Ignore Him

Some Day

Kevin's words were so harsh, but you couldn't seem to get them out of your mind. Why would he even say that? You never expected him to be like that and it surprised you so much. You doubted your trust in him and if it was ever worth it. Did he ever even care about you? 


"Kevin look!" Eli attempted to show Kevin the new monster like creature he created with the plastic pieces of the set which he bought earlier that day. Kevin didn't even bother looking up at Eli, his eyes were glued to his phone, only to know he was aimlessley scrolling through his twitter list, blankly ignoring the words on the screen. Eli had been trying so hard to talk to Kevin in the past hour but Kevin wouldn't budge. Ever since Eli confessed to Kevin, he thought Kevin would feel obliged to talk it through with him except it ended up the other way around. Eli was trying now, but his attempts weren't working. He wanted to talk to Kevin but he wouldn't listen and now he just felt like giving up. Little did we all know that Kevin was feeling otherwise to his previous words.


Soohyun invited you out on a date on Saturday night and you happily accepted. You felt so happy that you had Soohyun and yet so ignorant towards Kevin. You just wanted to forget him even though his words were almost permantely engraved into your brain. 

"Let's go to Daehan cinema Soojung!" Soohyun texted you shortly later.

"Sure! I'll meet you there! :)" You texted back. 

It came to around 3pm and you decided to start getting ready. You straightened your hair and didn't bother with any hair accessories this time. You slipped on a nice dress and a small pair of heels. After putting on some makeup, you looked in the mirror and were pleased with your appearance. 


Soohyun was already there when you arrived, dressed in a blue plaid shirt with black pants. "Soojung, we won't get to go out this often soon." The final year of high school was approaching and was set to be the hardest. You were worried for the year coming up, your studies and grades wern't as good and strong as they used to be. Your aim was for a decent mark in your final exams, one that would allow you to go to university. Your determination allowed you to cut your distractions, your biggest one being Soohyun. 

"I know." You replied gloomly and held Soohyun's hand, giving it a light squeeze. It was sad but you had to be serious now.

"Don't worry. Just enjoy now and worry about it when the time comes." Soohyun was always so good at reassuring and he gave you so much strength. He smiled at you and pulled out two movie tickets that he had already purchased for the two of you. It was for the rom com that you had wanted to see for so long now!

A smile lit up your face. "WOW SOOHYUN! I've really wanted to see this movie!" 

Soohyun smiled back at you, glad to see you were excited about the movie. The two of you headed into the cinema after grabbing some popcorn and drinks. 

You laughed throughout the movie as well as having made "aww" sounds whenever something cheesy happened.The two of you set out to dinner at the rooftop restaurant which was directly ontop. The whole area was a pretty garden filled with lights and romantic chairs and tables. Soohyun and you enjoyed pasta together and chatted as the warm air cirulated around everyone.


It was that time of the night, where you knew you would have to part with Soohyun until you saw him again. You didn't want to leave him at all, you didn't want to be without him. Soohyun held your hand as the two of you walked along the water. There were many other people around as it was a Saturday night. The moon brightened up the sky and so did the lights which decorated the area, it was an amazing sight to see, especially with Soohyun. A sudden thought of Kevin popped into your mind. You had been having such a great time and you didn't want to be interrupted by the guy who was being a total brat towards you. 

"Soohyun..." You hesitated to express your thoughts. But you didn't care because after all Kevin was the one who acted like this. 

"Yes?" Soohyun replied and looked at you.

"...Kevin really hates me." Your steps grew slower and the tone in your voice was much quieter. Was that even the right thing to say though? Would Soohyun even care?

"Why? Because we're together?" His voice also became quitier. He didn't want to see you worried but he didn't want to talk about Kevin. 

"Hmm yeah..it seem's like that." You sarcastically smiled at the ground. 

"Ignore him. It's fine, you have me. I'm here now." Soohyun bluntly replied but he knew what he was saying. 

You expected Soohyun to say more than that but you realised that ignoring Kevin would be the most you could right now. As much as you wanted to get back at Kevin for being like that, you figured it may not have a positive outcome.

"Soojung, will you be okay for final year? Living alone?" Soohyun asked, he was worried about you of course.

"Of course I'll be fine!" He interrupted your train of thought, for the better though. "I think it will be better for me to be alone for final year. I'll be able to study alone without interruptions and worries. I'll be fine." 

"You know, if you ever need something, I'm always here, don't ever hesitate to ask." Soohyun was so kind to offer.

"Thankyou Soohyun, you're so kind, I really appreciate it. Same goes for you! I'm always here for you." You smiled at him and then playfull punched his arm. 

He grabbed your arm as you punched him and pulled you in for a hug. A smile was brought to your face once again as you embraced each other. 


Soohyun had brought you back to your house in the car he had borrowed which was really Eli's. He walked you to the front door. 

"Do you want to have some tea?" You asked him politely. Even though it was pretty late you hoped he didn't mind. 

"Sure." He smiled at you. 

You pushed the key into the keyhole only to notice the light shining from inside. One of the lights appeared to be on. You were almost sure you turned off all the lights before you left so this seemed very unusal. You hesitated turning the key to open the lock and turned to Soohyun.

"Soohyun... I think there's someone inside..."

 

 

 

 

 


....


"Inside? Did you hear someone?" Soohyun asked, concerned.

"The light is on... I'm sure I turned it off when I left." Your hands were shaking at this moment and you were terribly scared.

Soohyun pressed his ear against the door to see if he could hear anyone. "I can't hear anyone... Soojung, pass me your phone." 

Soohyun scanned the ground and found a heavy stick and picked it up to use as a weapon. You did as Soohyun ordered and handed him your phone. He pulled up the number pad and dialed 119 but didn't press call. "Soojung if someone bad is in here just press call okay?"

"Oka..ay.." You said in a shaky voice. 

Soohyun turned the key slowly, holding the stick with his other hand. He slowly turned the handle but forcefully pushed open the door, ready to fight whatever was to come at him.

They were both surprised to see a woman sitting at the couch and she was just as surprised as they were. Soohyun turned back to look at you. Your eyes were filling up with tears that threatened to fall. 

"Eomma..."