

 

“I don’t know how did it start, but the day you said his name when we were in the café, I don’t know why but its like something in my heart told me its him, even though I never met him before, but I felt it”

 

“How come you never met him when he is your own brother?” Sunggyu asked

 

Sungjong sighed, “I spent the first 4 years of my life in the hospital, I had to be under the hospital’s observation because I was born in my 6th month, and my body was fragile, even though I’m way better now I still cant do any tiring sport” he wrapped his arms around on his knees and leaned his head on them.

 

“Even though I’ve only seen his pictures when he was baby and about 4 years old I still had this feeling its him, and now when we got the chance to tell him, he is not here with us, if only I didn’t take him to the mall and went directly to the house, none of this would have happened”

 

Myungsoo sighed before pulling the youngest to his embrace and rubbed his back softly, “it will be alright Jongie-ah, we will find him, just have some faith, soon you will see him here between us again, and you will get the chance to tell him this amazing news that I know for sure will make him the happiest person alive” Myungsoo smiled softly before laying Sungjong’s head on his lap.

 

Sunggyu smiled at the two boys before voicing out, “don’t be harsh on yourself Sungjong-ah, its not your fault, you just wanted to have fun with him and you didn’t know that this would have happened, what matters now that we need to find him”

Hoya dropped his body on the floor and closed his eyes while stretching his arms, “Sorry Jongie-ah, I think me and Dongwoo will sleep here tonight, I don’t have the heart to wake him up, and he is light sleeper, if I carried him he will wake up the moment I do so”

 

Sungjong smiled before moving to lie down on Hoya’s right, “don’t be sorry Hyung, I would loved it more if all of you stayed here with me tonight, having a company is always better” Myungsoo lied on Hoya’s left, Hoya chuckled before pulling his two dongsaeng closer to him and patted their head. “Good then, now sleep, we have a long day tomorrow, we need energy” Sunggyu and Woohyun smiled before laying down next to the rest of the boys and drifted to sleep.

 

Woohyun was the first to wake up, he went to wash his face and come back to wake the rest up. After making sure the rest are awake, he went down to make some breakfast for them, he noticed that some of the ingredients are missing, he decided to go to the supermarket to get some.

 

He left the house walking, he thought since it’s near, no need to drive. After spending 20 minutes in the supermarket, Woohyun left with two full bags. He was about to cross the street when he noticed a familiar figure, Woohyun dropped the bags and ran across the street while shouting the latter’s name.

 

 

[With Sungyeol]

 

After calming down, Ahjumma brought him inside and made him sit on the dinning table.

 

“Drink some tea master, it will help you in calming down” she said while placing the cup of tea in front Sungyeol. Sungyeol slowly brought the cup to his lips, sipping the green fluid. He placed the cup again on the table and looked up. “Thank you for listening to me” she smiled to him and shook her head, “no need master, I’m always here for you”

 

Jihoon entered the kitchen and sat beside Sungyeol, “how about we go out?” Sungyeol quickly looked at him with wide eyes, “maybe grabbing some coffee and a walk, you know, you didn’t go out since you came here” Jihoon smiled to the latter, Sungyeol nodded his head eagerly. Jihoon patted his head before telling him to change his clothes and that he will be waiting for in the car.

 

After waiting for ten minutes, Sungyeol came out. Jihoon was sitting in the driver’s seat, he was about to sit in the backseat when he saw Jihoon rolling down the window and asking him to sit on the seat beside his. Embarrassed, Sungyeol entered the car and sat where he was asked.

 

It took them about 45 minutes before reaching Seoul; they stopped in front of a café. Both of them left the car and went inside. They went to the counter and ordered their coffee, Sungyeol looked around, this was the place were he met his friends for the very first time. “Sungyeol” looking at his left, he saw Jihoon holding two take-away cups of coffee, he smiled before taking his and walking outside the café.

 

They started walking around, most of the talk was done by Jihoon, he told him about the building, the companies that were around, the brand of the shops that he can find around, even though Sungyeol wasn’t interested in these kind of stuff, he did give his full attention to the latter’s talk until he heard a familiar voice calling his name. He looked around, trying to find the boy that was calling his name; he kept moving his gaze right left until he saw Woohyun running across the street. He let go of the coffee in his hand and started to run toward him. Before reaching Woohyun he tripped and fell on his knees, even though the pain was stinging he tried to stand up to run to Woohyun, but before he got the chance to stand up, he saw Woohyun in front of him. Woohyun quickly pulled Sungyeol into his embrace and hugged him tightly. Sungyeol was glad he finally met one of them, Woohyun pulled away and cupped Sungyeol’s face, “Sungyeolah where have you been? Gosh come let go home ok? Everyone is waiting for you” Sungyeol quickly nodded his head while tears falling down. Woohyun stood up and pulled Sungyeol to stand up, he wrapped an arm around the latter, rubbing his forearm softly, while walking.

 

“Wait” Sungyeol heard Jihoon’s voice from behind, “where do you think you are taking him?” Jihoon was about to grab Sungyeol’s arm but Woohyun pushed Sungyeol behind him. “Who the hell are you to ask me that? I’m his friend”, “well, I don’t care if you are his friend or not, but that guy belongs to me, Sungyeol come we are going back home” Jihoon extended his hand for Sungyeol to take, but the latter shook his head, clenching tightly on Woohyun’s shirt. Sighing, Jihoon looked toward Woohyun before looking at Sungyeol’s bleeding knee, “Sungyeol-ah, we need to clean your knee, come on we should go back home”. Woohyun pushed Jihoon’s hand away, “I’m not letting you touch him, get away from my way” Jihoon looked at the crying Sungyeol, he felt a bang in his heart, he sighed before retreating his hands. “I’m taking him with me” Woohyun grabbed Sungyeol’s hand and was about to walk away before he felt Jihoon holding his forearm, “look, I don’t know who you are, but you cant take Sungyeol away, and I can sue you for doing that”, Woohyun widened his eyes, “are you insane? You are not even his father, you are the one who have no rights on Sungyeol”, before Jihoon got the chance to say anything, Sungyeol stood between them, he looked at Woohyun and talked in a low voice, “bring him with us, we will talk there”. Woohyun was about to fight Sungyeol back but the look on Sungyeol’s face made him not to, he sighed before nodding his head, he pulled Sungyeol closer and started walking toward Sungjong’s house with Jihoon following them from behind.

 

Woohyun opened the door and made some space for Sungyeol and Jihoon to come in. After closing the door, Woohyun walked ahead of them and entered the living room, none of the boys was there, he went to the kitchen and saw them sitting on the table, probably waiting for him to come back and cook some breakfast, he smiled softly before moving to the side to make his appearance noticed by the others. Sunggyu was about to nag about him leaving them without food, but before he utters a single word, Sungyeol entered the kitchen. The first thing Sungyeol looked for was Myungsoo, he saw the latter sitting at the end of the table he quickly ran to him. Myungsoo quickly stood up and wrapped his hands around the crying Sungyeol tightly and started to kiss his head with tears running freely from his eyes.

 

Woohyun dragged everyone to the living room; Myungsoo’s arms were still wrapped around Sungyeol. Woohyun asked Sungjong to bring the first aid kit so they can clean Sungyeol’s bleeding knee. When Sungjong came back, he sat beside Sungyeol and rubbed his back slowly, “hyung, please stop crying”. Sungjong wanted to clean Sungyeol’s knee but the way the boy was sitting on the couch and burying half of his body in Myungsoo’s embrace made it impossible. He sighed and looked at Myungsoo, hoping he will give a hand in this. Myungsoo nodded his head before slowly pulling away from the hug, but Sungyeol who sensed it, pulled Myungsoo closer and clinched his arms tighter around him. Myungsoo cupped Sungyeol’s face and smiled to him, “I’m here babe, I wont let you go, but please, show me your knee, we have to clean it” Sungyeol did extend his leg but he still buried his face into Myungsoo’s neck. Sungjong folded Sungyeol’s pants until his thigh, he started cleaning the cut and put some ointment on it, Sungjong blew softly on the cut making Sungyeol flinch. Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol and whispered, “Does it hurt?” Sungyeol nodded his head. Myungsoo leaned back before placing Sungyeol’s head on his chest and his legs on his lap.

 

Jihoon faked a cough then looked at Woohyun, “sorry to interrupt but we need to leave, come on Sungyeol” he stood up but Sungyeol shook his head while burying his face in Myungsoo’s chest. “Sorry but you are not taking him anywhere” said Myungsoo while tightening his arms around Sungyeol.

 

A voice grabbed everyone’s attention; it was Sungjong’s mother coming down the stairs. She noticed that there was someone in Myungsoo’s lap, walking closer, she realized its Sungyeol.

 

“Oh my god my baby yeollie” she ran to him and hugged him tightly while sobbing; she caressed his hair and kept sniffing his scent.

 

“Ahjumma I’m fine don’t worry, I’m here” Sungyeol said softly while smiling toward Sungjong’s mother.

 

Sungjong’s mother took Sungyeol’s hand and made him sit down on the couch beside her, she never left his side she kept rubbing the back of his hands with her palm.

 

“And who are young man?” asked Sungjong’s mother while smiling toward Jihoon.

 

After bowing lightly toward the old lady, Jihoon smiled and said, “Jung Jihoon”

 

“Oh nice to meet you Jihoon-shi, thank you for helping our Sungyeol and bring him back here” she smiled to him.

 

“Sorry to disappoint you ma’am but I’m not here to drop him and leave, Sungyeol is actually going to come back with me” Sungyeol shook his head lightly while his tears started to well in his eyes.

 

“What? Why?” her eyes wondered between Sungyeol and Jihoon.

 

Jihoon cleared his throat before talking, “it’s a long story, but Sungyeol will have to come with me”

 

“You are not taking him away” shouted Myungsoo while pulling Sungyeol to his embrace.

 

“Look here boy, Sungyeol belongs to me, you liked it or not, so let us go before I use force to bring him out” Jihoon hissed Myungsoo while glaring at him.

 

Sungyeol quickly stood up to stand between them and pushed Jihoon lightly while shaking his head.

 

“Someone care to explain what is exactly happening here?” said Sungjong while looking at everyone.

 

“Simply, I bought Sungyeol” every pair of eyes in the living room extended to their fullest, mouth wide open. Sungyeol dropped his gaze to the floor, trying to avoid the eyes that were on him.

 

“What do you mean bought him? Do you think he is some kind of an object that you can purchase?” shouted Myungsoo glaring at Jihoon.

 

“I paid his mother over ten million for him, if you don’t believe me, ask Sungyeol” replied Jihoon

 

Myungsoo and the rest looked toward Sungyeol who was still looking down at the floor, biting his lips.

 

“Is it true Sungyeol-hyung?” the youngest boy looked at his own brother, hoping to hear something different than what was said by Jihoon.

 

Myungsoo cupped Sungyeol’s face and looked in his eyes, “Yeollie-ah, is it true?” Sungyeol stared at Myungsoo’s eyes for couple of seconds before slowly nodding his head, he quickly averted his gaze away from Myungsoo’s stare.

 

“Jihoon-shi, I will repay you every single won you paid for Sungyeol’s parents in return of you leaving him here” Sungjong mother stood up while looking at Jihoon.

 

Sungyeol quickly looked at Sungjong’s mother and shook his head, “you don’t have to pay for me aunt, I will do it on my own, don’t bother yourself about it”

 

“No Sungyeol, I will do it, and you will know later why, but now” she averted her gaze toward Jihoon and said, “tell me the exact price and I will repay you this instant moment”

 

Jihoon sighed and sat down on the chair, “look, its not only about money ok? I bought him for the sake of having someone with me in my house, I needed someone by my side”

 

“Didn’t you think of the person you bought? What if he had his own lover? What if because of your own selfishness of having him by your side you destroyed his dreams or even his life huh? Have you even talked to Sungyeol-hyung about it before agreeing on the deal? Are you sure he did this on his own will? What if he was forced into this? What if he doesn’t want to be bought but had no saying in all this, huh?” Sungjong threw his nagging at Jihoon while stepping closer to him.

 

Jihoon looked at Sungjong speechless, Sungjong huffed and turned around and sat by his mother side. He looked toward Sungyeol and sighed, “can I have a moment with Sungyeol please? Alone”

 

Myungsoo was about to reject when Sungyeol held his hands and smiled, “it will be ok, he wont do anything harmful and he won’t take me away, trust me” Myungsoo whined and stomped his feet, Sungyeol chuckled and pecked Myungsoo’s lips before pushing him lightly outside the living room.

 

Sungyeol turned around and looked at jihoon, who kept staring at Sungyeol, Sungyeol waved his hand in front of Jihoon who blinked and gained his attention back. Sungyeol smiled and sat down on the couch, Jihoon stayed in his standing position.

 

“That lady, is she your aunt?” asked Jihoon without looking toward Sungyeol.

 

“No, she is Sungjong’s mother, the boy who nagged” Sungyeol chuckled when he remembered Sungjong’s face when he was nagging at Jihoon.

 

“Oh, and I guess that Myungsoo boy is your lover, right?” Sungyeol blushed and nodded his head.

 

Jihoon sighed and sat down beside Sungyeol who stiffened. Jihoon chuckled and leaned back on the couch, “I thought you believed that I wont hurt you, or did I get it wrong?” Sungyeol rubbed his palms against the fabric of his pants. “I trust you, it’s just, never mind”.

 

“You know Sungyeol, I wish I can take you back with me, to be honest, a part of me is telling me to take you by force because I know I have every right to” Sungyeol quickly looked up at Jihoon with wide eyes, Jihoon chuckled softly before patting Sungyeol’s shoulder, “don’t worry, I wouldn’t do it, maybe it was because I miss the company of my little brother that’s why I wanted someone by my side, but I never had the chance to fall in love or to interact with someone beside my brother in this kind of way, I mean, I cant be seriously missing love because I never loved someone, you cant miss something you never had, but now, looking at how they care about you and love you, and that Sungjong, hahahah he actually has a scary stare” I smiled as I recalled the way Sungjong was glaring at Jihoon, “I know for sure, you need them more than I need you” I heard him sigh before I saw his hand in front of me, I look toward him with a questioning look and he smiled, “friends?” I smiled and instead of taking his hand for a handshake, I wrapped my arms around his neck for a hug. He laughed at me before wrapping his arms around me and patting my back. I slowly pulled away and smiled, he stood up and faked a cough and looked at me, “I guess my part ends here” I stood and shook my head, “friendship never ends, you are always welcomed” he smiled before giving me his card, “hahah and I would love to keep this one, my phone number is written there, anytime you want just call or text me, I wont miss a call from you an di will gladly keep the conversation going” I took the card and smiled before putting it in my pocket. “I would love to spend the rest of the day with you Sungyeol, but work is calling for me, so I need to take my leave and head to hell” I chuckled and shook my head lightly, “its ok, I hope we will get the chance to meet again soon” he nodded his head. We left the living room and saw the others in the kitchen talking, when they noticed us leaving the living room they walked toward us, “I will need to take my leave ma’am, I hope you will take a good care of Sungyeol” he said while bowing to Mrs. Lee, she smiled before patting his shoulder, “no need young man, take care and don’t worry, Sungyeol is precious, we will never neglect him” we walked toward the front door, opening the door and giving him space so he can leave, Jihoon looked back and smiled, “I will see you soon Sungyeol, and until then take care of yourself”. To no one’s expectation, Jihoon leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on Sungyeol’s forehead, “bye bye, you too pretty boy” he said and winked at Sungjong who widened his eyes. He quickly turned around and left, after closing the door, Sungyeol looked back toward the others and smiled. A fuming Myungsoo was glaring at the door, Woohyun chuckled before smacking the back of Myungsoo’s head, “someone is jealous” Woohyun’s words left the rest of them laughing at the frowning boy. Sungyeol ran to Woohyun before clinging on his arms, “Woo hyung, I’m hungry” he said while rubbing his tummy, Woohyun chuckled and patted Sungyeol’s head, “arraseo, I will make you something to eat while you go and talk to the others, I bet they have something important that you should know” Sungyeol nodded his head while grinning widely at Woohyun. Woohyun and Sunggyu left to the kitchen to prepare something for the rest to eat, who went to the living room.

 

When the rest of them settled on the couches in the living room, Hoya went to Sungyeol’s side and held his face lightly and made him look toward Dongwoo, “Sungyeol-ah, does Dongwoo hyung reminds you of anyone?” Hoya asked while looking at Sungyeol. Sungyeol kept staring at Dongwoo trying to remember if he had ever met him before or someone similar to him, but it didn’t seems like it was working because he doesn’t remember anything. “No” Sungyeol looked at Hoya with questioning look, “not even those thick lips?” Dongwoo smacked himself mentally at his boyfriend stupid question.

 

Sungjong’s mother came to him while holding two photos, the first one that she showed to Sungyeol, was a boy who was showing his gummy smile to the camera while holding a white rabbit with another boy who had thick lips smiling with him as well. The second one was of the same two boys but they were wearing shorts and playing water balloon fight at a garden. He stared at the pictures, his mind slowly started to register what were this pictures, it was him for sure, the same gummy smile he have, he looked deeply at the boy that was with him, his eyes widened as he slowly remembered, his mind flew back to the days when he was couple of years old, the boy that he spent his childhood with, his very first friend, and the only one who he trusted, he pulled his gaze up and looked at Dongwoo whose eyes were full of tears, his lips slowly parted, uttering the words slowly, “d-dinosaur h-hyung?”. Dongwoo smiled as he nodded his head, Sungyeol quickly run to him and wrapped his arms around him tightly. “Dinosaur hyung” Dongwoo chuckled as he finalluy heard his nickname after so long.

 

Woohyun peeked through the door and called the boys over to eat. When all of them settled down on the chairs in the kitchen, Woohyun started to place some pancakes while Sunggyu poured them some coffee.

 

“So Yeollie, how does it feels to be back to your real mother?” asked a smiling Sunggyu. Everyone froze on their spot, Sungyeol looked at Sunggyu with wide eyes, “m-mother?”.

 

Sunggyu averted his gaze to the rest and looked at them with questioning eyes, “you didn’t tell him?”

 

“Tell me what?” Sungyeol looked at the people who were sittin at the same table and were avoiding his gaze.

 

Sungjong stood up and left the room, the place was silent until Sungjong came back holding a brown envelope. He placed the envelope in font of Sungyeol and went back to his place and sat down. Sungyeol looked at Sungjong who only smiled, he slowly grabbed the envelope and opened it, pulling out couple of white papers. He started reading them, at first, he didn’t get what was it exactly talking about, but the moment he read that the results were positive and it had his name and Sungjong’s mother name he realized what was all this about.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chapter 19 is up ^^/

How do you guys like the fic so far? I hope you are not getting disappointed,

There is probably two to three chapters left for this story to end.

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY URI SUNGYEOL <3

Please leave a comment and support this fic ^^/

 

Thank You

-Kim Bada