Coffee Break

Some Day

Soohyun woke up the next morning and his hand automatically shot to his jaw. His head begun to spin as he sat up and he tried to recall what might’ve happened last night.

“That’s right.. Last night...I drank a lot..”, Soohyun muttered to himself, looking around in his room.

 After finding the strength to shuffle out of bed and walk downstairs, he noticed Kevin sitting at the table alone, eating breakfast whilst on his phone.

“Morning”, Soohyun lazily walked past Kevin and to the cupboard in the kitchen before pulling out the cereal box. While walking over to the bench, he became suprised when he didn’t hear Kevin reply.

“Kevinnn, whats up!”, the elder tried to get Kevin’s attention.

Kevin didn’t even look up, his eyes still glued to his phone as he slowly took the last spoonful of his cereal.

“Kevin what are you doing?” Soohyun was still trying but Kevin still didn’t seem to look up.

“Kevin why won’t you answer me?” Soohyun suddenly put down the cereal box as he grew fed up with Kevin being unresponsive. He began to walk over to Kevin. As he reached him, Kevin quickly stood up and placed his phone in his pocket. After picking up his bowl, he walked past Soohyun, brushing shoulders with him on the way to the sink with a stern expression on his face.

Soohyun blinked his eyes a few times. He’d noticed a bruise on Kevin’s face when he had walked past. Being concerned, Soohyun asked, “Kevin, what happened to your face?”

“Maybe if you didn’t have so much alcohol you’d know.” Kevin turned around and headed back up to his room.

Soohyun muttered to himself, thinking it was probably him involved in this. He tried to remember but the memories just weren’t returning to him.


You had woken up early because of the very happy feeling that wouldn’t escape you. Opening up the curtains, the sun beamed in and you let out a yawn. Remembering the kiss from yesterday, a smile grew on your face.

After eating breakfast, you took a peek outside. It had rained overnight and the clothes on the clothes line were soaked. You shrieked as you realised your school shirts were on the line too. You quickly darted to the front door after grabbing the blue laundry basket. As soon as you opened the door, you made a dash to get to the clothes except on the way...


Soohyun ate breakfast, trying to recall any events. Nothing came back to him. He left his bowl on the table, frustrated at the fact that he had no idea what happened and that Kevin had a bruise on his face.

Soohyun chucked on his converse and grabbed his phone after changing clothes. He suggested maybe a walk would help him remember.

Slowly, he walked through the streets, thoughts running through his head. Past the train station and down the familiar road, he kept walking at a slow pace. The footpath was still wet from last night’s rain and the smell of rain filled the air. The sun still shone though, and soon later, Soohyun came to a standstill.

Scenes flashed in his mind. He only remembered himself drinking at the counter.

He was about carry on walking.

He stomped his foot as more scenes rushed into his head. Scene after scene, the instant feeling of regret was all he felt as he reality hit him. The reason Kevin had a bruise on his face was because of Soohyun. The reason why there was a bruise is because he punched him. The reason why he punched him? It was you.

The cold reality was too much, he regretted everything. He questioned himself over and over, trying to calm himself down as he resumed taking steps. He lifted his head as he passed an on comer but he soon had his eyes fixed to the ground again as the troubled thoughts were travelling his mind.

Trying to calm himself down and think of a solution, he realised he didn’t even know where his feet where taking him anymore. He looked around. His surroundings looked a little familiar but not enough for him to know where he was. He decided to take himself back now and think of something on the way. As he turned around, he spotted something.

Soohyun ran and jumped over the fence to your unconscious body lying on the ground. The laundry basket was next to your arm. The first thing Soohyun spotted was the patch of blood on your forehead. He tried his hardest not to panic.

“Soo Jung ah!” A hint of panic was heard in his voice as tears were close to forming in his eyes. He pulled out his phone and called the ambulance.

“Hello, what’s your emergency?”

“uh.. someone here.. someone is unconscious and there’s blood coming from her head”

“How long has she been unconscious for?”

“I, I don’t know.. I just got here and found her lying on the, the g.. ground.”

“The ambulance will be there shortly, please stay with her sir.

A minute later, he’d made the call and the ambulance said they’d be coming as soon as possible. His sight returned back to you as he saw your lifeless form on the ground.

“Please Soo Jung wake up..” His hand placed on your arm as he looked at the blood coming from your forehead again.

“Blood.. blood.. towel” He found the strength in him to stand up and he wearily but quickly made his way into your house. He could only feel fear as he searched around your house. Your house, it was all new to him of course. He entered the bathroom and grabbed the towel on the rack before running back to your side.

Gently, he pressed the towel to the area of bleeding and looked around to see if the ambulance was close by. He could only think of the times he had with you as he sat there in shear panic. Tears were forming in his eyes and he brushed the hair from your face. A tear dropped from his dropped onto your neck but Soohyun quickly wiped it away. Soon later, the sound of sirens were heard and Soohyun looked up. The ambulance van pulled up on the street and a man opened the door and ran out to the accident.

“Sir, please step back for a moment, it will be okay.” The ambulance officer said as he signalled for another to come out. The officers with a stretcher ran out and soon later, they had moved you on to the stretched.

“Sir, you’ll need to come with us.” The officer said before returning back to the van. Soohyun was still standing still as he was still in shock. He was staring at backs of the officers but it still hadn’t sunken in.


Soohyun sat in the chair besides your bed for about an hour and a half and he sat still for the whole duration. The doctor walked into the room but Soohyun didn’t seem to notice.

“Hello”, He bowed and caught Soohyun’s attention. Soohyun stood up and greeted back.

“The injuries don’t seem too severe although it may take two weeks to fully recover. Do not worry, this is quite a speedy recovery and the damage could have been a lot worse. She should be waking up soon.” The doctor said before exiting the room, leaving Soohyun standing there again.

His vision turned back to you, laying lifeless on the hospital bed.

The doors suddenly opened again and in came a breathless Kevin.

Panting he slowly made his steps towards you, eyes focused on you.

“Soo... soo.. soojung..” His body had pushed Soohyun out of the way as he lost balance and was on his knees at your side.

“Soojung..” He put his hand over yours as tears started to fill his eyes.


There were no other seats left, Kevin’s only choice was to sit on the ground. Soohyun was sitting in the chair and the between them, no one said a word.

Soohyun was thinking about something though. Something that entered his mind when Kevin came panting in the door. The scene at the club last night repetitively ran through his mind as he sat there in regret.

“You know, I’m not giving Soojung up..” Soohyun stared into the space in front of him.

Kevin turned his head to face Soohyun, a little startled at Soohyun’s sudden comment.

“Don’t expect her to come to you, she likes me and that’s not going to change.” Kevin’s harsh words echoed in Soohyun’s ears.

Kevin suddenly stood up and headed towards the door.

“Where are you going?” Soohyun asked out of curiosity.

“Coffee.” Kevin exited after stopping to answer Soohyun.

After Soohyun was aware that Kevin had left, he stood up and took a step next to your bed.

“Soo jung...” He said your name in a soft tone as he stared at you.

“Wake up..please..” He softly took your hand in his as tears almost started to fill his sorrowful eyes. Soohyun lowered his face a little. “I don’t know if you know, but I still love you..” He took a moment before lowering his face even further, leaving inches of space between the two of you. Soon later, his lips were gently pressed against yours.

You heard a beeping sound and something pressed against your lips. Thoughts ran through your mind such as “Am I under surgery?” or “Am I at the dentist?”.

You finally found the strength to open your heavy lids. You definitely weren’t expecting to see Soohyun’s face right in front of yours, his lips pressed against yours. As he brought his face away from yours, his eyes slowly opened to the sight of you staring at him in confusion.

“Soohyun..” You said as you noticed his eyes grew wide.


Wow, I'm really so sorry for not updating for so long. I really owe you guys but all I can put up is another boring chapter. School has been in the way for a while but I've finished some tests and assignments for the time being so hopefully I will be able to update a bit more regularly. Sorry again. 

P.S. I know that Kevin doesn't like coffee, let's pretend he does for now!?