Finally

Some Day

The next day at school had approached you quicker than expected. It hadn’t been long since you were on a date with Soohyun.

Walking into the classroom early that morning, Soohyun was sitting as his seat as predicted, flicking through the pages of a book.

“Soohyun” you slowly walked into the classroom and put your bag down at your seat.

“Hi! You’re here early”, Soohyun looked up from the book he was reading.

“Ah yeah there’s a reason for that, I wanted to talk to you. Actually, I want to be your girlfriend.” You didn’t feel too confident after you said that.

There were two reasons you wanted to be Soohyun’s girlfriend. He had firstly proved to be really nice, someone very caring. You felt like he wouldn’t give up on you. The second reason in your opinion was quite bad. Something you should’ve never thought about, something that would wreck Soohyun. Originally it was to become closer to Kevin as well, but now you wanted to make him jealous.

“What? Really? Really Soo Jung?” Soohyun stood up from his seat with the biggest grin.

“Yes”, you smiled at him and looked down.

“Woah! Lee Soo Jung I’m so happy! You don’t understand!” he said and grabbed your hand.

Suddenly, another student had entered the classroom. You didn’t even know this student went to your school, let alone was in your class. It was Mi Young.

“Oh, it’s you two! Hello!” Mi Young had a bright smile on her face. She was quite pretty in her uniform. 

Great.


Before recess, you told your friends about how Soohyun was now your boyfriend. They seemed really happy for you and forced you to go and sit with Soohyun.

So now, during lunches and recess, you sat with UKISS. You often managed to sneakily take a look at Kevin every now and then. He was so happy as usual, but of course, Mi Young was also there, by Kevin's side.


During lunch one day, you excused yourself to go to the bathroom. You stared at yourself in the mirror but saw a tinge of evil had struck you. Hearing the door open, you the cold water and began washing your hands.

“Soo Jung?”  It was Mi Young, of course it just had to be her. You had never really talked to her before.

“Ah Mi Young, hi!” you said friendly.

“I’m just gonna go straight to the point, I’ve kind of noticed something about you lately.” She said walking over to the next sink.

“Eh?” you wondered what it’d be now.

“I don’t know if you’re jealous of whatever, but you keep looking at Kevin. A bit too much and I’ve noticed.” she said after looking at herself in the mirror.

“What?” you asked even though you knew exactly what she’d picked up on.

Mi Young had previously asked Kevin about it but he said he didn’t pick up on it.

“I think you’re jealous of Kevin and I. You have your own boyfriend, just stay with him.” She said staring at you with her eyes that had suddenly turned cold from being so pretty and innocent.

“What? How do you even conclude something like that? Why would I be jealous?” you said in defence.

“I think you like him, I’ve seen you before, it wasn’t just that.” She folded her arms.

You were shocked at her statement. How on earth does she pick up on every single thing that you do? You didn’t know how to react. You tried not to show what you felt inside.

“Just because you think I like him, doesn’t make that the reality you know”, nervously, you didn’t know what would happen next.

“Just stay away from him.” she smirked and walked off.

You made sure she was gone before you splashed your face with cold water and looked at yourself in the mirror again.

No...  how does she know? Maybe this is a good thing though.. maybe she’ll let Kevin know.


Over the next few days, you tried to avoid Mi Young. You stopped looking at Kevin and it definitely proved harder than you thought. Soohyun on the other hand was being an excellent and caring boyfriend. He always waited for you after class and did many other sweet things.

Another afternoon, you were going to go to the UKISS dorm with Soohyun for the first time. You were really excited to finally see their house.

Reaching the front door with Soohyun you felt a little nervous as Soohyun put the key into the door.

“Ready?” Soohyun looked back at you.

“Of course” you said smiling back.

The door opened and a spectacular and amazing house was unveiled before your eyes. It was just what you expected. The house was nicely lit with the living room on the right and the kitchen to the left. There was a corridor leading to a few rooms and also a set of stairs leading to the next level which contained more rooms.  You felt ecstatic as you walked in after Soohyun. After removing your shoes, Soohyun invited you to sit down on the couch as he got you something to drink. Soohyun and you were the earliest to get back from school and so you awaited for the arrival of the others but you were also scared that Mi Young would come any time soon with Kevin.

“Is orange juice okay?” Soohyun handed you a glass of cold orange juice.

“Of course”, you gently took the glass from Soohyun’s hand, lightly brushing hands with him.

After watching some TV with Soohyun, most of the members had come home during the time you’d been at the dorm. Sometime later, the door opened and in walked Kevin. Your heart started beating fast and your face felt hotter. Kevin said hello, not surprised that you were at the dorm. Eli then joined you at the couch.

“Soohyun go shower before Kiseop comes home!” Eli said taking the remote from Soohyun’s hand.

“Ok fine, I’ll be quick Soo Jung okay?” Soohyun said and politely excused himself.

Being alone with Eli was a little awkward especially after what you had heard from Soohyun. Suddenly, Kevin walked into the kitchen.

“Hey Soo Jung, do you want one of these? They’re so nice! Come here!” Kevin looked at you from the kitchen with the fridge door open.

You walked over to the kitchen, quite close to Kevin.

“Ahh I’ve had this before!” you said looking at the jelly drinks in the fridge.

“Pick one!” Kevin said smiling.

It was really enough for you to go every shade of every colour and for some reason, you felt a little out of place. You picked the cold drink and took it out of the fridge.

“Ah Kevin, can I talk to you?” you realised this would be the only chance you had to talk to Kevin without Mi Young being around, so you took the chance.

“Sure!” Kevin said popping the top of the can.

Kevin stood there looking at you as you traced your finger around the rim of the drink, one of your habits.

“There’s something I’ve wanted to tell you for a while” Even though you wanted to get it out badly, you didn’t know how you were going to say it. Your voice was shaky and your heart felt like it was about to pound out of your chest. You were shaking and swallowing your saliva every minute.

“What is it? You like me?” Kevin sipped his drink. It surprised you that he assumed such a thing even though he was probably just suggesting random things that you would say.

You looked up from the ground and stared into his eyes. Kevin stopped drinking his drink and looked at you with a shocked expression. He didn’t think you were serious at all.

“You guessed right....  I like you.” You couldn’t believe you had just confessed to Kevin. It was something you wanted him to know for a year. You never even told anyone about your crush. Finally, you let him know and you felt relieved.

Kevin took another sip of his drink. “Then why are you with Soohyun if you don’t like him?”

“Eh? It was a sudden decision, I..” you didn’t know what to say. Why were you even with Soohyun if you didn’t like him as much as you liked Kevin? You realised your stupidity and began to regret become his girlfriend.

I’m so stupid

“Well, you might just have to get over me.. sorry.” Kevin said apologetically.

“Ah yeah I know, it’s my fault anyway.” You turned around with the bottled up your emotions in your heart.

Kevin stood there, not knowing what to say either. Soohyun came out of the shower moments later just as you were making your way out of the kitchen.

“Ahh Soohyun, I’m sorry but I have to go! It’s getting late and my mum called! I’m so sorry but it was fun coming to the dorm today!” It was a big lie but you had to get out of here. Soohyun who looked a little sad at your sudden statement, offered to drop you home even though you kept objecting saying that you were fine. Being a good boyfriend, he dropped you home.

For the rest of the night, you stayed in your room, thinking about your confession. You felt stupid, you felt ashamed, you felt regretful but there was nothing that could change everything that happened.

 


Ok I must admit this is a horrible chapter. I'm sorry for boring everyone :( I will try to update tomorrow but I'm not if I can! I'll make up for it though!