Cold

Some Day

After being awoken from the sun which peeked through your curtains, you happily rolled around in your covers with a smile on your face. It was so hard to contain your happiness at this point. After Soohyun had made you his girlfriend, you felt so relieved, as if the world had been lifted off your shoulders. You giggled a little as your eyes formed crescents. Although you were carefree right now, there was still something waiting to be done. Kevin had to be told and it was going to happen sooner or later. You never expected to feel this way with Soohyun but for some reason this is how it ended up.

It was lunch time at school and you had been constantly smiling to yourself throughout the day. You didn’t really speak to Soohyun today although you saw Kevin a few times. You thought to yourself, is this the time to tell Kevin? How do I tell him though..?

You stood in line, waiting for your food to be served to you by the canteen ladies. Your thoughts drifted off as you stared towards the ceiling until all of a sudden, a smiling Soohyun came next to you and held your hand. You felt awkward at first, especially as you were receiving stares from students around you. He whispered in your ear, “Don’t worry”. You briefly smiled back at him as his words helped you build up confidence. If there was someone who could make you feel like this, that person would definitely be the one. You gave Soohyun’s hand a light squeeze and breathed in before exhaling and smiled at him. This would be fine, you reassured yourself. You returned to face the front after smiling at Soohyun, only to be faced with the one you feared the most in this moment.

It was him, Kevin. He stood there, just as shocked as you were. He glanced down and saw your hands connected and Soohyun tightened his grip, knowing you would want to let go. You didn’t know how to react. Kevin glanced back up at you and made eye contact as he smirked and then proceeded to walk off. Your breathing became heavy and you didn’t feel like holding hands with Soohyun at this point. You tried to let go but Soohyun kept holding on. “I am here for you, so, stop worrying.”


The sun was shining and the weather was warm. The chatter of students was loudly heard throughout the school as the end of another day reached. You slowly made your way out of the hallway when you noticed Kevin walking towards you. You stopped in your tracks. “Kevin! Do you want to go get something to drink?” You had no idea where that came from, it was the impulse of the moment which triggered your urges to explain to Kevin. A feeling of guilt had been present ever since Soohyun made you his girlfriend. “No need.” Kevin bluntly replied. You breathed out, how could he be like this?

“Kevin I need to talk to you, hear me out.”

“Why should I bother.”

You reached for his arm and grabbed a firm hold of it. “Kevin please.”

He yanked his arm away. “Don’t touch me. You have a new man to touch now.”

That was too far you believed. Why did he have to be so rude all of a sudden?

“That’s right. I like Soohyun.” You said it loud enough for him to hear. He didn’t want to have a thorough talk with you so you decided to say it as it was.

He stopped in his tracks and looked over his shoulder before smirking at you. He walked off down the hallway and you watched him as he did.

It stayed in your thoughts for a while. You figured Kevin was really hurt and that’s why he was acting like this. You thought you should have given him more time, and then told him. You blamed yourself for acting the way you did.

There was one thing that stuck in the back of your mind though. The fact that you might have confessed to yourself for the first time about loving Soohyun when you let it out to Kevin. 

 


Gaaah this was so short! Sorry! Just wanted to update!