Get Lost

Some Day

"Kevin..."

His still body didn't move and his mouth sent no reply. 

Soohyun stayed far back, watching you approach the one who layed lifeless in the uncomfortable hospital bed. 

"Kevin... wake up... Kevin..." Tears were falling out of your eyes all of a sudden, you just couldn't bare to hold it in anymore. You didn't care who was watching, it just hurt so much to see him like this. 

Soohyun began to take slow steps towards you. You slipped your hand into Kevin's and entangled your fingers through his. Soohyun slowly managed to pull your hand away from Kevin's and instead, took it in his own hand. 

You tried to shrug him off lightly but he didn't budge. "Let go." You quickly yanked your hand away from his, annoyed at his actions. You shot your annoyed face at him and his facial expression hardened. 

"Why are you holding his hand, you're supposed to be holding mine, you're with me now." Soohyun's voice became unexpectedly slow and soft, including a constant breakage every now and then. 

"Kevin's hurt... don't you understand?" Your rage was building up, how could Soohyun not see the state Kevin was in right now?

"I know Kevin's hurt. That doesn't mean you need to come in here and hold his hand." Soohyun's voice wasn't any harsher than before, it stayed in the same tone, slow and soft. 

"I care about him. Don't you have any compassion?" You felt Soohyun's ignorance seep around the room, igniting every fire inside of you.

"I do, but do you see me holding his hand?" Soohyun seemed to not show any understanding about how you felt.

"You don't even care about him. Get lost." 

"Seems like you care about him more than me." 

Soohyun's footstep were heard leaving the room. Your shands were trembling with nervousness and you felt the anger fuel your emotion fueled head. 

You found Kevin's hand again. "Don't worry, I'm here for you."


The night was settling in but you felt like you couldn't leave Kevin's side. It just felt impossible, you felt like you couldn't leave him here alone. 

Even though your mum was back home, she probably didn't care about your wearabouts. Your phone was no where in your sight anyway although that didn't bother you. Your body was slumped against the bed as you sat on the floor just because there were no seats in sight. You didn't mind though, it was for Kevin. 

There was no word to when Kevin would wake up, the nurses simply said it would be soon whenever you tried to ask.

"I'm here Kevin. Always. I won't leave you alone." What kind of words were spewing out of your mouth. They didn't even come out of your mouth, they erupted from your heart, your love sick heart that was longing for him, ever since the beginning.


12 months later

"Stay there Kevin! I'm coming!" You quickly put the hot porridge onto the tray and grabbed a few utensils before speed walking up to Kevin's room, trying your best to balance everything on the tray. 

"Thankyou Soojung, you're such a sweetie." Kevin ruffled your hair as you sat on the bed he was in. 

"Eat this and be healthy for me." You flashed a cute smile at him. 

"I'll be fine! I'll eat well!" He said smiling back at you before beginning to eat the porridge you made for him. 

You couldn't help look at him with the hurt in your heart that wanted to trigger a million tears. You couldn't bare to see him like this, you just wished he was healthy and wasn't hurting too. The both of you pretended to be so happy even though you both knew it wasn't okay. 

Flashback

"Yes, he can live normally but there will be times where he may fall into random periods of sleep. The body gets extremely tired all of a sudden and that's what we saw with Kevin last week. It will be similar to passing out, he may find."

"What do we do when he falls asleep like this!?"

"The best thing to do is to lay him down, and let him sleep until he wakes up again. We will have to check up on him later to see how long he sleeps for. When we know this we can determine what else will happen. I must say though, if Kevin continually falls asleep and this becomes more frequent, there is a high chance he could fall into a coma. That will be the sign that the medicine is not working."

Your eyes filled up with tears after you heard everything. You stood outside the doctors office in the medical centre where Kevin and his mum sat inside, confronted by the doctor who delievered such news. Tears began to fell out, you couldn't control it anymore. You cupped your hand over your mouth to stop the whimpering from your cries but it didn't work.You glanced inside the room and it took one look to know how Kevin felt when you saw him wipe away tears from his eyes. Your legs gave in and you crouched to the ground, the floor being your only saviour now.