Don't Walk Alone

Some Day

"Why are you here all of a sudden? Why did you abandon me!?" You raised your voice, tears had already fallen out of your eyes. 

"Who is that?" Your mum asked in a stern voice. Soohyun cleared his throat and attempted to greet your mum before she cut him off. 

"Who are you bringing home now? Why are you brining home men?!" She stood up as her voice grew louder.

"Why would you care! You abandoned me! You left me here! You didn't even say goodbye!" You tried to speak through the lump in your throat caused by how distort you were. 

"This is my house, get him out." The stern voice never left her.

"I'll get going, will you be ok?" Soohyun whispered and slowly backed away.

"I'll be fine. Thanks Soohyun." You quickly shot back your answer as Soohyun started to leave.

"Don't cry. I'll see you soon." Soohyun left, knowing leaving was the best thing to do in this situation. 


"What am I without you?" 

There were knocks at the door. He didn't reply but instead grabbed his shoes and put them on. He stormed out the door, quickly brushing shoulders with the one who was knocking. 

He left to go outside. The moon in the night sky glistened as the cars drove past shone their bright lights. He tucked his hands in his pockets and made slow steps alongside the road. His thoughts screaming loudly from another universe. The wind was cold although he didn't feel it. Cars began to repeatedly beep their horns as his steps didn't give in. The noises were blurred out. 


You woke up the next morning to the sound of a fry pan sizzling some sort of food of which the aroma was sent upstairs.(A.N. Yes I realised Soohyun's date was on a Saturday and today should be sunday but let's pretend its a school day! Or Monday! Whatever you prefer!) You streched your arms and walked to the kitchen to see your mum making breakfast. Of course you didn't forgive her. She tried to explain herself last night but she definitely didn't get through to you. Instead, you felt like her mum and that she was the child, begging for forgiveness. You felt sick thinking about it, how she could do something like this to you. You regretted trusting her. You turned to go back into your room sincce she didn't notice youand changed into your school uniform. As you came back out, your mum noticed you walk to the door.

"Soojung, have some breakfast." She attempted to cure everything she'd done by making breakfast.

"I'm not hungry." You slipped on your school shoes and slumped on your backpack before leaving the house.


"So what's this thing with Kevin? Where is he?" A classmate asked the other as they walked into class together. You sat at your desk but subtly listened in to their conversation.

"He's in hospital! You haven't heard!?" 

Your body froze and the pen you were holding dropped to the ground. 

"Hospital? Why! What happened?" The friend replied back to the other.

No...

"He was hit by a car yesterday..."

Shivers ran up and down your body and tears started building up in your eyes. No.. Kevin.. It can't be.. It's not true right?

Soohyun glanced over at you after hearing what the other classmated had been talking about. You stood up and ran to the bathroom. Soohyun stood up and ran after you as the classroom watched.

"You're so gullable! If he got hit by a car I think they'd cancel school!" A smile grew on the friends face as he began to clear things up to his friend.


You didn't want to care but something inside of you totally took that thought away. Tears were streaming down your face as your hands shook whilst you reached for toilet paper to wipe your eyes. 

Soohyun couldn't come in and the only thing he could do was wait outside. The news struck him but in a different way. He was scared. Not for Kevin, but for you. 

You didn't want to come out but you knew you had to because the teachers would probably come in and try to console you. You washed your face even though tears kept escaping your eyes. You wanted to see Kevin, you had to see Kevin.

As you exited the bathroom, Soohyun stood there against the wall, his eyes closed as he tried to process everything. His eyes flicked open at the sound of your footsteps coming out of the bathroom.

"Soojung..are you okay?" He quietly asked.

"I need to go.. I need to see him." 


"Are you sure? I mean.. Soojung probably won't like it." He settled his bags down at the entrance. 

"I know she won't, but she'll just have to get used to it." 


Eli walked out of the room. "He'll be fine. Lets go and his stuff for him." 

Hoon and Eli proceeded to walk out of the hospital room, headed for their house to collect a few items for Kevin. Only moments later, they were faced with a teary eyed you and Soohyun who had run into the hospital. Both almost out of breath, a glimse of relief and nervousmess hit the two of you as you saw Eli and Hoon. 

"He's in there." Eli said in a low voice. 

"Is... he ok..?" Your eyes displayed the sparkle of horror reflected from the pain in your heart. 

"He's fine. Go and see him." Eli patted your back lightly as you and Soohyun slowly made steps towards his room.

You entered the room where Kevin layed, his face pale, his body still, his wrist hooked up to the IV drip. 

As you staggered your way to Kevin, Soohyun held your hand. You let go and walked to Kevin.