Lies

This Is What Fate Gives You

*Wooyoung's POV*

I skipped class after that. I couldn't stand to be in the same class with them. I stayed out on the rooftop and just lay there. No one came by. No one called for me. Which was good. Even if someone did find me, I really don't care. I guess it would give me a bad image since I'm running for President. They never did announce the results yet. Doesn't matter though. I really didn't care. 

I fell asleep for what felt like four hours but it was only two. The last class of the day was almost done so I just leaned on the edge and listened to my ipod. I waited five minutes after the bell rang to go back to class. When I came in, everyone's eyes fell on me. I ignored their piercing stares, but it was hard. It was like cheetahs were waiting to prance on their prey. I grabbed my bag and walked out the door. On my way out, I bumped into Ai.

She looked at me nervously. "Uhmm, I'm not sure if you heard it, but you were chosen as Student Council President."

I scoffed. "I don't need that. I thought they wanted someone who could provide for the school?"

"Listen, don't think this in the wrong way," Ai pleaded. "We were just trying to help the school."

"If you were helping, why did it have to be illegal? And give special privileges to those who donated? It's unfair to the others! How about those who deserve to be in Class 3A? I feel sorry for them. They worked hard to get into the top class, but because of that, they were put into lower classes."

Ai avoided my eyes. "We're planning on stopping it..."

"Oh really now? It seems like Ji Eun didn't want to stop. You don't sound to eager to stop either." I rolled my eyes and walked away. I didn't bother to look back. 

*Sandeul's POV*

So for the entire time during lunch, me and Jinyoung just talked. We had some things in common. Like we had dictator fathers that tells us what to do. We both hated the hotel business. Be both rather keep it a secret that we're wealthy, because if people knew, they would just take advantage of us. And the fact that our fathers hated each other, made us feel closer somehow. We talked about how freaked out our fathers would be if they found out their sons were friends with each other which seemed to amuse us.

Talking with Jinyoung who understood my situation made me feel a little better. Although I still can't get my mom's call off my mind. I survived the rest of the school day, but Miyeon still kept asking me what's wrong. I told her I was fine but she didn't believe me. I was walking out the school gates with her and Yejun when I saw the car.

Everyone stood around it, admiring the shiny black paint. Mr. Jang stood at the front, waiting for me.

Shoot. I completely forgot.

"Deullie... What's this?" Miyeon asked me. Yejun stood next to her, his jaw hanging open.

"Uhmm," I tried to think of some excuse. "Uhh, my father wants me to be at a meeting... And it's very important... And he wants me to be there right after school!" I managed to make up. I ran to the car and opened the door. "See you tomorrow?"

"Y- yeah..." Miyeon and Yejun waved goodbye. I could see the worry and sadness in her eyes. I smiled to reassure her. She smiled, but I don't think she felt reassured. I got into the car and we drove off.

"I thought your father forbid you to hang out with her," said Mr. Jang.

"Please, he can't tell me who to be friends with." I folded my arms and looked outside when small water droplets hit the window. Then a heavy rain poured in.And just when I though it couldn't get anymore depressing.

"Where are we going anyways?" I asked.

"Meeting that girl," Mr. Jang replied.

"Ha Neul?"

"Yup."

"Why? I thought our meeting was just a one time thing!"

Mr. Jang shrugged. "I'm just here to drive you around and keep an eye on you. I'm not involved with your marriage life your father is planning for you."

I kicked the seat in front of me and slid down. I like Ha Neul, but I don't want to keep meeting her. I bet she feels the same way. 

We drove for twenty minutes till Mr. Jang parked in a three story parking garage. 

I got out of the car. "Where are we?" 

"You're going on a date to an aquarium," Mr. Jang looked me straight in the eyes. "Your father has high hopes for you and this girl. Don't screw up."

I rolled my eyes and slammed the door shut. "Whatever."

We entered the elevator and Mr. Jang pressed the 5 button and the elevator shot up. Once it came to a stop, we exited and Mr. Jang led me to this huge aquarium inside the building. I saw Ha Neul waiting outside. She was wearing a cream, pleaded skirt with a white blouse on top and a pastel pink cardigan. She was so dressed up compared to me, who was just wearing my uniform. I looked down at myself. I straightened out my tie and flattened out my black blazer. 

We approached her and she smiled. Mr. Jang and I bowed and greeted her. We stood there awkwardly and I side-eyed Mr. Jang. "You can leave now."

He leaned in my ear and whispered, "Don't screw up." And he walked away.

I turned to Ha Neul and smiled. "Shall we go?" 

She nodded. The guy at the front gave us a pamphlet with a map of the place and information on the creatures they had. 

We entered the first section where it was mostly just small fish. The place was designed like a tunnel, so even on top of us, there were fish.

"Why did you ask to see me?" I asked all of a sudden. 

Ha Neul sighed and I looked down at her. "My father is starting to get suspicious about me and Daehyun. I had to cover up so I asked to see you again."

"Well, you have to tell him sooner or later," I said. "You can't hide it forever."

Ha Neul was silent for awhile. We passed the first section and went on to a bigger section. It was like the first one, but bigger. In this room, there was a larger variety of fish. Big to small, short to long, red to rainbow. There were also some turtles and sting rays and small sharks. 

"I can try." Ha Neul finally responded. "We're planning to elope."

Wow. They really must love each other to do that.

"I'll try to talk to my father about it first, but I doubt he'll be okae with the idea of me and Daehyun getting married. Especially since he's low class."

"That's all our parents care about. Class," my anger started to boil up again. "They only want the best. And they say they want the best for their children, but no. They're wrong!" I may have spoken a little too loudly because people were staring at us. I bowed in apology. 

We continued on our way to a more damp looking place. There were waterfalls around us and small koi fish at the bottom of the pond. 

There was very little conversation between us. We only talked once in awhile. Sometimes we would ask each other "What's that?" and the other would reply. "I don't know." And we would look at the pamphlet and nod our heads and carried on. 

"I'm sorry to drag you here," Ha Neul said. 

"It's okae. I needed some fresh air." 

"Your father has been hard on you?"

I looked at a shark who seemed to be staring me down. "Yeah."

"You can get through this." I think it was an attempt to make me feel better.

"Wah--" Ha Neul almost tripped but I caught her just in time. 

"Are you okae?"

"Yeah. I'm fine," she slowly straightened herself out.

We stood there for awhile and awkwardly pulled away from each other. I scratched the back of my neck. "Should we go?"

She nodded and went ahead of me and I just walked behind. We finished the tour and sat a small cafe. We both ordered a small mocha latte and in a few minutes, a man came to our table and set two white cups in front of us with a fancy design on the top made from the cream.

It was awkward. Just sitting there. Not talking about anything. I looked at my watch and it read 6:58. Wow. I didn't know we were here for long.

All of a sudden a heard the sound of a piano being played. Which was weird because there were no pianos here. I saw Ha Neul taking out a pink phone out of her purse. Oh it was her cell phone.

She answered it. "Yeoboseyo?" She nodded her head. "Ne. Ne... I'll call Damien then." She put her phone away and looked at me. "I'm sorry I called you out all of a sudden and I'm sorry I have to leave so early."

Early? We were here for two hours. How long did she planned on staying?

"My dad called. It's urgent news. I have to go home now." She stood up. "I'm sorry for wasting your time.

I stood up. "No it's okae. Where are you going? I can walk you there." 

"I'm going to call my body guard, Damien," she said coolly. 

My jaw dropped. "You have a body guard?"

"Sure. Don't you?"

I shook my head. Well, she does come from a famous family. 

"You can wait with me at the front. If Damien sees you with me, well, then he thinks everything went well."

"Okae." We paid for our lattes and left the cafe.

We entered the elevators and I pressed the button labeled "1". Once we got to our floor, we went straight for the front of the building and waited. We watched as the sunset disappeared and was replaced by a black blanket covered with stars. The night was cool and breezy.

"At least the weather is nice," Ha Neul said.

I nodded and looked up at the stars. It felt nice being here. I wish I could just climb up to a tall building, sit on the rooftop, gaze at the stars, and forget the world.

*Miyeon's POV*

"Noona. Noona. NOONA!" Yejun yelled.

I turned to him, "What?" 

"Are you okae? You're spacing out."

"I- I'm fine."

Yejun gave me a look. He knew I was lying. Why am I so easy to read?

"Miyeonnie~ Yejunnie~," our father called. "Hurry up. We have reservations for the restaurant and I don't want to be late." He and Jenny were holding hands, like the romantic couple they were. 

"Ne~," said Yejun. He turned to me. "Are you coming noona?"

"Yeah..." Yejun went on ahead and I slowly walked behind him. I took a few steps and stopped and turned my head. The scene of Sandeul walking out of the elevator with a girl replayed in my mind. What was he doing here? I thought he was going to a meeting. What's he doing with that girl? He lied to me... Again.Something pulled at my heart. I didn't know what. But it didn't feel good. 

"Noona~!" Yejun complained.

"C-coming!" I stared longingly at the front doors. I bit my lip and turned around and joined my family.


Ahhh!!! What's happening!! :O I don't know!! xD

I apologize for the incredibly adorable picture of Sandeul. Why? Because I tried to look for a serious picture of him, but it's impossible. -_____- Why are bunnies so cute?