What's Wrong With Everyone?

This Is What Fate Gives You

*Wooyoung's POV*

The house was abnormally quiet this morning. I buttoned up my shirt leaving the first two buttons opened. Eomma and Yoobin left early because Yoobin had this parent-student activity at school and appa left to meet up with Mr. Lee before the meeting. So I was the only one left in the house. I walked down the steps of the stairs and headed for the kitchen. When I walked in I saw a meal prepared for me on the table. A little note was left next to it. I picked it up and read the childish handwriting.

Oppa! Eomma cooked this for you just  before we left! I used the cookie cutter to cut the pancakes into bear and elephant shapes! Eomma helped me write this! 

I smiled at Yoobin's thoughtful note. I sat down and ate but my over thinking was making me lose my appetite. I ate half of my bear and elephant shaped pancakes and didn't even touch the eggs and sausage. I gulped down my glass of milk and grabbed my bag to go to school. Appa said the meeting is going to start at 10 consisting of all the hotel owners, Jihwan High staff, and others who were directly involved. I think I should expect to see the Principal and a few teachers absent today. 

I stopped by the supermarket on my way to school to buy myself some milk tea. It was about a five minute walk to school and went straight to my class and took my seat. Nothing out of the ordinary... except for the fact that I can feel stares on me. Why was everyone looking at me again? Am I going to be bullied again? I took a risk and looked at a few of my classmates who were staring at me. When I turned to look at them, they quickly turned away and acted as if they were just minding their own business. I turned to look at Nickhun and Chansung who were also staring at me. Chansung had this nervous, afraid look and looked away and Nickhun put his head down immediately. 

... What's wrong with everyone? 

"Excuse me."

Everyone turned to look at the teacher standing at the front of the class. Isn't he the teacher for the other class? What's he doing here?

"If you do not know me, I am Park seonsaengnim. I would like to inform you that your teacher will be absent today. Because of his absence, I will be watching over you today; however I have my own class to attend to. So I would ask you so kindly if you can bring your chairs and take it to the Class C."

"Ehh? That's strange for Jang seonsaengnim to be absent," said one of my classmates. "He's always here."

"I wonder what could have happened?" asked another.

"Please do not worry. It's nothing serious. Jang seonsaengnim will just be taking a day leave. He will be back tomorrow," said our teacher for the day. "So please cooperate with me and come with me to my classroom. I ask that you take your chairs and your bags with you. I have work left for you by your teacher."

I heard some groan and complain. I shook my head. I knew it. And I bet a few other teachers are absent as well.

*Jinyoung's POV*

"Auditioning for a school play?"

CNU nodded. "The audition posters caught my eye and I decided to try out. Now help me practice." 

I pointed at myself. "Why me?"

CNU shrugged. "Well on your cyworld it says that you've participated in a few school plays before."

I looked at him with wide eyes. "How did you know I put that on my cyworld?"

CNU gave me a confused look. "You sent me a friend request and I accepted it."

"I did?" I tried rattling my brain and I remembered sending a friend request two days ago. Aish Jinyoung. You're only 17 and you're already forgetting things. You're too young to forget!

CNU sat down next to me and clapped his hands together. "Please help me?"

I sighed and gave in. "Fine." I looked at the paper with the lines for auditioning. "Sungkyunkwan Scandal: The Play. Whose role are you auditioning for?"

"Lee Sun Joon," CNU answered.

"Ahh, played by Park "Micky" Yoochun in the drama."

"Yeah. And since he's the lead character, a lot of people are after that role." CNU rubbed the back of his neck. I could already tell that he's nervous and he's losing his confidence.

"Why not audition of Moon Jae Shin or Goo Yong Ha?" I asked, flipping the paper to read the rest of the lines.

My pony tailed friend sighed. "Moon Jae Shin's character is so cool and I'm not like that. It might be hard for me to interpret his character. And Goo Yong Ha is just as cool, but a flirt. I'm not that good of an actor to portray those kinds of people."

I nodded. "I understand. So which do you want me to read?" 

"Goo Yong Ha's parts."

I messed up my hair a little. "Arasseo." I cleared my throat. I tried to remember the drama and the character Goo Yong Ha. A sly, smart, cool, ladies man. I tried getting into character and began reading my lines. "Do not tell me, you do not have the money on you."

"I will give it to you when I retake the test," CNU also started to get into character. "I can assure you."

"You lead the way. Even if I have to barge into your bedchamber, I will definitely get the money."

"I, Lee Sun Joon, will not go back on my word over a mere fifty nyang."

Before I could read my next line, Park seonsaengnim stepped into our classroom. Isn't it still a bit early for class to start?

He stood before the class and cleared his throat. "Excuse me students. I know it's a bit early to start class, but I have an announcement to make." He cleared his throat before speaking again. "Class 3-A's teacher, Jang seonsaengnim, is absent today. We can't leave them by themselves for the whole day so I volunteered to watch over them. So for the entire day, you're going to share a classroom with them. To make more room, I would like you to put your desks together and make a group of four or five."

No one complained or argued, although I heard a few mumbles, however everyone did as they were told and started to put their desks next to their friends. 

I sighed and stood up. Before I had any chance to look around to who sit next to, CNU grabbed his desk and slammed it next to mine. He looked up at me, smiled, and showed a peace sign. I let out a small laugh and looked to where Soyoung was. She was looking around awkwardly. She didn't have any friends in this class other than me so...

"Why don't you call Soyoung over to sit with us," CNU suggested. 

Thats what I was going to do...  I waved my hand to get her attention which worked. I made a hand motion for her to come over and sit with us and she quickly grabbed her stuff and ran to us. I took a desk that wasn't being used and put it next to mine. I looked around at our small group. "We still need one more person," I said.

CNU turned his head and searched for anyone in class who wasn't already in a group. "Hey Jeongmin! Over here!" He called and a boy with short light brown hair smiled and joined us. I've only talked to him once in awhile, but I never really got to know him well.

Our teacher looked around. "Good, but I would like to ask you to move your desks a little forward." A couple of students groaned and our teacher apologized. "I'm sorry but it's only for today."

After everything was done and over with, five minutes before the bell rang, he went outside to call Class A to come over. I sighed and rested my cheek on my hand as I watched all the students swarm inside with their bags and chairs. I could recognized a few faces from those who I always see in the hallways, and I saw people I didn't know at all. Then there was Wooyoung. I didn't know he was in Class A. Well what I heard from Sandeul, he's really smart.

The students from Class A set their chairs at the back of the room and Park seonsaengnim handed them all a few worksheets to work on. He went back to our class and the day resumed as usual. Except for the fact that there was two classes in one classroom and Park seonsaengnim was stressing, switching between Class A and Class C. It was pretty much like that for the entire day. Any other ordinary day. For me at least.

*Sandeul's POV*

"YA! Why don't all of you shut your mouths and mind your own damn business!"

I stared up at L.Joe, surprised by his sudden outrage. L.Joe can be a little dumb and likes to play around, but he hardly gets angry. And when he's angry, you know he's being serious. Everyone in the room quieted down and went back to their own conversations, trying to avoid any eye contact with him, me, or Chunji. L.Joe sat back down and crossed his arms.

It was like that since I walked into school this morning. For the lower classmen who don't know me, only whispered things like "He's the one that got into the accident right?" Those who were in my grade and knew me and Miyeon... well their words were a lot more harsh. I tried to ignore it and their stares. It was lunch break and that's when everyone's whispers got louder. Chunji keeps telling me to ignore it and L.Joe kept sending death glares, but just a minute ago, he lost it and yelled at everyone.

"You didn't have to yell," Chunji whispered. 

"They were annoying me," L.Joe said. "Plus they were being rude. I can't just sit back and do nothing. And you, you depressed duck." L.Joe smacked his hand on my desk. "What's wrong with you? I thought you wanted to be stronger? So why aren't you standing up for yourself?"

I sighed. "I am being strong. I'm ignoring all their comments because I know what they're saying is not true, and you know that too, don't you? Besides, I'm confident Miyeon will wake up soon. I just have this feeling, but that feeling is right. And when Miyeon wakes up, she'll tell them all how wrong they are."

Chunji stared at me in awe. "I've never seen you so determined Sandeul."

L.Joe nodded. "Me neither. But I hope that feeling of yours is right."

I looked up with determination in my eyes. To be honest, I couldn't be more nervous. Ignoring all the rumors was easy because I know it's not true. And L.Joe can get them to shut up on his own so I don't need to worry. And I know Miyeon will wake up. I just had this feeling and even the doctors are saying she might wake up soon. The thing thats worrying me is something else...

Chunji sighed and stood up. "Well I don't want to continue sitting here soaking up the dark atmosphere. I'm going to buy food. You wanna come?"

L.Joe stood up and raised his arms. "Ahh! I never though you'd say that! I'm starving!"

I smiled and stood up as well. "I hope you guys are willing to feed me though."

"L.Joe I hope you're wiling to feed him!" said Chunji as he walked out of the classroom.

"Y-ya! Come back here!" L.Joe shouted.

I rested my chin on L.Joe shoulder and pouted. "Hyung~ Feed me~" I said with aegyo.

L.Joe shivered and moved away. "Gross. Feed yourself."

"Awww, L.Joe is being mean!" 

I laughed and ran to catch up with my friends.

*Wooyoung's POV*

I looked at my cellphone to check the time. Lunch will be over soon... I shoved my phone back into my pocket and looked up. Why was I called out here anyway?

*Flashback*

I was staring at the wall clock. As if my stares could make time go faster. Lunch was next and I'm starving. I already finished my worksheets and I had nothing better to do. I had no friends to talk to, even Ai and Ji Eun were avoiding me. And it was just like this morning, I was receiving stares from everyone, but every time I looked at them, they would turn away in fear. What. First they wanted to bully me and now they're afraid of me? What's wrong with everyone?

I bent down to reach for my bag to get my notebook out when I noticed a piece of paper sticking out from under my bag. Since when did that get there? I picked it up and thought it was a piece of trash so I was about to crumple it, but I noticed it was perfectly folded into two and I saw writing on the inside. I opened it and the message written said:

Meet us in front of the big oak tree bench thing 15 minutes before lunch ends.

*Flashback ends*

I drank my milk tea and put it besides me. I don't know, but something told me to listen to that person's message. But... I looked at the message again and sighed. There was a few things wrong here:

1. What the hell is a "big oak tree bench thing?" 
2. I honestly had no idea if I was in the right place.
3. I wasn't even sure if the tree next to me was oak.
4. I knew from the very beginning who wrote this message. He should really work on his penmanship.

I sighed once more and stood up. I guess I am in the wrong place because lunch was ending in five minutes and no one has shown. Oh well. I threw my empty milk tea bottle in the trash at the entrance and headed back to my temporary class for the day. I returned to my seat which was situated near the window and stared outside.

The bell for fifth period rang and students came flooding in. I heard my classmates take their seats and I could have sworn I heard the sound of a notebook hitting against something followed by "Chansung you're an idiot. We lost our chance."

Bingo...

***

I wanted to go straight home--or straight to the restaurant because that's where my father would be. I wanted to know the results as soon as possible. I walked out of the building and almost reached the front gates when I felt intense stares from behind me. It sent a shiver down my spine. I spun around to catch the culprit, but there was no one there. Or at least, there was no one staring or following me. Even if school ended, there was still plenty of students that stay back because they're a part of some club and no one really leaves right when school ends. So only a few students wandered the front courtyard. And none of them looked suspicious at all. Am I imagining things?

I scratched my head and shrugged. I turned around and left to go catch a bus to take me to the restaurant.

***

Even though I'm desperate to know the results, I know I can't get an answer right away from my dad. He was too busy working. 

"Wooyoung, I haven't seen you in awhile." said one of the workers. It's no surprise that the workers know me because I come by whenever I have the time and I help out from time to time. 

I smiled. "Yeah. I've been busy lately that's why." I looked around but it didn't look busy. I saw a couple at the far end near the counter, a family of four sitting near the windows, and a man alone by himself slurping on his soup. "Slow day?" 

He shook his head. "It was busy during lunch time, so I'm kinda glad there's a few people," he whispered and laughed afterwards. "Are you looking for your dad?" I nodded. "He's in the back in his office, but he might be busy so if he doesn't answer, don't be too surprised."

"Ah, okae. Thank you," I said and headed for the 'Employees Only' door. But it's his own son. He won't even answer the door to his own son?

I opened the door of the 'Employees Only' door. It opened up to a narrow hall way with two doors on each side. I closed the door softly behind me and went towards the end. I already knew where my father's office was. I turned at the right and it led to a door at the end. I knocked once. No answer. "Appa. It's Wooyoung." I waited but there was still no answer. I knocked again and turned the knob but it was locked. "Appa?" I tried turning the knob again but it wouldn't open. That's strange. Is he in the kitchen?

I turned to go to the kitchen but I heard the door open. I turned to see my father at the door. His short black hair was messy and his eyes looked as if he just woke up. Was he sleeping the whole time? "Oh Wooyoung. I didn't know you'd come by." 

I looked at the floor. Should I ask him this now or should I wait? I was reconsidering my actions but some part of me wanted to know the results of the votes. I looked at my father. "Can we talk?"

***

I sat in the chair that was situated in front of my father's desk. 

"Seonu has told me Junghwan was finally released from the hospital," said my father.

"Yeah. He was in school today but I didn't see him at all," I said, staring at my hot chocolate my dad made a few minutes ago.

He sat down and rearranged some papers. Without looking at me, he said: "You want to know the results of the voting right?"

I moved back. How did he know? I let out a small laugh. "Yeah... kind of."

My father smiled. "It's okae. It's my son, what's there to worry about?" He sighed and took a sip of his coffee. "Where should I start? Well, everyone who was directly involved was present at this meeting. Even Jaemin."

Jinyoung's father? 

"Well the atmosphere was icy cold. Like a snow storm blew over, but that's not important. Seonu discussed the situation once more with everyone, and explained to them--not too into detail though--about Ga Eun's plans. This of course angered everyone. They felt cheated and thought their money went to waste. He told them about his plans to catch Ga Eun and explained to them once more how it needs to be stopped. After this, mostly everyone agreed that they need to put an end to this."

"Wait," I interrupted. "What do you mean 'mostly everyone'?"

"There was this woman who wanted to continue because it might get her daughter into an elite university for only the smartest students in Korea. Selfish really, but majority vote is still majority vote."

"So what was the majority vote?" I asked. 

"They voted to stop the illegal funds," my father simply said. "If I can remember, there was about two or three people that voted against it. Surprisingly Jaemin's father voted to stop the funds."

"So... that's it? The illegal funds are going to end just like that?"

"The donating, yes. Any money that was supposed to be given this month will be given back. However it won't end that easily." My father sighed. "We're trying to end this as quietly as possible without the media finding out, which is going to be hard. It's good we stopped this now or else it'll get worse in the future."

I nodded, understating the situation. Maybe now I can go back to living a normal, more quieter life. I stared at a small piece of marshmallow in my cup and took a sip of my hot chocolate.


I don't know if you can tell but my story is coming to an end~ Kind of :b There's still a lot more chapters to go, but my story is ending. 

HOWEVER

It's not the end~