Ten Seconds

Some Day

The next few days after your confession were tough. It’s not like Kevin really paid attention to you anyway but he still didn’t seem to notice you even when you sat with UKISS at lunch.

The sun was shining although the cold temperatures were still hanging around. You sat on the benches outside with Soohyun clutching your books and staring into nowhere. Your phone suddenly vibrated and you pulled it out to see a text had reached you. It was from your mum.

Soo Jung, I’m sorry but I have to leave out of town for the night, something urgent has come along.   Please stay with a friend tonight? Just one night? If you ABSOLUTELY can’t, tell me and I’ll try to sort something out. Sorry Soojung, I love you.

You thought about staying at UKISS’ dorm for the night but then the thought arose in your mind of how your mum would probably not allow you to go over to a boy’s house for the night. Too bad after you read the text, Soohyun managed to read it too while you were staring into the distance.

Soohyun let out a little laugh. “Seems like there’s only one place to stay for you.”

“What?” you dazed out of your thoughts and looked at him.

“Guess like you’ll be sleeping at the dorm today.” Soohyun was smiling to himself as the looked away from you.

“Eh? No I can’t my mum would totally not let me!” you were definitely worried although it seemed like a suitable place to sleep for the night.

“Where else will you sleep then? Just tell your mum you’re at another friends place.. a girl of course.” Soohyun made a good point and you woke up to the reality.

You thought about it for a little while and maybe a little white lie to your mum wouldn’t hurt....

Just say it was your last resort or something.

You smiled to yourself. It sounded like a pretty good deal. “Okay Soohyun, I’ll stay for the night.” you looked at him.

“Ahh really!? That’s great!” Soohyun’s face lit up and he looked pretty excited.


You had been at the UKISS dorm for a few hours now and avoiding Kevin was easier than you thought.  Soohyun and you sat down to do homework in the study. The study was small with a simple desk in the middle, a few chairs surrounding it and a window that let in an ample amount of light supplemented by the other lamps.

Everything changed when Kevin walked in.

“Ahh Soohyun hyung, Soo Jung!” Kevin, who you had just confessed to, acted as if nothing had ever happened.

“What are you studying?” He looked over at Soohyun’s book.

“Maths”, Soohyun said looking a little awkward.

It sort of scared you that Soohyun looked awkward. You wondered if Kevin had told Soohyun but you hoped he didn’t.

“Soo Jung how are you?” Kevin calmly asked, smiling.

“Ya ya Kevin stop flirting and get out of here”, Soohyun got up and pushed Kevin out the door.

“Bye!!! Have fun studying!” Kevin said before Soohyun closed the door.

Soohyun returned back to his chair. “Ah he’s so weird.”

You let out a little laugh. It was a relief to see Kevin still seemed in happy spirits around you even though you’d confessed to him.

 

Night time fell and it was time for sleep. After seeing Soohyun’s room, you saw the double bed and it scared you a little.

No no, he wouldn’t do anything. We haven’t been together for too long anyway. Why am I even thinking like this?

You went to the bathroom in Soohyun’s room and removed your school clothes after Soohyun told you to have a shower. You tied up your hair in a bun because washing it would be a bother today.

 It was just great to realise you hadn’t brought any clothes with you to the dorm, let alone into the bathroom. Soohyun was still in the room, browsing websites on the computer.

“Soohyun”, you lightly said and you peeked from behind the door. You had put your shirt back on but weren’t bothered to put your whole uniform back on. Soohyun turned around to see only your head.

“What is it?” he was staring at you, making you feel a little nervous.

“I have no clothes”, you looking back at him.

“What?” Soohyun turned a shade of red which embarrassed all the embarrassment out of you.

“I meant, I didn’t bring any clothes with me to the dorm to change in.” You corrected yourself and Soohyun got the message.

“Oh, let me grab some of my clothes for you.. wait there.” Soohyun got up from his chair and walked to his wardrobe. He took out one of his white shirts and a black pair of shorts but he didn’t forget to grab a towel as well.  Soohyun walked to over in the direction of the bathroom but stayed a metre away from the entrance.

“Soojung, here”, he called you then reached out his arm and held out the clothes. You grabbed the clothes from his hand, the rest of your body remained behind the door. Soohyun walked back to his seat and took a few breaths before returning to his web browsing.

You looked at the clothes he gave you. The white shirt stood out as you looked into the mirror red faced.

WHITE IS SEE THROUGH!! NOW WHAT! You’re not even supposed to wear a bra to bed so now what! Why white Soohyun!?

You panicked before taking of your shirt again and stepping into the shower. The warm water ran down and you let your thoughts run wild. Around ten minutes later, you finished up and wiped yourself down. Now came the decision to wear the bra or not.

If I wear a bra it’s going to be uncomfortable.. but if I don’t he’s going to see.... Eurgh I’ll just have to wear it then. Damn, why white of all colours.

After dressing up, you stepped out to see Soohyun on the computer.

“I’ve finished” you said quietly holding the towel and your school clothes.

Soohyun turned around to take a look at you. The oversized shorts reached your knees and the white shirt was also a little too big. Soohyun, luckily, didn’t see anything and he stood up grabbing his clothes and towel ready for the shower.

“Ah good, feel free to use the computer then”, Soohyun said and walked past you and into the bathroom.

After putting your clothes away in your bag and hanging up the towel, you sat down at the computer. You logged into facebook and checked a few things before looking at the latest celebrity news. The computer suddenly froze for a second and you reckoned it was because of too many processes running. You opened up the ‘my files’ window that was already up. A folder named school work caught your attention because thumbnail seemed like the contents of this folder was not ‘school work’. The thumbnail wasn’t too large, so you couldn’t quite figure out what this picture was. Being your curious self, you opened the folder and to your surprise were pictures of girls with the biggest s you’d seen in a while. Of course, everyone accidently sees those random pictures that pop up on the internet of those girls with big s, but it’d been a while since that happened to you. The video thumbnail was definitely , you knew it. You quickly closed the window, a little scarred at what you just saw.

Soohyun walked out of the bathroom and just luckily the internet was still open on naver.

“Are you tired? It’s 10 now, if you want to sleep go ahead.” Soohyun said nicely. You were still a little struck at what you had seen on Soohyun’s computer but you were pretty tired anyway.

“Is it okay if I sleep now?” you asked.

“Of course!” Soohyun said walking over to his phone. Suddenly, it started ringing and Soohyun quickly answered.

“Eomma! What’s the matter? Ok good just...  I’ll be right there just stay calm okay!?” Soohyun quickly pressed the end call button.

“Soo Jung! A robber broke into my mum’s house and ran away with some things! Just go to sleep and I should be back soon! Sorry Soo Jung!” Soohyun put on a jacket, grabbed a pair of jeans, his shoes and his cell phone and ran out the door.

“It’s okay Soohyun! Hope your mum is okay!” you shouted to Soohyun as he left. You shut the door and sat down on the right side of the bed. You pulled out your phone to check if anyone had tried to contact you but depressingly, no one.

You lifted your legs up into the bed under the quilt after turning the lamp off. The bed was soft and comfy and pillow was light and fluffy. Before you knew it, you were sound asleep. 

What you thought was a few hours later, you heard the bedroom door open. You assumed it was just Soohyun returning so you just closed your eyes again. He then got into the bed as well, so you were pretty sure it was Soohyun.

You tried to fall asleep again but it wasn’t working. You breathed deeply before opening your eyes. Even though the computer was left on, the light from the screen only lit up your side of the bed and left the rest of the room quite dark.

You looked down at your arm and your eyes followed down to your hand but then you noticed something. This something was black, around two inches and then you saw it move. It was your biggest fear, a cockroach. You hated absolutely everything about cockroaches. Their legs, the noises they made when they walked and their appearance overall. You hated it so much.

To your horror, you screamed at the top of your lungs. Still being under the blanket, you quickly sat up and threw the blanket off the bed. The cockroach crawled back to the side of the bed and your only option was to get of the bed on the left side. You tried but ended up in a straddled position, still on the bed. A hand reached for the light switch on the left side bedside table. Before the light flicked on, you realised there was someone under you.

Before you could react the light had and you looked down at the person under your straddled position.

You nearly fainted when you saw Kevin under you and to make matters even more extreme, he had no shirt on. He saw you, straddled on him and you quickly stood up from your position and jumped of the bed. Not in your life, had you experienced something as awkward as that.

All of that happened within the short span on ten seconds.

You had ended up sitting on the floor.

“WHY ARE YOU IN MY ROOM!?” Kevin looked at you as he sat up in surprise.

“What? This is Soohyun’s room..” You looked up at him innocently.

Most of the rooms in the dorm looked the same and Kevin had just happened to walk into the wrong room.

“What”, Kevin looked around the room and noticed a few differences.

“Oh... Sorry it was dark and I couldn’t see”, Kevin’s voice lowered dramatically.

“Why did you scream and pull of the blankets?” Kevin got off the bed and looked behind him, noticing the cockroach.

“AHHH”, Kevin took a few steps back.

“I screamed because the cockroach was near my hand, sorry”, you stood up.

“Don’t worry, I hate cockroaches too.” Kevin said, the both of you were standing next to each other.

 


Hehe hope this was was better than the last chapter! I'll try and update soon! Thanks to all who have subscribed, commented and read! It really means a lot to me since this is my first fic! Obviously this fic isn't too good but I'll hope to learn from it and write a better one next time! Thankyou everyone! Please wait for my next update which will hopefully be soon! For now I'm going to learn a dance. I love you all~

large.jpg