Lies

Some Day

You jumped in your spot after you had turned around.

“SOOHYUN!”

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!? HOW DID YOU EVEN GET IN HERE!” You wiped tears of your face as you looked at him with an extremely shocked expression.

He didn’t respond and the thought of him being a ghost flew through your mind.

He took a step closer to you.

The fact that he wasn’t talking creeped you out a whole lot so you took a small step back.

“Don’t move.” Soohyun softly said.

“What are you doing?” Your heart beat increased. What was he going to do? Kill you?

“Don’t move.” He said it again. His soft voice caused you freeze anyway.

He  put his hand on your shoulder and slowly ran it down your arm to gently pick up your hand. He held it gently. “I saw what you wrote.”

You became shocked. You were done for.

He brought his face closer to yours and left it inches away. You didn’t move as you felt his warm presence and it warmed your heart too. His eyes were at your lips and you lifted your head. You wanted this and you knew it.

The both of you made an effort to bring each other’s lips together.

The sweet kiss from Soohyun was enough to take away the pain.

The two of you broke away after a perfect kiss and embraced each other. You wrapped your arms around him and it felt good to be in his presence again.

“Tell me Sooju-“ He was interrupted by you.

“I love you Soohyun.”

You looked up at him and he brought his lips down to yours again. It was another slow kiss but it was all that was needed for the moment.

“I love you.” Soohyun said after he broke away from the kiss.


“Soojung! How are you feeling!?” A cheery Kevin broke you out of your thoughts.

“Huh? Oh good! I had a lot of rest so I’m good now.” You smiled at him.

“How about something after school?” He suggested.

“Wha- Sorry Kevin! My grandparents are visiting me today!” You lied. You grandparents lived abroad and they probably didn’t even know your mum had left you.

You felt bad for doing this Kevin but you had no idea what to do. The truth was really that you were going to see Soohyun.

Soohyun had invited you out in the afternoon.

“Ah it’s alright! Another time ok?” Kevin said with the smile that never wiped off his face. You loved that about him. He really lifted the mood in the room with his contagious smile.

Sorry Kevin.

You felt as if you were being so horrible to Kevin. This is the reason you didn’t want to give in to Soohyun.


Soohyun had taken you to a cosy restaurant close to the school. You ran the big risk of running into Kevin so you tried to stay as hidden as possible.

“Wow!” You looked at the amazing mouth watering menu. It had almost every Korean cuisine, especially the ones you enjoyed. You ordered the Bulgogi while Soohyun ordered the Kimchi Chigae.

(A.N. Sorry guys I don’t know many Korean foods!)

As your food came out, you literally had your mouth open. After school was the time your stomach couldn’t bear to go empty.

Soohyun smiled to see you receiving your food with a smile on your face. It joyed him just to see you happy.

The afternoon was full of laughs and conversations that you had missed deeply. You felt so blessed to be with Soohyun right now.


Everyday, you felt yourself falling for Soohyun more and more. You couldn’t help it.

A few weeks later, you and Soohyun had been hitting the town after school quite a lot, you could almost say it was interfering with your school work. But it wasn’t like you cared much about school since your mum left anyway.

It felt weird as you had drifted from Kevin. Since last week when you had rejected him and made up some lousy excuse for Soohyun, you realised Kevin didn’t really see you often. After being like this to Kevin, you didn’t expect him to come after you at all but you thought maybe he would come out of his way to ask how you were doing because after all, that’s what Kevin would always do. It was rather strange nowadays. Of course, you felt bad for lying to Kevin but you didn’t want to hurt him. You thought you could never come up and tell him that you liked Soohyun more than him.

“Be my girlfriend.” Soohyun suddenly turned to face you.

You and Soohyun were walking around and had stopped to watch people ice skating on the outdoor ice skating rink. There were guys teaching their girls how to skate, parents teaching their kids and many other people happily skating around.

“Pardon?” You pretended you didn’t hear him. You heard him loud and clear though. Were you ready to be with Soohyun? Hell yeah. Were you ready to tell Kevin? No way.

“You heard me.” Soohyun said smiling at you.

“I really didn’t!” You smiled back at him.

“I said be my girlfriend!” He said squeezing your hand.

“Me?” You pointed at yourself.

“No I was talking to that man over there.” Soohyun sarcastically said and turned his vision to a random man skating around.

You turned to look at the man and laughed. “Ahh right. What did he say? Is he going to be your girlfriend?” You joked around.

He leaned and whispered in your ear. “Pabo, I was talking to you.”

“I know! I’m not dumb!” You exclaimed.

“I know I know! So, what will it be Soojung?” He asked, getting a little more serious.

“Huh? Oh.” You looked around with a smile, appearing to be nervously thinking.

“Alright.” You turned to face him and smiled.

“Really!?” The brightest smile had lit up his face.