Chapter 22

His enchanting eyes

 

Chapter 22:

 

“Myungiiieeeee” Myungsoo looked up from the book he was reading to see his fiancé waving while motioning for him to come, “come here! Stop reading and come join me! Lets swim! Come here quickly”.

 

Myungsoo smiled as he closed the book he was reading and took his shirt off before heading toward the younger boy. Just when he was a foot away he quickly pushed Sungyeol, making him fall on his back in the water. He stuck his tongue out and ran away while laughing.

 

“Yah Myungsoo! You are so mean!” a pout decorated Sungyeol’s face as he saw his lover making faces at him. He didn’t move from his place, crossing his legs and placing his hands between them, totally ignoring Myungsoo who started calling him.

 

Myungsoo shook his head at his fiancé’s childish acts. He walked toward him and bent down so he was in level with the latter. His slim fingers holding the boy’s chin making him look up, connecting his gaze with Sungyeol. The boy had a sad with a slight anger look on his face. Myungsoo chuckled as he leaned and brushed their noses together.

 

“Aigoo our cute Yeollie is sad. Myungie will make it up to you. We can go and do anything you want” Sungyeol’s eyes light up and grinned before wrapping his arms around Myungsoo’s neck. “Can we have Americano and Americano cupcake?”

 

“Does that cake even exist?” Myungsoo’s raised his eyebrow at his fiancé.

 

“I don’t know, and if it doesn’t then we will make one, easy!” Sungyeol said cheerfully as he extended his hands high in the air.

 

“Such a kid” Myungsoo stood up shaking his head as he grabbed Sungyeol’s hand and pulled him up, going back to the beach house they rented in JeJu.

 

The lovers were enjoying their time around the island forgetting all about what is around them, living and cherishing their moments they have.

 

It was when they were having their cups of coffee when Sungyeol received a text from the person he least expected to. His face changed from the happy smiley Sungyeol to the one who is on the verge of breaking down.

 

He quickly stood up and grabbed Myungsoo’s hand pulling him toward the car, “drive to the beach house quickly”

 

“Why” Myungsoo asked confused.

 

“Just do it” Sungyeol snapped at him making Myungsoo do it silently, it was his first time seeing Sungyeol this way, he knew better not to ask the latter and just give him time, for sure he will tell him when he calm down.

 

When Myungsoo was driving to the beach house, Sungyeol called the airport, asking them when is the next flight to Seoul is, which was within an hour.

 

“Why are we suddenly going back?” even though he heard his boyfriend asking him, Sungyeol stayed quiet as he leaned back on the seat and closed his eyes while praying, a single tear rolling down his cheek.

 

“Yeollie” Myungsoo’s voice was so soft that it was hardly audible; a thumb wiping the tear that was on the side of the younger eyes.

 

“Just drive Myungsoo, please” Sungyeol turned his face to the other side, facing the window.

 

What is wrong babe? You won’t even look at me? Myungsoo sighed as he tried to drive as fast as he could, hoping it wasn’t something concerning his family or their friends.

 

 

 

Myungsoo sat quietly, staring at Sungyeol, who was looking outside the plane window. The latter didn’t utter a word since they were in the car. The quieter Sungyeol became, the more worried Myungsoo is.

 

When they landed, the driver was already waiting for them there.

 

“Should I drive you to your house sir or to the Lee house?” asked the driver as the two boys got in the car.

 

“None of these two, I will tell you the way just drive” Sungyeol suddenly snapped, making the driver flinch.

 

Myungsoo looked at his lover, his gaze was filled with worry. His hand slipped between Sungyeol’s sweaty ones, tightening his fingers around them. Sungyeol looked up, he was fighting against the tears, the miserable feeling that was taking over him. He felt weak and lost. His lips trembled, they parted, second passed by, but air was the only thing that escaped him. Myungsoo smiled softly and pulled Sungyeol toward him, hugging him tightly.

 

Sungyeol’s face was buried in Myungsoo’s shoulder, “it will be alright babe, everything is going to be alright, don’t worry” Myungsoo whispered softly near Sungyeol’s ear, hoping it will calm him down at least.

 

Sungyeol clutched on Myungsoo’s shirt, as if his life depends on it.

 

 

Sungyeol barged into the room he was running toward for the past minutes, barely breathing at the moment. Tears welled in Sungyeol’s eyes as he stared at the man who gave him a chance to live once, his father. Lying on the hospital bed, wires, IV hanged on the side of the bed he was lying on, monitors surrounding him. Sungyeol took wobbly steps toward where his father was, Myungsoo walking just right behind him.

 

“D-dad” barely caught by the people who surrounded him, Sungyeol called for his father, who did not budge at all. His fingers run across the cold flesh of his beloved, moved up to his cheeks. “Dad, please open your eyes” Sungyeol’s leg gave in as he fell on them, Myungsoo ran to him, hugging him from behind, as the latter cried his heart out, seeing his father barely alive.

 

The sound of the door being opened attracted all the eyes toward it. A tall guy wearing lab coat came in, holding a folder between his fingers.

 

“Dr. Shim, nice to meet you” he bowed toward the two guys, who bowed in return.

 

“Doctor, what is wrong with my father?” the air running out his body scratched the walls of his throat as he tried to ask the doctor without trembling or breaking down.

 

“Well, I’m not going to lie to you, but he is not in a good state, but at least he is not getting worse, he is stable for now” Dr. Shim adjusted his glasses as he sighed, “he had a , I can guarantee you that his heart is working in an acceptable way, but his brain, its dead” Dr. Shim’s eyes were empty, emotionless.

 

 

 

His steps were heavy, the winds were pushing him back as if they were asking him to go back but he still walked against their will. He bent down, on his knees, smiling softly as the tears filled his eyes.

 

He softly placed the bouquet on the grave; afraid these soft flowers would actually break the hard tomb, “how are you dad? Are you sleeping in peace? Don’t worry about mother in law and your son shindong, I promise you, I will keep looking after them from afar, so just rest in peace and don’t worry about anything”.

 

He stood up, dusting his pants. He bowed one last time before turning around and leaving the cemetery.

 

He was instantly wrapped in a tight hug from his lover, smiling softly; he linked their fingers as they head to their next destination.

 

 

Short distance was all what parted his fist and the piece of the wood, he kept sighing for god knows how long, not sure how will he face them, but he knew, if he want it to be done, he better just do it already.

 

The hand that just rested on his shoulder gave it a light squeeze, assuring him everything will be fine.

 

A soft knock was heard as he finally took the courage to do it. He waited for not so long before the piece of wood in front of him moved and was greeted by the sight of his mother in law.

 

Was she shocked? Yes she was indeed, and being shocked might be a little bit to what can describe her.

 

She moved aside as her gaze fell down, ashamed of herself.

 

With every step Sungyeol took in this prison he ran away from, more memories slipped through the wall of his brain, the old life he lived her slowly started to form itself again in front of him.

 

“Nice to see you again, Sungyeol” the pictures that were appearing in front of him shattered as he snapped from his daze and looked at his mother in law. They were already in the living room.

 

He placed an envelope on the table, “I didn’t come here for anything that would take long time, I just came to give you the papers of the company that dad left under my name, I don’t need it and I am not actually interested in taking over it” he smiled as he bowed and grabbed Myungsoo’s arm, trying to quickly leave the place.

 

 

It was a cold night in December, between the streets of Paris, the four couples stayed in a rented house. It was when Jihoon wanted to have some sweet alone time with Sungjong, when Sungjong’s mother insisted that all four couples should go and enjoy their time there.

 

All of them were having fun chattering together, when Jihoon stood up, carrying the sleeping Sungjong in his arms. He excused himself for the night, followed by the rest of the couples, leaving Myungsoo and Sungyeol alone in the living room.

 

Myungsoo smiled as he leaned his forehead against Sungyeol’s forehead whispering softly, “I love you babe, I love you”.