First Encounter

Some Day

 

You sat comfortably on the leather lounge in your living room. Home alone after a long day at school, you stretched out your legs and shuffled the laptop on your lap. The question raced your mind, 'Should I talk to him over facebook?' because Kevin Woo was online.

"Hmmm, what should I do? What do I say?" you said quietly as the rain fell softly outside.

You'd been thinking over it for nearly half an hour now, but you were still quite puzzled. "Come on Soo Jung, it's been a year.. just say hello at least."

Your fingers gently tapped the keyboard, as you tried to start the conversation. After a minute, he replied but it wasn't what you were expecting. Your crush for a year didn't even know who you were.

The conversation unfolded but a few minutes later, Kevin excused himself saying he had to eat dinner.

The conversation:

You: Hi!

Kevin: Hi, do I know you??

You: Haha I go to your school ;)

Kevin: Oh okay, I'm not sure if I've seen you around. Sorry!

You: Ahh yeah, so how are you?

Kevin: I'm good thanks! Yourself?

You: I'm good too, the rain is starting to get heavier isn't it?

Kevin: Mmn yeah thats true. I like the rain, it's quite...

You: Romantic? Hahah I love rain

Kevin: It is quite romantic haha! I have to eat dinner now! Sorry I'll see you around!

You: Ohk! Bye!

 

Your heart was pretty much beating out of your chest. Happiness overwhelmed you aswell as a bit of confusion. You'd finally started talking to Kevin but how could he not know you?


It was a chilly Wednesday at school and lunch had just begun. Your friends Min Ha, Hae Ji and Eun Mi sat down at the cafeteria tables along with you. You searched around for Kevin, thinking it'd be awkward if you saw him after your little conversation yesterday. Eun Mi started gossiping about a CN Blue.

"Oh my gosh Yonghwa is so hot, I'm melting, look at this selca!", Eun Mi flashed everyone her phone as she shoved some rice in .

"Soo Jung ah! He's so hot right!? Tell Hae Ji to open her eyes wider or buy some glasses." Eun Mi exclaimed.

"Of course, haha you can never go wrong with Yonghwa! Get back to your senses Hae Ji!", You said giggling a little as someone tapped your shoulder. Turning around, you unexpecidtly swallowed the large amount of food in your mouth as your eyes widened. Your food caused your face to turn a little red and you sat there looking up at the person nervously.

"Hey, how are you? Want a drink?" He said with a smile on his face.

You guessed it, it was Kevin Woo. You couldn't even think, this was definitely too much for now. You would have fainted if you were standing up, your heart was beating fast enough now to push you to the ground.

"Ah, Hi! Sure!", your mouth shook as you pushed out the words successfully. A smile formed on your face as you stood up. Min Ha, Eun Mi and Hae Ji just stared at you being taken away by the boy.

"Who on earth is that!?" Min Ha exclaimed, looking a little shocked.

"It's Kevin Woo! You don't know him! There are so many girls that go crazy over him, you should see." Hae Ji replied. They turned around to see you and Kevin.


The two of you walked together, talking about school and classes as you walked over to the vending machine. You pulled out your wallet but Kevin had swiftly placed his hand on yours. Your face flushed red and you felt your heart go crazy. His hand was so smooth and soft.

"I'll pay don't worry!", Kevin said with a glisten in his eyes as his hand slowly left yours.

"Ah okay then", you smiled back at him.

After purchasing the drinks courtesy of Kevin, he sat down with you at a table. You had no idea at what to talk about next because of all the thoughts running through your head about him.

"Ever since I was a kid, this was always my favourite drink", you said out of nowhere.

"Really? That's so cute!", Kevin flashed his eye smile at you the second you decided to look up at him.

Ok breathe, Soo Jung.. don't start smiling.

After a few minutes of talking about random things, the two of you seemed to get along quite well. It was quite a miracle you'd say, even for him to say hi.

"Ah, there was also a reason I wanted to talk to you today", Kevin looked at his drink and circled his finger around the edge.

"Oh okay, what is it?", you said, anxious to know what he would say next.

Omo what is he going to say? Does he like me!? What is it? Ok ok Soo Jung just listen.

"One of my friends named Soohyun wanted me to tell you something", he said looking up at you. His face wasn't too serious, but he wasn't overly happy.

Shin Soohyun! Ahh I wonder what he would want to say to me....?

“Ohh is that so? What is it?” you answered extremely curious.

Kevin looked a little hesitant to tell you. “He, he likes you”.

“Eh?” You froze, unable to think. So Kevin only brought me here so he could tell me this... I see.

“He really wanted to let you know – “, Kevin got cut off by you. “Is this why you brought me here?”

“Uh – “, Kevin got cut off again by you. “You could have just told me, you didn’t need to buy me a drink and sit down”, you replied, exploding the thoughts within you.

Did I say too much?

“It’s not that, I wanted to get to know Soohyun’s girlfriend a little better. “, Kevin stood up and held out his hand. “It was nice to meet you! I guess I’ll be seeing you quite soon”, he shook his hand out a little more for you to get the message.

You returned the hand shake but didn’t let go. “Since when has he become my boyfriend? I don’t even know him. Tell him to go away. Also, nice to meet you too.”  You didn’t know if you were being sarcastic or for real when said, ‘Nice to meet you’. You let of his hand and walked towards the bathrooms as you heard the bell ring.

Entering the bathrooms, you went into one of the cubicles and sat on the toilet seat.

Ok, Soohyun likes me!? Can’t believe all of what has just happened. What happened. Am I dreaming!? Wake up.

It was in fact real life. You knew all the UKISS members were amazingly good looking and Soohyun was a great singer but the person you wanted to be with was Kevin.  You really couldn’t believe what was happening, or what to do next. Soohyun wasn’t that well known to you so how could you even be his girlfriend!


Kevin entered the house at where UKISS had started living a five years ago. Those five years ago, some of the members had family issues, some needed change, some wanted to be closer to school and Kevin and Eli had moved from America and needed somewhere to stay. The school had organised for them to live in a house quite close to school and from here, they developed great ties, got along extremely well and always stuck together. The school's principal was quite suprised at how they had got along so well.The boys decided to call themselves UKISS and have been living together ever since.

"Hyung!", Kevin walked up to Soohyun with a smile across his face.

"Oh Kevin! Did you tell her? Did you tell her! What happened!? Tell me!", Soohyun turned around from the fridge with an overly excited expression despite his knowledge of what happened.

"I told her!"

"What did she say?"

"She said she wanted you to go away because she hardly knows you", Kevin saw Soohyun's facial expression calm down. "Ya Hyung, don't look like that. Maybe you should just get to know her. Ah! I talked to her, she seems really nice. You should give it a go. Go on a date with her Hyung!!", Kevin suggested as he took a peek into the fridge.

"Date? Hyung that's great! I should've done that ages ago!", Soohyun said and quickly slapped Kevin's hand away from the last bottle '2% peach water' that Soohyun wanted.

"Sorry Kevin I'm drinking that. Well thanks for the idea.. I'll see how I go!", Soohyun took the drink and waved at Kevin.