Look Into My Eyes

Some Day

As the two of you walked to the dukbokki stall, you asked Soohyun to tell you some more about UKISS. The both of you laughed as Soohyun told some funny and embarrassing stories about the members. It seemed as if he had already trusted you.

"Eli, he can be a bit weird sometimes...” Soohyun lifted up his backpack a little.

"Really?” you said still laughing a little from the previous tellings.

"When Eli is around Kevin, he becomes a little strange".

"What do you mean?” you asked but happened to notice that the expression on Soohyun's face had changed. He became a little more serious.

“Well to tell you what I mean, one day I had to see the teacher after school about homework. Eli and Kevin came along so they waited outside on the benches that faced the classroom. After I had consulted my teacher about my question, I was walking towards the door but noticed something weird about Eli so I decided to watch for a bit. Eli had firmly planted his hands on the bench, with his arms around both sides of Kevin. Strangely, Eli started to lean in and at the same time Kevin started leaning back. Kevin had a confused look on his face but was laughing at what he thought was Eli’s little joke. Kevin quickly put his hands on Eli’s chest, trying to stop him. I saw Kevin say something, but I couldn’t quite hear what it was. Despite whatever Kevin said, Eli still kept leaning in and soon enough, he had closed the gap between the two of them. Kevin shut his eyes and turned his face to the side saying “Stoppppp! What do you think you’re doing Eli!?”. Eli’s face had become inches away from Kevin’s so to save him, I quickly opened the door and said, “What are you two doing?”. Eli pushed himself back up, started laughing and said, “Kevin was taking this seriously!”, Eli kept laughing as he got up and I noticed Kevin’s bright red face. I’ve seen weird stuff like this before and oddly, he only does it to Kevin.” Soohyun explained his long story.

“So do you think Eli is...you know....” you wanted Soohyun to finish of your sentence but he just kept looking ahead.

“...gay”, you finished it off yourself.

“I don’t know, maybe he just has something for Kevin but it’s even weirder that this stuff happens in private.” Soohyun stated pressing the button for the lights.

Wait... could Kevin be gay! OH NO!

“But then... is Kevin gay?” you had to ask. If Kevin was really gay, you’d be totally devastated.

“No no. I highly doubt so. He quite frankly likes girls a lot.” Soohyun said looking around.

“Ah okay then.” You were so relieved to know he wasn’t gay and you tried not to show it on your face. If you heard from Soohyun that Kevin was gay, you would’ve been totally wrecked.

Reaching the stand you both ordered two dukbokki skewers seeing as school had made you both hungry. Soohyun quickly paid for them before you even got your wallet out.

“Thankyou! Have a good day!” the ahjusshi said and waved.

Soohyun started walking off and you bowed and trailed behind him until you caught up.

“Why did you pay? I was getting my wallet out” you asked chewing your dukbokki.

“Why wouldn’t I pay!”, Soohyun said with a smile on his face.

The both of you enjoyed your dukbokki. Soohyun was proving to be quite nice and there were no awkward moments between the two of you.


“One more stop!! This one will be fun!!”, Soohyun said.

After taking sticker photos, Soohyun bought you a cute pink bear. You had to admit, this was one of the best dates you’d been on even though you hadn’t been to many. You wondered if another date would be better than this.

You two only walked a short distance until you reached the last stop.

“NORAEBANG!” You shouted in excitement. The noraebang was one of your favourite places but you hardly got to go. You always had so much fun here when you came with your friends and you had come to love it so much.

“Do you like noraebang?” Soohyun didn’t know if he made a good or bad choice.

“I love noraebang Soohyun! It’s one of my favourite places!” you were jumping with joy.

Soohyun was surprised when you said his name and a smile grew on his face. “Really!? I love it too!”

The two of you got a nice room and ordered soft drinks. The first few songs you sang with Soohyun  which were really fun, just as you expected. You sat down as Soohyun started to sing a ballad song. You’d heard Soohyun sing only once before at school and all you could say was that he was an amazing singer. Hearing his breathtaking voice sing the heartbreaking lyrics of the song brought tears to your eyes. Suddenly your tears fell as he turned around but Soohyun kept singing. He reached out his hand to you. As you took his hand,  you stood up and he slowly walked you towards the middle of the room. He was still singing but he put his hand on your waist and started moving to the beat of the song. You were a little surprised but you found the beat and started your moving your hips too. Your hand held the arm that was on his waist. The distance between you and Soohyun was quite safe you’d say.

The song finished and then another soft sounding song started playing. Soohyun reached out his hand and put the microphone down on the table. He then put both his hands on your waist so you put your arms around his neck.

You felt a little awkward but the both of you silently moved to the beat. You hadn’t made eye contact with him the whole time so then you did. He looked back at you and you became lost in his eyes. He was so alluring and charming and you became mesmerised in the moment.

Soohyun brought you a little closer and the both of you still swayed while the music played. He then made the distance between you two only a few inches. You became a little overwhelmed and Soohyun suddenly closed the gap.

The both of you were still silent but you were scared something further could happen.

“Thankyou for today Soohyun” you said softly and looked up into his eyes.

“Anything for you”, Soohyun brought his face closer to yours as you looked down. You could feel Soohyun’s breath on your forehead. You knew he wanted to kiss you but you weren’t so sure if you wanted to. You liked Kevin after all.

You could still feel Soohyun’s breath on your forehead and you didn’t think he was going to move, so you looked up at him. He locked eyes with you and moved his face inches away from yours. Soohyun looked down at your lips and you had no choice now. You knew it was coming, so you let it happen. Soohyun lightly pressed his lips against yours as you closed your eyes. Soohyun’s left hand moved from your waist to your head. You didn’t want him to go any further so you slowly broke away from the kiss and put your hand on his chest. You smiled at him and he smiled back.

“Shall we go then? It’s getting late isn’t it?” Soohyun said, still holding you.

“Sure,” you smiled at him and the two of you let go of each other. Honestly you didn’t know if what you did was wrong or right.

The two of you grabbed your bags and walked towards the door.

“Wait, I want to ask you something. You don’t have to answer me straight away though. I don’t want you to answer straight away actually.” Soohyun said looking a little nervous.

“What is it?” you said looking curious.

“Do.. do you want to be my girlfrie.. end?” Soohyun barely made the end of his sentence.

Awkwardly your eyes automatically darted to his lips and you remembered the kiss.

“I want you to think about it though.. don’t tell me now.” Soohyun said reassuring that he really didn’t want to know now.

“I’ll think about it,” you shot a friendly smile.

You expected him to ask you sooner or later but you were happy that he asked you at the end. He wasn’t jumpy or desperate. Soohyun turned around to open the door and you quickly looked back and remembered what had just happened. You softly smiled and continued walking behind Soohyun.

“Hyung!” Soohyun said with a smile on his face after he opened the door.

You took a few steps and stood next to Soohyun to see who it was and to your greatest surprise, it was someone you didn’t want to see. Not at this moment. Definitely not. Definitely not now.

No....

“Ah Soohyun hyung!! Oh! We should’ve had a double date!” he said with a smile on his face.

Your natural instincts overpowered you and you grabbed Soohyun’s hand and held it. Luckily, Soohyun didn’t react.

Why now? Why here? Why Kevin...and....

Kevin’s hand was locked with a pretty and tall girl. She was skinny with perfect curves. Her perfectly straight brown hair was draped past her shoulders. She wore high heels with a pretty dress reaching past her mid thigh.

This was the second time you’d seen Kevin not wearing his school uniform and he looked excellent.

“Kevin, why don’t you introduce us to your lady?” Soohyun said enthusiastically.

Your heart was broken but you knew you wouldn’t cry. 

“Meet my girlfriend, Mi Young!” Kevin said happily.

No, not girlfriend...

You should her hand and introduced yourself after Soohyun did as she smiled and said hello. You felt Kevin looking at you and you had put on your best fake smile for everyone.

“Well, we still have some songs to sing! So excuse us! Have a good date!” Kevin was still smiling and as happy as ever. Seeing him so happy with another girl felt like you lost a part of your heart. You tried to keep on a pleased expression as Soohyun and you walked away.

You slowly let go of Soohyun’s hand but he grabbed your hand before it fell to your side. Leaving the building, the chill of cold night air hit your skin but the only thing you could feel was the pain left from seeing Kevin with his girlfriend.

“Are you cold?” Soohyun was about to take of his jacket but you stopped him.

“No no I’m fine”, you looked at him and smiled.

“Is something wrong?” Soohyun asked, he could see on your face the tiniest bit of gloominess that you tried to hide.

“No of course not!” You let out a little fake laugh and carried on walking. The only thing warming you was Soohyun’s warm hand. Your heart felt cold. Seeing how happy Kevin was with her, it really shattered the window in your heart.

Soohyun was kind enough to walk you home.

“Thank you so much Soohyun for today. I’m so grateful! It was so much fun” you said. You were definitely extremely grateful that Soohyun had given you such a great afternoon.

“See I told you you’d have fun”, Soohyun said smiling at you. “Go inside now, it’s cold.”

“Have a safe trip home then, ah, do you want my number?” You pulled out your phone. The two of you exchanged numbers and Soohyun went on his way back home.

You opened the door to your house and your mum was on the couch watching TV.

“Eomma I’m home!” you took of your shoes and began walking up to your room.

“Oh, Soo Jung ah! It’s 10 o’clock, I thought you said you were finishing school early today!” your mum obviously sounded quite worried.

“Sorry eomma, I had to go to the library to finish of an assignment”, you said before walking off to your room.

“Are you hungry?” your mum was about to follow you.

“Ah no I ate already!” you said and finally made it to your room.

The feelings had built up in you already. You didn’t want to cry, you knew you were stronger than this. You knew some girl with Kevin shouldn’t make you cry. It just made you were jealous. You couldn’t cry over this. Taking in a deep breath, you sat down beside your bed. Opening your bag, you pulled out the sticker photos you took with Soohyun and let a smile form on your face. You hugged the soft pink bear Soohyun bought you. You remembered the noraebang. Soohyun. The kiss. How he asked you to be his girlfriend. Then the images of Kevin filled your mind. How happy he was. How he held her hand. How they suited each other so much. How they seemed so close. How that girl wasn't you. Your eyes welled up but you knew not to cry. You tilted your head back and looked at the light.

This is nothing. I shouldn’t even get worked up about this. I probably won’t get to be with him anyway and they like each other a lot.

You couldn’t help yourself, you let the tears flow down your face. You wished you were on a date with Kevin...

But then, you still had more to think about. You had to answer Soohyun.

 

 

 

 


Thankyou everyone who has been reading so far! I know I haven't got as many readers as everyone else but I'm so grateful for everyone who is reading! Sorry my writing is probably horrible. I don't know why but AFF won't let me colour words! If that makes sense.. LOL. Well everyone don't worry, Soo Jung (you) still likes Kevin!! Please wait for my next update, should be soon! Thankyou!