Just Like Last Time

Some Day

“I was pretty scared Soo Jung..” Soohyun suddenly broke out of the happiness and grew serious. You gave him a blank stare and he continued. “When I found you unconscious with blood coming from your head..” His words shocked you a little but you pieced it together. “Ahh..sorry Soohyun.. and thankyou, thankyou for finding me and helping...” You were about to go on but he cut you off. “Come back to me... come back to me Soo Jung.. please...”

“Aha..” You let out a small laugh and awkwardly scratched the back of your head before looking into his eyes.

It was those eyes.

Soohyun didn’t matter anymore, right? You had Kevin now and that’s all that you wanted anyway..

You knew what those eyes were capable of.

Breaking eye contact, you disregarded the thoughts about Soohyun.

Soohyun let out a fake laugh and looked away. “It’s ok..” He said.

“Soohyun..”

He didn’t look up.

“I think we should just be friends.”

It was a strange when you said that. It felt as if it wasn’t right, although you knew you were saying the right words.

Soohyun already felt his eyes threatening to drop tears. He slowly stood up, head bowed to the ground and he slowly, just like that, walked his way out of the room.

“Sorry..”  you said quietly, even though he wouldn't hear. 


Before being discharged from hospital, you changed into the clothes Soohyun had bought.

He’d picked some everyday clothes but you felt awkward as you found the undergarments, but that didn’t really matter right now.

For the past few hours the only thing that occupied your mind was Soohyun. You didn’t know if you spoke your mind or heart but it was all starting to frustrate you.


“Eli, Eli I’m really sorry!” Kevin confusedly said.

“You don’t understand! I like you Kevin!” Eli stopped sobbing and looked into Kevin’s eyes.

Kevin cleared his throat, he was no longer confused. Eli’s sudden confession had put everything into sense. Kevin saw everything Eli had done with him in a different way now. All the hugs and conversations they had together, it was all put into a different perspective.

“I.. I can’t Eli..”


It was great to finally be at home for a bit. It was a bit of time to gather your thoughts. Kevin didn’t turn up at the hospital so you just left him a message instead. 

Soohyun was back on the late train home. Not a person was found in the carriage, just like last time.                                                                                     For him, it felt like a stab in the heart again, just like what he felt last time.                                                                                                                       And this time, he let his emotions flood out, like last time.


But what was this feeling? Did you actually miss Soohyun?

“That’s insane.” You shook off all the surrounding thoughts.

I want you.

What, was the devil whispering in your ear now but with Soohyun’s voice? You felt like you were going insane. No, you had probably gone insane.

You imagined Soohyun’s glorious face again and all the things he had done for you. Every moment you shared with him all of a sudden came back to haunt you. You didn’t want to cry again but you wished there was someone there to talk to you. You wished your mum was still here with you. Tears crept out of your eyes but it suddenly turned into a waterfall. Remembering a piece of information from a magazine you’d read, you picked up a piece of paper. They said to write down all your feelings and then chuck the paper out.

You wrote accordingly:

I like Kevin. I love Kevin. I really love Kevin. I want Kevin. I need Kevin.

I love Soohyun. I need Soohyun.

As you wrote the second line, you knew who your heart was fated to. You crossed out the first line and looked at the second in satisfaction. A sad smile grew on your face. You couldn’t do this to Kevin and you knew you wouldn’t. Even if Soohyun was the one.

I need you.

Ugh, all these hallucinations or whatever they were, were making your heart troubled. You scrunched the paper and proceeded to throwing it in the bin.

You jumped in your spot after you had turned around.

“SOOHYUN!”


 

 

Sorry this is such a short update! I am working on the next chapter! Should be up soon.

Thanks for reading everyone :)