Chapter 18

His enchanting eyes

 

Chapter 18:

 

[With Sungyeol]

 

I was leaning on the kitchen doorframe and looking at ahjumma preparing the dinner, I sighed and went to help her. I grabbed the silverware and was about to place them on the table when Jihoon-shi entered the kitchen. I looked up to him for a second before dropping my gaze down again to continue what I was doing.

 

“Leave the silverware on the counter, ahjumma will place them and get the table ready, come sit here with me” I heard him saying while taking a seat on the dinning table.

 

“It’s not going to harm me if I helped her around, its not like there is anything else I can do in this house” I said without looking up to him.

 

“You do realize that your job in this house is to listen to my orders and stay by my side all the time” he said while rolling his eyes.

 

“Doesn’t that make me a butler? Why don’t you consider me as one then” I didn’t look to him and went to the counter to grab cups to place them on the table.

 

I heard the sound of the chair moving, and in few seconds I felt him turning my body around. I felt his hands holding my wrist, he took the cup from my hands and placed them on the counter, I saw ahjumma leaving the kitchen after bowing, I tried to make her stay with my pleading eyes but she just smiled and left. I whined and stomped my feet.

 

I heard him chuckle so I looked up to him, he was wearing a light smile. I faked a cough and looked away. His hands came up to caress my hair, he opened his mouth to say something but only a sigh came out.

 

He stared at me for a whole minute before speaking, “look Sungyeol, I didn’t mean it that way, I bought you because I needed someone in my life, I need a partner, I needed someone to love, this house feels empty whenever I come in, I know this might be so sudden to you, but I want you to stay because knowing that there is someone who is waiting for me at home is what make me smile at work, even though we only spent a day, but I can feel it, the feeling that there is another soul living with me beside workers, the fact that I don’t consider you as one of them is the thing that make you special to me.”

 

I didn’t know what to say, I might be selfish to reject and say the truth directly, but I have every right to, I mean this is my life, I wont mind being a friend with Jihoon-shi, but I have someone in my heart too, I cant just leave everything behind me and start new with him, my heart still belong to that certain someone. I sighed, I didn’t know how to clear things out, but I knew, eventually I need to, no matter what.

 

“Sungyeol, I will do anything for you, we can spend a vacation in Jeju, or Paris or anywhere you wish to visit, we can go to amusement park, movies, parks anywhere, we will have fun together” he said while placing his palm on my cheek, his thumb running across it slowly.

 

The more he talked the guiltier I felt. The longer I stayed quiet the worse this situation will be. “You wont decline any favor I would ask you?” I asked while looking into his eyes.

 

He nodded his head with a smile.

 

I my lips before speaking up, “let me go”.

 

His smile dropped, “what?”

 

I repeated my words without looking at him this time.

 

He grabbed my chin and made me look at him “why should I? I bought you, I own you Sungyeol, and you don’t expect me to just let you go this simply” he hissed at me.

 

I trembled under his fierce gaze, I swallowed hard before speaking, “ I will pay you back, just let me go please”

 

“Sungyeol I bought you for over ten million dollars, do you think you can repay me that easily?”

 

I widened my eyes when he said the price, tears slowly filling my eyes as the thoughts of the impossibility of me repaying him that huge price. “I-I will work, I will try anything but please” I closed my eyes as tears started to all down my cheeks.

 

I heard him sigh before pulling me into his embrace; I felt a hand caressing my hair while the other one rubbed my back slowly. He pulled me to sit on one of the table’s chair and he sat on the one beside mine.

 

He poured me soup, “eat now, we will continue our talk later”.

 

I didn’t feel like eating, I just stared at the bowl ad when I glanced at his, he didn’t eat either.

 

We stayed like that for half an hour before he stood up and grabbed my hand took me upstairs; we entered the room and that when he let go of my hand.

 

He sat on the edge of the bed, I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and came back and he still didn’t move an inch. I took my pajama and went to change, after changing into my pajama I dropped down the bed. I turned to the other side of the room, giving him my back. I felt the bed moving, he probably lied down too.

After couple of minutes, I felt his arms wrapping around my waist and puling me closer till my back came in contact with his chest, at that moment I shivered. He sighed before whispering into my ears, “don’t worry, I promise I wont do anything to you, just let me hold you for now” I felt his arms tighten around my waist, I tried to calm my racing heart and convince myself that it will be alright. Soon enough, both of us drifted to sleep.

 

I woke up the next morning groaning, I stretched my arms and looked around, yeah I remember, this is jihoon-shi’s room. I sighed before standing up and heading to the bathroom to wash my face.

 

I went downstairs and saw jihoon-shi talking in the phone while pacing back and forth in the kitchen, I entered after whispering a good morning, which I doubt the latter had heard it.

 

Ahjumma came and placed my breakfast on the table, I smiled to her and nodded my head. She came back with a cup of coffee and patted my shoulder, “how are you today master?” she asked with her soothing voice.

 

“I’m fine ahjumma, and you?”

 

“I’m fine master, please enjoy your breakfast and if you needed anything just call me I will be here right away” I smiled to her and shook my head, “its ok ahjumma, I can help myself around, you can go and rest” she smiled to me before bowing and leaving the kitchen.

 

I looked toward Jihoon-shi who was rubbing his face with his palm while talking on phone, another 3 minutes passed and then he ended his call. “You could have started eating you didn’t need to wait for me” he said while sitting down and sipping from his coffee.

 

I shook my head lightly and whispered, “its ok”

 

I stared at the food for I don’t know how long until I heard him calling my name, I looked up and saw him looking at me, “yes?”

 

“You don’t like the food?” he asked

 

“No its ok, I just don’t feel like eating”

 

“Why? You want me to ask ahjumma to cook you another thing to eat?” before he got the chance to call ahjumma, I stood up.

 

“No its ok, I told you I don’t feel like eating” grabbing my coffee, I bowed lightly and looked up, “please take care at work” with that I left the kitchen and went to the back yard and sat down on the grass.

 

I don’t know how long I sat there until I heard some footsteps behind me. I didn’t budge from my place and tried to stay composed.

When the person sat down, I looked to my right to see ahjumma smiling to me.

 

I sighed as I stared at the trees and flowers in front of me, I was about to sip from the cup when I realized that I’ve finished my coffee, I groaned and placed the cup on the grass and stretched my legs.

 

“Want me to make some more for you?” I heard ahjumma’s voice from my right; I shook my head and smiled.

 

I saw her patting her lap; I slowly laid my head on her lap and sighed. I closed my eyes and pulled my knees near my chest.

 

I felt her hand caressing my hair, “what is bothering you master?”

 

I didn’t know how am I supposed to answer her, I missed ‘myungsoo, I missed my friends, I missed Myungsoo’s parents, I miss everyone I met there. Here, its so lonely, its like a prisoner in a huge prison, thoughts started to come to my mind, memories started to appear in front of my eyes, I couldn’t hold back my tears as they ran down my cheeks, I didn’t realize I was crying until I heard my own sobs, I brought my hands up to my mouth and held it tightly over it. Even though I was covering my mouth, my sobs were still heard by the ahjumma. She pulled me up and wrapped her arms around my waist; I buried my face in her chest and cried.

 

She rubbed my back slowly and asked, “What’s wrong dear? You can tell me anything”

 

“I want to go back home, I hate it here” she tightened my arms around me as my sobs grew harsher

 

“If you didn’t want this, then why did you agree?”

 

I pulled away little bit, enough for her to see my drenched face, “ahjumma, I didn’t say yes, I didn’t want this, I still don’t want it, I didn’t even have a saying in all this that happened, my stepmother forced me into this, I don’t want to stay here ahjumma, I want to go back to my friends, I don’t even life with my stepmother and father anymore, I have my fiends, I have a lover, this is wrong, its like am cheating on him, if only I can runaway, I would do anything to repay jihoon-shi, but I just want him to let me go please ahjumma” I clinched my arms around her tightly as I threw away all the burden on my heart, wishing my only wish would come true.

 

Little did both of us know is that a figure was hearing all our conversation while standing behind the doors that led to the backyard. 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

DIDNT REREAD IT ! so i apologize if there is any mistake or typo u.u

and sorry its a short chapter but hopefully will make it better

hope you enjoyed this chapter and please leave a comment o/ thank you !

 

 

Thank you!

-Kim Bada