You Can't Be Like This

Some Day

It had been a real hectic week and Friday was nearly over. English being last period on a Friday really made you even more tired than you already were. You slumped on your desk before looking over at the clock.

Thirty more minutes...

You dreaded even more. Everyone around you seemed quite bored too and the atmosphere was down. Everyone except for Soohyun because he wasn’t even there. He hadn’t come to school for the rest of the week now but you had a feeling you knew why. You wanted to apologize and try to sort things out with him but you didn’t have the guts to. You felt shameful to even face him.

The end of the day came and you walked down the school hallway. Everyone was with their friends, all ecstatic for their Friday afternoon plans. You sighed as you looked around at the happiness surrounding you. You on the other hand were making your way home to watch TV or do anything to suppress your boredom. Kevin wasn’t staying at your house because he’d told the members it was only for a night and otherwise they’d suspect things.


Soohyun was sitting on the wooden chair downstairs in the empty dorm. Of course everyone else was at school except for Soohyun. He sat there, slouched in his chair staring blankly at the space in front of him. Kibum was approaching the dorm with a container of kimchi in his hands, freshly made by his mum. He looked through the screen door to see Soohyun sitting there on a chair. Soohyun had left the wooden door open for some air earlier.

“Soohyun!” Kibum said peering in.

Soohyun moved his head towards the familiar voice at the door. “Kibum! Why are you here?” Soohyun stood up and began towards the door.

Kibum was an ex member of UKISS and of course, he used to live with the others in the dorm. He had to move because of his family business that was further away. They moved houses and Kibum went to the school closer to his new house.

“Why aren’t you at school? Did you come home early?”, Kibum said as he watched Soohyun walk towards him. Kibum had already graduated and was in university.

Soohyun opened the screen door to let Kibum come in.

“So why aren’t you at school?” Kibum asked again but was interrupted when Kiseop walked in.

“Kibum hyung!” Kiseop ran to Kibum and immediately hugged him.

Kibum was taken a back a little when Kiseop had charged at him. “Kiseop ah! How was school? Did Soohyun go to school today?” He pushed up his glasses as Kiseop stopped hugging him.

“It was boring. Soohyun hyung is depressed though”, Kiseop said pulling out the apple he hadn’t eaten out of his bag.

“Depressed?” Kibum turned around to face Soohyun. “You are depressed?”

Soohyun cleared his throat but he didn’t answer. Kibum went back to face Kiseop.

“It’s because of a girl”, Kiseop said before taking a bite into his apple, staring blankly at the two of them. (A.N. Only Soohyun knows that Kevin is hanging around with you, the other members only know that Soohyun and you are in a quarrel.)

“Aigoo”, Kibum slumped his arm around Soohyun’s neck and patted his shoulder. Kiseop walked off to his room to unpack his bag.

“Well, how about before the club opens I’ll pick you up for a few drinks?” Kibum said and looked at Soohyun. Kibum owned a club downtown Seoul named ‘Neverland’.

“Okay okay”, Soohyun said after some time as he looked down to the ground.

Kibum released his arm of Soohyun’s neck. “Good then, I’ll see you later!” Kibum left the dorm and took off in his car.


You had finally made your way to the exit of the building when someone had placed their hand on your shoulder. Turning around, you saw Kevin smiling at you and you instantly smiled back, relieved to see his wonderful face again.

“Soo Jung!” He said happily looking into your eyes.

“Kevin!..?” You said tilting your head to the side a little confused as Kevin stayed silent for a bit.

“Are you free tonight?” He suddenly said out of excitement.

“Yeah I am!” You didn’t want to ruin the good mood he was already in.

“Let’s go out tonight!” Kevin suggested as his face lit up even more.

“Sure!” You couldn’t wait already. It was going to be your first date with Kevin.

“But one thing, don’t dress too formal okay! I’m going! Ah I’ll pick you up at 8! Eat dinner before I come okay!” Kevin waved and half ran in the opposite direction.

His statement confused you as you let out a little ‘Bye’ after he left.

After 8? Not too formal? Eat dinner beforehand? Where will we be going?

You made your way home as the questions buzzed through your head. Where exactly would he be taking you?


Soohyun was dressed in a washed out grey button up shirt with black jeans. Kibum came to pick him up at 7:30 and they headed straight to the club.

Soohyun sat down at one of the stools in front of the bar. The club was empty because it wasn’t open yet but the line up outside was pretty long.

“Well, alcohol makes you forget things for some time so here we go.” Soohyun muttered as he was served a bottle of beer.

He consumed the bottle of beer just before the club opened. Moments later, people had filled the club and the air had become heavily drooped across everyone. The music was loudly playing as people danced and grinded bodies together.

The bartender was walking across but Soohyun stopped him. “Another bottle please”, he asked and the empty bottle was taken away.  


After eating dinner, you headed to your room to get ready. Opening your wardrobe, you stared at the clothes.

Not formal?

You sighed having no clue what to wear, there was only fifteen minutes left until it was time for Kevin to pick you up. You walked over the mirror and put on some simple makeup and let your hair out.

Kevin was already dressed and gave himself a quick look in the mirror before walking over to Eli.

“Eli!” Kevin said smiling as he got closer to Eli.

Eli took a good look a Kevin but stayed silent.

“Eli hyung please let me borrow your car!?” Kevin was smiling even more but then shot Eli some aegyo.

“Um.... okay.. any damage and you’re responsible okay?” Eli gave in quickly after thinking for only a minute.

“Really! Really hyung! You’ll let me borrow your car!?” Kevin was amazing at how quickly Eli had said okay.

“Yes just on the terms that if its damaged, you’re responsible!” Eli said.

“Of course of course! Thankyou hyung! You’re the best!” Kevin said jumping up and down.

Eli blushed a little, taken aback by Kevin’s words.  


Walking back over to your wardrobe, you began to panic. Everything there was either too formal or too casual. The clock was ticking and you only had a measly ten minutes left. Suddenly, you heard the door a knock at the door and your heart beat grew faster. You weren’t even ready yet but he was here already.

Running over to the door, you opened it and there was a very handsome Kevin. He was wearing a plain white button up shirt with dark blue jeans. You could see he was quite casual.

“I don’t know what to wear”, you suddenly blurted out before you even said hello.

He chuckled a little and walked in. “Let me help you decide!” Kevin turned around to look at you.

You were unsure about letting him see your wardrobe but any help was better than none. “Ok fine”, you said after some thinking and led him to your room.

“Seeing as we’re going to be going there tonight...” His eyes gazed over the contents of your wardrobe as you nervously stared at him.

“Wait where are we going exactly?” You asked inching closer to him.

“Surprise!” He said still looking at the hanging up items in your wardrobe.

After skimming across the clothes, he came across one dress. “This one! Wear this!” Kevin happily pulled out a simple tight black dress that reached mid thigh. You never really wore that dress, well really, you’d never worn it before. You were only a little shocked because it seemed a little formal seeing as it was black dress.

Agreeing anyway, Kevin left the room for you to change. You put it on and glanced at yourself in the mirror before walking out. Kevin was nowhere to be seen so you walked to the living room. You found Kevin at the shoe rack in front of your door. Clearing your throat to get his attention, he looked over at you.

“Wow Soo Jung you look amazing!” He said standing up.

You blushed a little at his comment but you returned compliment. “But, what are you doing there?”

“Well, I was looking for shoes for you to wear. Which ones do you want to wear?” Kevin said and stepped to the side of the shoe rack as you came towards it.

“Hmm, I’m not sure..” You said and crouched down to take a look. Kevin suddenly crouched down next to you and pointed to a pair of simple black high heels before looking at you.

“These?” You looked back at him, thinking this was way formal.

He nodded his head cutely and smiled. You gave in to his charm, it was too much. Picking out the pair of heels, you put them on as you held on to Kevin’s shoulder.

The two of you left to the car which looked strangely familiar to you.

“You look beautiful”, Kevin said interrupting your thoughts before opening the car door.

Your face slightly reddened and you smiled a little as you got into the car. Kevin shut the door and walked over to the driver’s seat. The car really did seem familiar but you couldn’t recall anything.

After some time driving, Kevin pulled up near a house. You were utterly confused when he did so.

“We have to park here seeing as there’s no parking up there”, Kevin said as the two of you left the car. You glanced at the road in front of you and it seemed to be a little congested.

After turning the corner, a great big building was ahead of you. As you got closer to it, you could read the neon letters which said ‘Neverland’. Your eyes travelled to the surrounding areas of this building. There were a lot of people, many of whom were couples and groups of guys and girls. Getting even closer, you could hear the blaring music coming from inside. You guessed it, it was a club. It was not the type of date you were expecting. Was it even a date?

“We’re at a club?” You didn’t think you’d be at a club tonight.

“This here, is my hyung’s club! Don’t worry, it’ll be heaps of fun!” Kevin said as he looked on the nervous expression on your face.

You’d never been to a club before so you were quite nervous. From the things you’d heard, clubs were sort of dangerous filled with drunk people. Not somewhere you’d want to go.

Kibum was outside the club, taking a breather from the hot air inside the club. He suddenly noticed a familiar figure coming towards his way.

Kevin and you were walking towards a man with a black shirt on and simple jeans.

“Kibum hyung! It’s been a while!” Kevin said as you saw the man named Kibum.

“Hyung! I see you’ve brought a special lady with you tonight!” Kibum said and looked over at you. You smiled a little and greeted him.

“Well, come on I’ll let you in.” Kibum took the two of you inside in front of the people in the line.

“Have fun you two!” Kibum said and walked back outside.

The moment you walked in, the muggy atmosphere and hot room temperature were a shock to you. It was so cold outside but when you walked in everything changed. You saw people dancing to the beat of the music. Kevin held your hand and walked you through the people towards the bar. The two of you sat down at the stools and Kevin ordered less alcoholic drinks for both of you.

After drinking, Kevin led you over to the dance floor.

“Let’s dance!” Kevin said turning to you and putting his arms around your lower back.

“But I don’t know how to dance!” You had to talk quite loudly for him to hear you.

“Just follow me”, He said and moved to the beat.

You hung your arms around his neck and began to move your hips as he guided you. Your heart was beating fast as you looked up at him.

“See you’re doing fine!” He said and you smiled at him.

After a little while of dancing in the same way, Kevin slowly pulled you in until both of your bodies were touching. His arms tightened around you and he stared down at you intensely. You gradually looked up to meet his eyes. He was so perfect and charming. After immensely staring at each other, Kevin moved his face closer to yours. He was only inches away and you could feel his breath on you. Your foreheads met and you looked down at his lips while he did the same. Kevin quickly moved his lips onto yours and you were taken away. It felt as if everything else was blurred around you. You couldn’t feel anything but his lips against yours. The music was drowned out and there was no one around you, you felt it was just you and him. His lips left yours and suddenly you heard a whistle from someone besides you. You turned your head to see a group of guys and the man who had just whistled. You were pretty embarrassed but then they walked away and all was fine.

Kevin and you danced for a while after. It was getting really hot now and you needed some air.

“Kevin can we go outside for a little? It’s really stuffy”, You said having to raise your voice a little. He nodded back.

Sweat was forming on your forehead as you looked down while Kevin was leading you out through all the people. Kevin’s footsteps had suddenly come to a stop and you nearly bumped into him. You looked up to see why he’d stopped.


 

I am so extremely sorry that I have not updated in a real long time. I haven't had internet at home and whenever I tried updating on my phone, I couldn't seem to copy the text from the document. I still can't and am still looking for an app to do so. Please forgive me guys! I'm really sorry! Even though I've started school again, I'll try my hardest to update. Okay. Hope you haven't forgotten about my fic haha! Have a great day/night and I'll see you soon!