Sweet Luck

Some Day

You walked into the classroom early again. No one was in the room, not even Soohyun. Pulling out your phone, you sat down in your chair. The time was ticking by quite slowly and with almost half an hour left until class began, boredom already hit you.

Now what.

You made your way to the bathroom and stared at yourself for a few minutes until a smile crept onto your face. You chuckled a little at yesterday’s scenario. It was like your dreams had come true. No actually, they had just come true. It was unbelievable but something you never expected. You stopped smiling to yourself when a girl walked out of a cubicle. It was Mi Young, of course. She looked at you harshly but feeling your confidence, you death stared her back.

“So, I heard Kevin broke up with you”, you said, looking at yourself in the mirror.

Omo, what have I become? That was too much.

“Why did he break up with you?” You turned around and walked a little closer.

Maybe it’s time for some revenge? No no Soo Jung don’t go any further.

“Why does it concern you? Why do you even want to know?” She replied, trying to be confident.

She’d got you. You didn’t know what to say, you should’ve thought about the things she might say back before you said anything in the first place.

Really not knowing what to say while she started staring at you, you took it to the next level. “It must be that bad attitude of yours..”

“Sorry!?” Mi Young walked all the way up to you. You knew you shouldn’t have started this in the first place.

Pabo pabo what’s wrong with me.

“Girls like you shouldn’t be talking to me like that”, Mi Young used her index finger to push you above your chest causing you to take a step back.

“Why do you think you’re so special huh?” You said in defence and used your index finger to push her away.

“Psh, scumbags shouldn’t even be near me.” Mi Young said back but that really fired you up.

“What!? Scumbag!?” You grabbed her hair in a tight pull and pulled it, but not too hard. She cringed in pain but grabbed tie and began to tighten it around your neck.

“YAH!” You cried out in pain. You grabbed her hands and tugged them away to release the pressure on your neck. Your arms grabbed her shirt while you moved her back and forward. She grabbed your waist with both of her arms and tried to pull you to the ground but eventually you gave in. Your back was on the ground now as she was still pushing you down. You thought of grabbing your shoe and chucking it at her but you had to try and get her to stop holding you down. Trying to distract her, you got hold of the back of her shirt and pulled it back, lightly putting pressure on her neck. She held you down even harder by your shoulders. The pressure on her neck got a little too much and she removed her hand from you to try and get your hand away. Using your free hand, you grabbed her hair and yanked it down. She flinched in pain but she was on the ground now. You decided to take your chance and so you ripped of her tie but suddenly her leg flung out and kicked your knee which was keeping you up. You fell on her and she quickly grabbed hold of your hair and pulled it around. The two of you suddenly looked towards the bathroom door, which had just opened. In walked another student with brown straight hair and her hands firmly placed in her pockets.

“YA! Mi Young!! Are you okay!?” The girl ran up to Mi Young’s side and you tried to back away. Standing up, you knew things could get a whole lot worse because her friend was here.

“That ! Look what she did to me!” Mi Young said to her friend and tried to fix herself up while she was still on the floor.

“Yah, where do you think you’re going?”  The girl was speaking to you. You turned around and looked down at them.

“To class of course.” You said.

You began to progress walking to the door until you got roughly turned around by Mi Young’s friend.

“What did you do to Mi Young huh? You think you can get away with this?” She seemed so confident and willing to stick up for her friend.

“She did the same to me!” You said and pointed down to your clothes.

“So?” she grabbed your tie.

You weren’t ready for another round; you’d used up all your energy on Mi Young. You noticed Mi Young was getting up from the ground. She lightly brushed herself and walked to the two of you.

“Looks like we have some work to do, don’t we?” Mi Young said to her friend although she was giving her face. She looked quite fed up, but you did too.

“Of course Mi Young, we need to teach her a lesson.” Her friend grabbed your arm and pulled it up so it was above your head.

Mi Young the tap and gently put her fingers under it. She lifted her fingers up and pressed the tap hard so that the water began spraying in every direction. She adjusted her fingers and the water was now coming straight towards you, leaving you a wet mess. The other ruffled your hair as if it wasn’t messed up enough. Surprisingly, she gritted her teeth and slapped your face. Your check started to burn as you winced out in pain. Mi Young suddenly grabbed your arm and with all her strength, she jerked you forward but scaringly her friend pushed you hard towards the ground after you’d travelled over half of the bathroom because of her force. Your skin made contact with the hard cold floor and the tiles had probably caused some grazing. Tears were about to form in your eyes as you felt helpless to their strength. You felt like you were going to die. The chatter of others were heard meaning school was about to start. You were doomed. If you left the bathroom, everyone would see your state and probably stare at you. Your friends, you didn’t even know if they cared about you anymore. It’d been a month since you sat with them or even said hi.

What do I do?

Mi Young was about to charge at you again but she was stopped by her friend. “Mi Young, let’s go quickly go before more people come?”

Mi Young looked at her friend and nodded. “Yah, tell anyone it was us and I’ll...” Mi Young retied her hair and brushed herself off. “Let’s go.” She and her friend left.

You were still on the ground and the tears welled up in your eyes. It got worse as another girl walked into the bathroom and screamed.

“Omo, are you okay!?” she asked. You were happy even someone had come to help you.

“Ah.. yeah.. I’m fine.” You carefully stood up but the tears were threatening to fall. You fixed your hair quickly and began slowly walking out of the bathroom. You had to make it for roll call or you’d get a detention for being late. Your vision hazed a little as some hair fell into the way of your eyes. You wiped the water of your face and fixed up your tie as you took slow steps to the classroom. The side of your leg was a little grazed as expected from the tiles but especially your knee. You were still outside the building walking at a snail’s pace because your legs just didn’t seem to want to move. Grabbing onto the nearest table, you head hung down as your weak leg slumped to the side every so often. A few tears dropped slowly out of your eyes as the feeling of hopelessness overwhelmed you and the pain started to slowly creep in.

“Soo Jung ah!” someone had called your name. You wanted to look over but you were scared the person would probably see the horrible state of your face.

The someone was shocked at your state even though you were clueless to who it was. The person took hold of your free arm and put it over their shoulder. Your legs were still feeling weak and about to give out. You were startled when the person decided to grab hold of your legs and scoop you up. The person started to walk but your head was still drooped down. Finally, you managed to look up at who had saved you and you saw KEVIN.

“Kevin..” your voice was soft but you were so thankful that he’d come to help. You felt stares around you but it didn’t matter.

“Soo Jung just hang in there yeah?” Kevin re-affirmed that you’d be fine as he kept walking.

You smiled and gently rested your head against Kevin’s shoulder. It felt like you’d been lifted up by the heavens and assured safety. You closed your eyes but not for long because you and Kevin had reached the sick bay sooner than hoped by you. Kevin gently put you down on the side of the bed. You were sitting up as Kevin left you for a second to grab some wipes from the cupboard.

“Soo Jung ah, how did this happen?” Kevin asked as he reached up to grab the wipes.

“Eh? Ah... that..” You didn’t know what to say. You stared out into the space in front of you and tried to get yourself together. The space wasn’t still anymore as Kevin returned back and was at your level in front of you. Your used the back of your hand to wipe the tears around your eyes that were preventing you from seeing clearly. Your eyes suddenly darted to the side of your knee where what you thought was a harmless graze but in fact was a significant wound.

“Are you okay?” Kevin sweetly asked as he pulled out an alcoholic wipe ready to clean the wound.

“Yeah”, you let out a small smile as you looked down at Kevin.

“Don’t worry, but this might hurt... a little.” Kevin looked up and gave a small smile back. His sweet voice was starting to sooth you already.

Kevin lightly wiped around the area of the wound carefully and evenly. Kevin started to bite the side of his lip as he had to put the wipe softly on the open wound. The extreme burning sensation caused you let out a small whimper and bite on your lip. If it was someone else you would’ve kicked them then and there but you managed to control yourself. Kevin looked up at you feeling your pain while his other hand took hold of yours and softly squeezed it.

You could still feel the wound burning a little as Kevin cautiously removed the wipe. He grabbed a bandaid and delicately placed it on your wound. His eyes travelled up a little when he noticed there was still a little bit of grazing on your thigh.

“It’s a little grazed, I’ll wipe it down”, Kevin said trying not to get too nervous. He pulled out another wipe and brought it close to the graze. Kevin’s hands began to shake, he was never in a situation like this before.

 Thinking the pain was about to hit you, you braced yourself but the pain didn’t come. The nurse had come in.

“What’s happened here?” the nurse asked and walked towards the two of you.

“She fell over”, Kevin suddenly said instead of putting you on the spot.

The nurse walked over to inspect you. “Ahh I see you’ve already patched her up! What a kind young boy!”

Kevin let out a little laugh. “Ah it’s nothing! She’s still a little grazed here though”.

The nurse took over as Kevin took a seat on the bed beside you. He noticed your shirt was ed and so he leaned in quietly and began to button it back up. You were caught in an moment where you couldn’t think, at all. Kevin’s face was inches away from yours as he buttoned up the second last button. Nervously, you didn’t know where to look and at the wrong time, you looked at Kevin’s face the second he decided to look up at you. You unexpectedly winced again and your breath hitched in front of Kevin as the nurse suddenly blotted the wipe over your graze. Kevin looked away, down to your collar button to do it up. He finished and sat back down next to you leaving you feel awkward.

“Looks like she’s all done! You two can go back to class now.” The nurse picked up the pack of wipes and walked back to put it away.

Kevin and you both bowed and said thankyou as you left.

As you were both outside, Kevin asked, “What really happened?”

You were extremely hesitant to tell him what really happened.

If I tell him that I got in a cat fight with his ex girlfriend, he’s going to.. I don’t know, I just can’t tell him.

“Well, I kind of got into a fight with someone....” you said shyly.

“What? Who?” Kevin in reality seemed really concerned.

“Eh? It doesn’t really matter now I guess... maybe later I’ll tell you..” You supposed not being certain that you would ever tell him. Kevin kept walking, trying to guess who would get in a fight with you.

You really didn’t want Kevin to get the wrong impression of you and the worries flooded you.

“I’m not really like that though.. I’ve never been in a fight like that!” You said forcing out a small laugh.

“Okay okay I believe you then”, Kevin said positively. “Well I’ll see you later then!” Kevin began to walk off.

“Kevin!!!” You half shouted. “Thankyou... you even skipped some of class time to help me.. I’m sorry for troubling you.” You bowed a little. “Well, I guess I’ll see you later then.. thank you! Really!” You walked off and Kevin smiled.

The moments replayed in your head as you walked up to your classroom. You were happy... even though you were on the worst terms with Mi Young and her friend.

You opened the classroom door and took a few steps in then bowed. “Sorry I’m late.”

“Ah Soo Jung. You’re late, I guess that’s an after school detention.” The teacher said standing up from his desk.

“Sorry”, you said and bowed again. Walking to your desk, Mi Young was sitting in the back row looking pretty tattered up. Before you sat down at your desk, you looked over at Soohyun’s desk but there were no books on it. You looked further to see Soohyun wasn’t even at his desk. You feared the worst, that he must’ve seen Kevin carrying you or something. You felt done for.


-    Kevin’s Classroom     -

 

Kevin walked slowly into the classroom and bowed as he apologized for being late.

“Well Kevin, I’m sorry but that’s a detention after school”, His teacher said looking back from the whiteboard.

 

 

 


 

 

Hey Guys! Chapter 8 is up!! Sorry for no update yesterday, I am trying my best to update every day since I’m on school holidays ;) I got distracted whilst writing because for some reason I just felt like watching ‘A Shared Dream’ again. I’m still listening to it now hehe, reminds me of how much I love this song! Well, UKISS’ new song ‘Inside of Me’ is coming out tomorrow! The MV I think.. I’m not too sure. Can’t freaking wait it’s actually coming out tomorrow. I’m not ready... I thought it was coming out on like the 27th of July! Seems like the date changed haha. Well, I’ll stop blabbering on now. Hope you guys have a good day/night. Also, their detention is in the same room, same time.. so I wonder what shall happen hehe! Thank you everyone!