chapter 1

His enchanting eyes

 

-Chapter 1

 

Stepping a feet inside the house, he heard a yell from the living room,

“You worthless dog, come here!” his stepmother voice echoed through the whole house. Stepping slowly toward the living room, where he was greeted by his stepmother blowing air on her new polished nails and her son, sitting there eating popcorn like there is no tomorrow.

His stepmother gave him a glare, he understood immediately what he need to do, putting his bag slowly on the floor and stepping closer to his stepmother, he kneeled with a lowered head in front of his stepmother and closed his eyes tightly. And there it came again, the stinging pain across his cheek, “ you worthless piece of ! Why didn’t you wash my clothes last night? Didn’t I order you clearly to wash them and have them ready by this morning? Don’t you understand? Huh!” she screamed at the poor soul kneeling in front of her, showing no merci at all, her son, shindong laughs can be heard through the whole house when he saw the pathetic state of his stepbrother, SungYeol.

“Hahahhahahahhah no wonder his mother left him, he is worthless, I don’t even know why does someone like him exist on this earth! Just a waste of space!” Said ShinDong with a mouth full of popcorns. SungYeol clenched his pants tightly, just waiting the moment his stepmother will let him off so he can run away to his room and cry his poor soul out.

“You can leave to your room now! And you better get them ready by tomorrow's morning!” said his stepmother after giving the already bruised cheek another slap.

 

Standing up with a shaky legs, SungYeol took his bag and run back to his room, his only escape. Once he reached the attic, SungYeol let out a sigh before opening the door, he didn’t have a bed, he was given a thin mattress, a pillow and a blanket, his clothes was folded on the corner of the room, no closet no drawers, nothing, nothing at all.1

 

He placed his bag on the mattress, changing his clothes and heading down again to wash his stepmother clothes. Heading toward his stepmother room, outside beside the door there was a huge basket full of clothes to be washed. A bitter sigh escaped his plump lips. Grabbing the basket and heading outside to where the washing machine was, SungYeol mind was somewhere else, he was thinking of which university he want to roll in, he wasn’t worried about the payment, because he know he can easily get the scholarship and join any university, he want to join a boarding school so he can run away from this life. Putting the clothes in the machine, SungYeol went back inside and started to prepare the dinner table. Placing the plates and silverware on the table, his stepmother came and placed the dinner in the middle of the table.

“Go get your plate so I can give you dinner” scoffed his stepmother as SungYeol got his plate and extended his plate so his stepmother can give him dinner. “Disappear from my eyes sight, go eat in your room” yelled his stepmother at him, turning around to leave, he saw his father standing there, looking at him with caring eyes, SungYeol’s eyes begged for his dad to call his name, begged for any sign of love, his tears almost falling looking at his dad. Mr. Lee looked away and went to sit on the table to have his dinner. SungYeol’s heart was aching, he didn’t know why his dad never talk to him anymore, no single word would escape his lips when he sees SungYeol, he was his father, his biological father, yet he didn’t feel he was at all, he changed after his mother disappeared without a trace.

SungYeol got back to reality when his stepmother smacked his back so harshly almost bruising it; he apologized and ran away to his room.

 

The next day, SungYeol made sure he hanged his stepmother well ironed clothes beside the door before he left to school. Once he stepped outside the house, he heard his stepmother yells his name, groaning, SungYeol ran again inside the house and headed to the living room. “Yes ma’am?” said SungYeol with a soft tone. “Tonight your father’s friend is coming over for dinner, you better come back quickly and clean the dinning room and get beers when you are coming back” Ms. Lee said while throwing some money at SungYeol, giving a nod and a yes, SungYeol picked the money and ran back heading to his school.

 

SungYeol always stayed silent during school, he never made any noise unless the teacher asked him to answer a question, he loved it when the teachers praised him, it made him smile, at least he was good in something. When the 3rd class ended, his homeroom teacher called him to meet in her in her office. Standing up, SungYeol followed his teacher to her office, stepping inside; he bowed and took a seat in front of her desk. “Yes Teacher, you needed anything?” SUngYeol asked her in a low tone. “Oh not really, I called you over because I was about to ask you if you chose the university you want to attend because I’ve found a good university for you” Said his teacher with a smile. “To be honest teacher, I didn’t, I don’t know which major I want too” SungYeol’s head dropped down, looking at his fingers on his lap. “Hmm, what do you enjoy doing? What do you see yourself as in five years?” His teacher said while placing her arms on her desk. Opening his lips to answer his teacher, a dang was heard in the office. “Oh I forgot my coffee” the teacher turned around and pour herself a cup of coffee, she looked at SungYeol and smiled “Do you like coffee?”. He smiled to his teacher and nodded his head, she came with a second cup and handed it to SungYeol.“so SungYeol?”.

 

“Well, I don’t know teacher, I want to work in music industry” said SungYeol while holding on tightly on the cup. “Perfect” said his teacher while clapping her hands; SungYeol blinked his eyes while looking at his teacher confused. “Ok see, do you know Woollim University?” SungYeol’s eyes grew wide, how can he not know that university? Most successful singers and songwriter and producers, he really wanted to go there but doubted if he will make it through. “Y-yes”, “Good, we got an offer, to introduce one of the students to them to audition for them and I thought of talking to you about it after hearing you singing I knew you would make it through with no doubts” just when his teacher said that, SungYeol chocked on his coffee and looked up to his teacher, “w-when did y-you h-hear me singing?” stuttered SungYeol embarrassed about the fact that his teacher once heard him singing. “Oh that was couple of weeks ago, you were in the music room playing piano while singing, and I was totally into your voice and knowing you are an A student, there is no way they would reject you”. When his teacher said that, the dead hope in him came back to life, he didn’t know why, but he knew this is what he always dreamed of hearing, he wanted someone to tell him he can make it through and that he is worth it. Smiling toward his teacher, he saw her taking out a brown envelope and place it on the desk. “In this envelope there is a resume I want you to fill with information and bring it back to me tomorrow, don’t worry about anything, I will be the one who to write about you when they will be asking the teachers plus your reputation is perfect, I’m sure that you will succeed in joining it” she smiled widely at SungYeol who was sipping his coffee happily. “Thank you teacher for telling me about it and I will make sure of trying my best to join it, and thank you for the coffee, I will take my leave now” SungYeol placed the cup on the desk and bowed and left the office. Heading back to his class, SungYeol finally felt his heart being at ease with no worries about university.

 

When school finally ended, SungYeol rushed out wanting to buy the beers and get home to finish everything so he can open the resume and start filling it. Crossing roads and turning around, SungYeol went inside a supermarket and bought the beers. Heading back home, SungYeol knew too well, he need to hide tonight he cant show his self today, not when there is some guests in the house.

Stepping inside the house, SungYeol went directly to his room to put his back, then back to the kitchen to place the beer and start cleaning the kitchen and get things ready for tonight, an hour and half passed by and SungYeol was done with everything, looking up to the clock, he saw the stick pointing at 6:20 pm, he washed his hands and went upstairs, his family will be back soon so he need to disappear.

 

Pulling out the brown envelope, SungYeol saw the Woollim stamp, he traced his pale fingers over it, he couldn’t believe it, his dreams are coming true, he was determined to make it to Woollim University no matter what, ad for sure, he will choose dorms, anything to run away from this life.

 

He pulled the resume out and started filling the required information and the more he filled the happier he was, his happiness couldn’t be described, all what he wished for right now is his mother to be here and pat his back telling him how great is he doing and that he deserve this, he just wanted his mother to be here with him no more.

 

Hearing laughs echoing through the house, SungYeol knew that everyone arrived. He didn’t want to mingle between them, so he tried his best to stay silent. But his wish wasn’t granted when he heard knocks on his door, slowly opening the door, he saw ShinDong standing there asking him to go downstairs because his stepmother wanted him. SungYeol wondered why would she call him when they had visitors, slowly going downstairs he went to the kitchen, SungYeol was greeted by his stepmother angry face, his heart started beating fast, he knew this face meant no good at all, he gulped while stepping closer and standing 2 feet away from his stepmother. He felt it again, the stinging feel across his cheek, he held it while looking up and whispering with a shaky voice “Why Ms. Kim?” she slapped him again while hissing “You dare to talk back to me you worthless piece of ?” she gripped his hair tightly while shaking his head harshly, “you didn’t wash the clothes properly you idiot and I went with a stain on the bottom of my dress. The tears started to well in SungYeol’s eyes, the pain was too much, his cheek hurts, he felt like his hair will be torn soon, he looked up with an eyes full of tears, but there outside the kitchen, stood a boy who looked like in SungYeol’s age with wide eyes, SungYeol wanted to run and hide, he was embarrassed. Another boy was seeing him in this pathetic state, out of blue he was slapped again and push to the wall harshly; “Go upstairs and don’t come down until tomorrow there is no dinner for you” his stepmother walked out and went back to the living room.  SungYeol’s hand went up to his arm and rubbed it after it’s been hit against the wall, it hurts him a lot. Slowly walking upstairs to his room, SungYeol stepped in and closed the door immidiatly, he still remember the boy’s eyes, he couldn’t forget his stare, but SungYeol didn’t like it, didn’t like the fact that the handsome boy had seen him in such a state. Sighing at his cruel fate, SungYeol laid down on his mattress, he heard a knock on his door, he prayed it wont be his stepmother or her son, slowly opening the door, SungYeol’s eyes grew wide as he stared at the boy in front of him. “Hey” said the handsome boy with a smile.

Before he utter a word, the handsome boy, passed him and got inside the room, he kept looking at the empty room with a confused look. SungYeol kept playing with his fingers, he knew the boy would probably feel disgust by him, at the place he call a room, but its not like he is able to change anything. Slowly, SungYeol sat down on the mattress while looking at the handsome boy who was looking outside the window, and then toward the brown envelope. “Woollim University I attend that one” SungYeol’s head shot up after hearing that sentence. The handsome boy went over the envelope, which was lying on the mattress and sat down beside SungYeol and placed the envelope on his lap. “MyungSoo, Kim MyungSyoo” said the handsome boy while smiling toward SungYeol. “Huh?” SungYeol looked at MyungSoo with confused face. Chuckling at SungYeol’s cuteness, “My name is Kim MyungSoo” replied MyungSoo while staring at SungYeol’s bruised cheek. “Oh haha –cough- SungYeol, Lee SungYeol” said SungYeol with a slight nod. He flinched when he felt the other boy’s palm on his bruised cheek and looked up immediately, he stared at the other’s face, which was rubbing his palm slowly on the cheek.

“Does it hurts?” MyungSoo whispered while his eyes couldn’t leave the other cheek. SungYeol gulped and nodded slowly. Out of blue, he felt the other’s wet lips on his bruised cheek, slowly moving across it , his heart was beating so fast and he didn’t believe what just happened. He looked back to the boy when he heard his voice, “my mum always said that a kiss heal the pain, it wont hurt you anymore SungYeol” MyungSoo smiled at SungYeol, who was still lost. MyungSoo’s palm went back to the cheek, slowly moving down to the bruised arm, he again, went there and slowly kissed it and smiled at SungYeol, “no more pain” SungYeol didn’t know what was happening, he was lost, but went back to reality when MyungSoo stood up. “I should go downstairs before my mum get worried and freak out that I was kidnapped or even killed” said MyungSoo with an angelic laugh. “I will take my leave now SungYeol, I hope we can meet again, and Oh! You better try your best and join Woollim University, I will be waiting for you there” said MyungSoo after winking at the seated boy, with that he left the room and headed downstairs.

MyungSoo didn’t know that he left a still confused soul upstairs, SungYeol’s fingers went up to his cheek, tracing his finger over the place where MyungSoo’s lips touched, then back down to his arms, without him realizing, a shy smile came across his face.

Knowing that someone, not any person, but the handsome caring MyungSoo is waiting for him in Woollim University, SungYeol wished tomorrow is his first day in university, and he couldn’t wait for that day to come.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

First chapter is finally up ^^~ 

woooh i reached up to the 5th page in word while typing this :O,

I was typing and didnt realize it was too much LOL,

I know its not really interesting but I wanted to give you the idea of how is SungYeol's life is,

But well I hope you guys enjoy this and PLEASE leave a comment :) Thank You ^^

Sorry for any grammer spelling mistakes ^^

-Kim Bada