Student Council

This Is What Fate Gives You

*Ai's POV*

The school day hasn’t even started yet, but here I am, running in circles, to help the teachers. Ever since the president of the student council, Jang Jaegyu, left school to study abroad, all his duties have been passed down to me, the vice president.

I walked fast to the student council room with manila folders in my arms. The room was just a couple of steps ahead of me and as I was about to enter, I saw a familiar figure inside and I quickly hid. But why was I hiding? I have every right to go in that room, but yet…

 
I heard voices inside.
 
“So, Jang Wooyoung is your name right?” said a male voice.
 
“Yes,” another male replied.
 
“You want to run for president?” says a female voice this time.
 
“Yes, that’s why I’m here.”
 
Omo! He wants to run for student council president? I felt my cheeks blush. Okae, so to fill you in, the boy I’m talking about is Jang Wooyoung, a senior, just like me, who is in my class. We sit at the opposite ends of the room, but I still sneak a quick glance at him every now and then. I had a crush on him since last year during a field trip to watch the cherry blossoms…
 
I snapped back into reality, composed myself, and casually walk into the room. 
 
“Oh Ai,” said Chihoon. He’s the treasurer of the student council. If you’re nice to him, he’s nice to you. In other words, don’t get on his bad side.
 
“We have someone who’s planning to run for student council president!” says Eunmi. She’s the secretary. A bit of a squeaker, which can be an annoyance at times, but overall, she‘s a good person.
 
I walked over to them, “Really?” I looked at Wooyoung and he looked back at me. “You’re running for student council president?”
 
“Yup,” he nodded.
 
“Are you sure? It’s a pretty tough job.”
 
“True, but I want to do something challenging. You never know, I just might be the best student council president this school has ever seen,” he said. He looked at me and smiled.
 
On the outside, I was nodding. On the inside, I was squealing like a fan girl at a concert.
 
“Here’s the paper. Just fill it out and give it to us by the end of the day,” said Chihoon. He handed Wooyoung a piece of paper and he took it.
 
“I look forward to working with you!” I blurted out.
 
Wooyoung looked at me and smiled, “That’s if I get elected.” and with that, he left.
 
“Oh guys, here’s some papers Kim Seongsaengnim wants you to look at,” I said and placed the manila folders on the table. 
 
Chihoon and Eunmi looked at the contents inside of it and I tried to slip away but was caught.
 
“Ai! Where are you going?” Eunmi asked.
 
“I still have some work to do for other teachers, I’ll try to finish before school starts so that we can discuss the cultural festival. If I don’t make it on time, we’ll meet during break. Annyeong.” I bowed then quickly ran outside. I hid in a corner where no one could see me. 
 
I started flapping my arms like a bird and squealing. “Omo! If he becomes student council president, I get to see him more often! And we can talk more and get closer and and…” I was going to continue but I noticed a pair of eyes staring at me.
 
Across from me was a girl staring at me. It was that awkward moment where you’re excited and you start squealing and flapping your arms and then you find someone staring at you.
 
I quickly composed myself and said, “Big Bang’s concert last night… that was something!” I managed to make up. In honesty, I didn’t go to their concert because my mom forbid me. I knew I should have snuck out.
 
The girl just nodded and went on with her life. She went in one direction, and I went the other way. 
 
“Well that was embarrassing,” I said to myself. I looked back at the girl. 
 
“She looks familiar. What was her name? Kwon Miyeon I think?” I shrugged my shoulders and went to the teachers office to continue my duties as the vice president. Then if Wooyoung becomes president… I started getting giddy at the thought of it.

First chapter is up! Pretty short huh? Sorry, I just kinda want to introduce the characters at first. It will be like this for the first three chapters. The chapters will get longer by chapter 4!^^

Please read and review! Subscribe if you like it!