Our Relationship is Tearing Apart

This Is What Fate Gives You

*Miyeon's POV*

I went to school feeling like . I couldn't get over the fact that Sanduel lied to me. He never lied to me. Even when he stole my cookies in the third grade and I asked who took them, he confessed right away. I didn't feel like eating dinner last night, and Yejun ended up eating most of my food. My parents kept asking me what's wrong but I told them to leave me alone. When we got home, I locked myself in my room. I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. I felt... empty. Sandeul was becoming more distant lately. He won't tell me what's wrong. And worst of all, he lied. I hate liars. I thought Sandeul would be the very last person to lie to me. 

I sat down and put my head down. I was planning on keeping my head down till class started. I didn't feel like talking to Sandeul -- or seeing him. 

"Miyeon~" I heard Sandeul say. He was right next to me. I turned my head around and faced the window. He shook my shoulder. "Miyeon~" I brushed off his hand.

At that moment, the bell rang and everyone took their seats. I waited for Sandeul to take his seat behind me. Once he did, I picked up my head and saw the teacher already picking up a piece of chalk and writing on the board. I pushed aside all other thoughts and focused on the topic the teacher was teaching. I wrote down any notes, and I even answered the questions she would ask. Anything to clear my mind from last night.

The bell rang for break and I stood up. I was about to leave but Sandeul grabbed my wrist. 

I turned my head, but I didn't look him in the eyes. "What?"

"What's wrong?" He asked. 

I pulled myself loose. "I... just don't feel good. I want some time to myself." I walked away as fast as I could before he could stop me. 

*Sandeul's POV*

I stared blankly as she walked away. What's wrong with her? Why isn't she talking to me? I started to get really worried. I was about to follow her but the teacher stopped me.

"Junghwan," our teacher said. "Can you please take these to the main office? Just drop it off in my box."

"Uh," I wanted to decline so that I could follow Miyeon, but it would be rude to refuse a teacher. "Okae..."

"Kamsahabnida," she gave me a manila folder packed with papers. 

I took it and went straight to the main office. I placed it in her box and turned around when I bumped into someone. 

"I'm sorry," the guy apologized. 

"No it's okae," I said. I realized the person I bumped into was Wooyoung. "Oh Wooyoung, I'm sorry." I bowed in apology. "I heard you won the election."

He looked away. "Yeah. I'm going to decline it though. That other guy, Hyun, can have it."

"Waeyo?"

Wooyoung shrugged his shoulders. "After thinking about it, I don't exactly qualifyto be part of the Student Council. I'm sorry for troubling you if you voted for me."

"Oh no, it's okae," I said. To be honest I voted for the other guy.

"Yeah, well, I should go tell the Principal now," he said. "It was nice talking to you."

"Yeah," We gave a silent goodbye and I walked back to the classroom.

*Wooyoung's POV*

I stood up. "Again, I'm very sorry for the trouble I've caused. I should have thought my decision more thoroughly. I hope that Hyun does a better job than me."

The principal nodded his head. "It's okae. It's a shame to see you back out when they just announced you won."

"I'm sorry," I apologized once more. I bowed and left the principals office. I walked back to my classroom, and on the way, the kids who were in the same class gave me dirty looks as I passed by them. Some snickered. I ignored them and walked back inside. Everyone's eyes fell on me when I stepped in. It's become a habit now. Whatever I do, everyone's eyes would be on me. I walked over to my desk and stopped short.

On my desk, written with a big black marker, we're the words. "Traitor" and "Go die". I bit my lip. The school wouldn't like it if someone wrote on school property. I ignored the writing and sat down, but once I did, I felt someone throw a paper ball at me. I tried to keep my composure. I looked inside my desk to get my math textbook, but when I looked inside, it was empty. I also noticed that my bag was gone. I stood up and searched everywhere. Around my desk, it the drawers in the back, in the closest. It wasn't there.

I turned to face the class. Some avoided my gaze, some snickered. And I can't believe that my friends were a part of the group that snickered. I stomped towards Chansung and grabbed him by the collar. "Where's my bag?" I said through gritted teeth.

"I don't know dude!" He said. Nickhun pulled me away from him. 

"Calm down," he said. 

"It's pretty hot out," a girl said. I turned to her and she was twirling her hair around and giving off a smug look. If she was a guy, I would have punched her in the face for that. "It's would be nice to take a swim. Don't you think Wooyoung-sshi?"

I took me awhile to realize what she meant. As I ran out of the classroom, I heard the snickers behind me. I ran out of the school building and headed to the swimming pool. At the very end, I saw something floating. I ran to the other side of the pool and found my bag, my textbooks, and everything else floating in the pool. 

*Miyeon's POV*

I pretty much ignored Sandeul for the whole day. He tried to talk to me in class, but I ignored him. The teacher once scolded him for disrupting the class. When lunch arrived. I left the class as soon as possible and hid in the bathroom. I couldn't stay with Yejun. That would be the first person Sandeul would go to. I sighed and got out of the stall. I washed my hands, but I didn't know what for. At that moment I saw Ai and Ji Eun.

"Miyeon!" Ji Eun said with a big smile.

I smiled and greeted them.

"Are you okae?" Ai asked me. "You don't look so good."

I wanted to tell them that I'm fine, but the words wouldn't come out. I figured that I needed to talk to someone about this. 

"Can I ask you for advice?" I blurted out. It felt weird because I just met them yesterday and I didn't want to trouble them and --

"Okae," said Ai.

I looked up. "Really?"

"Yeah. I noticed that you weren't in such a good mood yesterday. I didn't want to keep pressuring you to tell me what's wrong if you weren't ready to say it."

I smiled. "Thank you." I looked around. "Can we talk somewhere... else?"

"Sure. Want to join us in our class?" Ji Eun suggested.

"Okae."

Ji Eun turned to Ai. "Is that alright?"

Ai bit her lip. "I guess..."

She didn't look to sure, but the two led me to their classroom. They walked inside casually while I stared at the black plate on the door. "You guys are in Class 3A?"

"Yeah," they said at the same time. 

"Wow~"

Ai and Ji Eun pulled their desks together and grabbed an extra chair for me to sit on. 

"Before we start talking," Ji Eun pulled out a Rilakkuma lunch box from her bag, "we shall eat!"

She opened the box and revealed two piles of rice, galbi, and a salad on the side. She then pouted. "If I knew you were going to eat with us, I should have brought another set of chopsticks."

"It's okae. I'm not hungry."

Ji Eun snapped her fingers. "I know. She fished out a plastic bag from her bag and handed it to me." 

I looked at it and she simply stated, "Bread."

"Kamsahabnida," I said and took it. I opened it and took a bite from it. There was red bean inside. 

"Is it good?" Ji Eun asked.

I nodded my head and smiled. 

"Yay~" Ji Eun clapped her hands like a little kid and Ai just laughed. "What's do you want to talk about again?"

I stopped midway from taking another bite and looked down. This isn't going to be easy... I took another bite and swallowed it. Once I was finished I spoke, "I... You see..." I sighed.

"It's okae," Ai said. "Take your time."

"You see... this friend of mine... We've been friends since the first grade. We went through a lot together, and we tell each other everything, but... Lately it doesn't feel that way. He's been distant, and he won't tell me what's wrong. And worst of all..." I thought back to last night when I saw him with that girl. "he lied to me."

"Have you tried talking to him?" Ji Eun asked.

Ai shot her a look. "Didn't you just heard her? He won't tell her anything."

Ji Eun put her head down. "Sorry..."

"It's okae, and I tried asking him what's wrong but he won't tell me."

"I'm not sure if I should be asking this but, what did he lie about?" Ai asked. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

I took another bite of my bread and sighed. "Yesterday, he said he had to go to this meeting after school, which I believed in, but when I went to eat out with my family last night, I saw him walking out of the elevator with some girl."

"That jerk!" Ji Eun said. 

"Do you know who this girl is?" Ai asked me.

I shook my head. 

"Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead," I said and took another bite of my bread.

"Do you like this friend of yours?" Ai asked.

I looked at her and then looked down. I've been wondering about that for a while now. "I... I think so."

"So you were jealous when you saw him with another girl?" Ji Eun asked.

"I guess..."

"I think you should talk with him," Ai said. "You never know. Who knows, maybe that girl could be his cousin or something."

"Maybe..."

"If anything, you two should talk." Ai said. "A lot of misunderstandings can happen, and you don't want to break this long time friendship do you?"

I shook my head. 

"I'm sorry if I at giving out advice," Ai apologized.

"It's okae," I said. "Thanks for listening to me." 

"No problem," Ai and Ji Eun said at the same time. The looked at each other. "We need to stop doing that," Ai said.

We continued eating when I noticed Ai looking up. Ji Eun turned around and I noticed that the whole room has gone silent. They were all looking in one direction, and when I followed their gaze, I saw a boy standing at the entrance of the room. He was soaked bag, and holding textbooks that were dripping water. He gave everyone a cold stare. Who is this guy?

He walked inside and when he passed by us, Ai looked down. I turned around and saw him drop his stuff on a desk with big black writing all over it. I saw a few people snicker and laughed when he sat down.  

He was staring at the floor and I noticed that parts of his uniform were wet too.What happened to this guy? I looked around and everyone was giving him dirty looks, or laughing. One guy threw paper-back book at him, and everyone laughed. I turned to Ji Eun and Ai, who were looking down. What is this? Bullying? 

I heard a loud sound and when I turned around, a desk was on the floor and the boy who came in soaking wet had a leg in the air. He looked pretty pissed too. The classroom fell silent. Ai touched my shoulder. "I think you should go now," she whispered. 

"But-" I was about to protest, but she already grabbed my wrist and led my outside. I watched as a group of students surrounded him with hostile looks in their faces. Ai led me back to my classroom and I broke free from her grip. 

"What's going on in there?" I asked.

Ai didn't look at me, but at the floor. 

"Are they bullying him? We have to report in to the teacher, the principal!"

"No. Don't tell the teachers. Don't tell the principals." Ai said.

I looked at her in disbelief. "Wae?"

"It'll just make things worse."

"It'll make things worse?" I scoffed. "Those kids looked like they wanted to tear him apart!" 

"Just- just leave it alone," Ai said. "I'll handle it. You have your own problems to worry about."

I was going to say something, but Ai walked away. She right though. I have my own problems to worry about. I can't worry about someone else's problems. I looked back at Class 3A. But still, I may have witnessed a bully scene, and I should report it. I took a step forward but I saw the person in front of me.

"Sandeul..."

He looked at me with sad eyes. 

"I think you should talk with him." "You don't want to break this long time friendship do you?" 

No. But he lied...

"Miyeon..." Sandeul was right in front of me. Looking at me straight in the eyes, but I couldn't even meet it. I looked at the ground. 

"We need to talk," I said.

"Okae," he replied.

"After school."

He paused. "I can't."

"Why?"

"Because..." He tried to look for words but couldn't find any. "I just can't."

This time I looked at him and I felt like crying. "What do you mean you can't? I want a good reason why you can't tell me Lee Junghwan!"

*Sandeul's POV*

"What do you mean you can't? I want a good reason why you can't tell me Lee Junghwan!" Miyeon yelled.

I was taken back. Ever since she gave me the nickname of Sandeul, she never called me by my real name. Only when she was serious. 

"Stop telling me lies and made up stories!" I could see she was trying to hold back her tears. "Tell me why we can't talk after school."

"I..." I didn't know what to say. I couldn't lie to her again. I didn't want to hurt her. 

She gave me a long glare before turning her back to me. I grabbed her wrist but she pulled free. I watched as she walked inside the classroom. She didn't even look back. Not even once.


I kinda rushed the ending because I wanted it done by the end of the day! >.< I apologize if there's any spelling or grammar errors. 

It's a lame title I know!! Dx I just couldn't come up with anything that's why!!! 

Another adorable picture of Sandeul because a serious picture of him does not exist.

Ugh... I was going to say something but I forgot -___-

Comment~ >.<