The Past Will Follow You Wherever You Go: Part 2

This Is What Fate Gives You

*Ai's POV*

"Is everything set and ready to go for tomorrow?" Chihoon asked.

"Yes. Yes." I switched my phone to my other ear and continued working on my math homework.

"Okae then. Be sure to go to school extra early tomorrow. We need to finalize everything."

"Yeah yeah. Whatever." I snapped. 

"Well someone's cranky."

"I'm stressed okae? The school planned this last minute event with another school, and also because our secret got out, and this stupid math homework isn't making it better!" 

"Calm down. Calm down," Chihoon said with his cool voice. "I'm sure everything will be settled soon."

I scoffed. "Whatever."

"See you tomorrow then?" 

"Yeah. Whatever. Bye." I hung up immediately. I continued doing my math homework but I looked back at my phone. Maybe I was a little too hard on him. Should I apologize? I was about to grab the phone when it rang. I picked it up and looked at the caller ID. 

"Ji Eun?" I answered.

"Ai! I need to tell you something important!" She yelled over the phone.

"Aish... You don't have to yell," I said.

"Sorry," she lowered her voice. "Anyways, I now know why Wooyoung is being bullied!" 

The lead of the pencil I was writing with broke. "What?"

"Yeah! I was going around asking why Wooyoung was being bullied, and apparently, someone from our class saw him go to the Principal's office."

"Why did he go there?"

"I don't know. But they're assuming that he told the Principal."

"They do know that the Principal is on our side right?" I asked.

"I don't know. I guess they're just paranoid about being found out."

I shook my heads. "Idiots. I'll talk to them tomorrow then."

"And Wooyoung," Ji Eun added.

"And Wooyoung." I repeated.

We said goodbye and I hung up. I let out a huge sigh. "Ugh... This is giving me a headache."

***

I had to leave my house at 6:00. It was still dark outside and the sun just started to rise. I walked to school alone. No one usually goes to school this early. The gates were already opened and I entered the school building. A few of the school staff and teachers were already there. A janitor was on the first floor doing some last minute clean up. I went straight for the gym, where the assembly is going to be held. Chihoon was already there talking to a teacher.

"I'm here," I announced as I walked up stage. 

"Oh good," said the teacher. "We're doing some last minute clean up around the school, so there's not much for you to do. All you have to do is introduce yourself, say the opening greetings and that's pretty much it."

"Good," Chihoon said.

"We are truly sorry about this," the teacher said. "It was completely last minute, but both schools thought it would be great to have this opportunity. If we can combine schools, well, then we could get a little "help" and since Jihwan High is one of the top public schools in South Korea, it would be good for Soomin High."

"I'm here!" Eun Mi yelled as she ran up the stairs. She joined us and paused to catch her breath. "Sorry. I woke up late. I forgot about it."

"It's alright," the teacher said. "Ai, just tell her the things you have to do. You all memorized what you have to say right?"

We all nodded and the teacher gave us a thumbs up. "Good. I better go help the other teachers," and with that, he left us.

"What do we have to do?" Eun Mi asked.

"All we have to do is introduce ourselves as the school's Student Council and say the opening greetings. You memorized your part of the speech right?" I asked.

Eun Mi nodded. "Well, kind of. I might not have remembered anything."

"It's okae," Chihoon said. "We'll just improvise. Like we usually do." 

"What time is it?" I asked.

Chihoon looked at the watch on his wrist. "Just a few minutes till seven. Students should already be coming at this time." 

We looked outside the gym windows and saw a few students entering the campus grounds. I noticed a familiar figure walking up the stairs. 

"Umm, I'm going to talk to someone for awhile," I said. "I'll be back soon." I ran down the steps and across the gym floor. I opened the doors and looked around. He was already walking up the stairs and I ran towards him. 

"Wooyoung!"

***

*Jinyoung's POV*

I don't know why I keep worrying about Soyoung. On my way to school, I was with war with myself; wondering if I should call to see if she's okae or just wait until school starts and see if she shows up or not. I pulled out my phone and dialed her number. I hesitated before pressing the call button. Should I... I shook my head and pressed the call button. It rang twice before she answered.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Soyoung are you alright?" I asked worryingly. 

"I'm fine now. I have a bit of a stuffy nose, but other than that I'm fine," she replied. I sighed in relief.

"Wae? Were you worried?" She asked.

"Of course I was worried!" I stopped and realized what I said. "I mean, I just wanted to make sure because I don't want to be alone in class today." I smacked my head. What am I saying?

"What was that sound?" Soyoung asked.

"Nothing. Nothing at all," I said as I rubbed my forehead. "When are you coming to school."

"I'm leaving right now actually," she replied. 

"Okae. I'll see you at school then."

"Okae~ Bye-bye," and then she hung up. 

I just stood there and stared at my phone. Why do I keep worrying about her? Do I...? I shook my head. No. I took a few steps forward and stopped. Do I?

I continued walking to school with so many thoughts in my head. Sometimes I would be thinking about what happened last night. They couldn't have seen me. What are they even doing here in the first place? I messed up my hair in frustration.

"You okae Jinyoung?" 

I looked up and I didn't even realize I was already in my classroom. One of my classmates, Shinwoo, was in front of me waving a hand in my face. We were grouped together for a project yesterday. He's a pretty cool guy. 

"Yeah," I said and moved passed him. "I just have a headache." I walked to my seat and slumped down. I looked around the classrooms and I noticed that the place looks cleaner. The floors were mopped, the tables were whipped, the chalkboard was completely clean.

"Why does the school look clean? Like, cleaner than usual?" I asked.

CNU, he prefers to be called by his nickname, looked around the room. "Oh, you mean this." He looked back to me and gave me a look.

"What?"

"You don't remember?" He asked.

"Remember what?" 

"That another high school is coming over today, Soomin High.We were talking about it yesterday. It was a bit last minute."

I felt my heart sink once the name was spoken. It felt like there was a lump in my throat and I had a hard time speaking. "W- what school?"

"Soomin High School," CNU repeated. "They're a school just a little outside of Seoul. From what I head, our principal, and their principal know each other and thought about combining schools."

I gave him a look of disbelief. "Combining schools?"

"Yeah, well not right now, but if their school likes our school, then they thought about merging and becoming just one school. Like our school would be the main branch and their school would be one of the smaller branches."

CNU was explaining to me but I wasn't even listening. I just kept repeating one thing in my head: Please let them not be here. Please let them not be here. Please let them not be here. It seemed like a stupid wish that I hope would come true, but I know it won't.

"Jinyoung~" 

I snapped back to reality and saw Soyoung in front of me. "Are you okae?" She asks. 

"I should be asking you that," I said. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm better. Like I said earlier, a bit of a stuffy nose, but I'm still good." She said with a smile. 

I sighed in relief and smiled. "That's good." 

She smiled and went back to her seat. 

"I've been meaning to ask you," CNU said as he took a seat besides Jinyoung. "Do you like Soyoung?"

I shot a look at CNU. I felt my face burn up. "I-" I started to say then stopped. I asked myself the same question. Do I like her? "I... do not know," I said.

"Well, Soyoung's pretty and nice," CNU said. "And I think she likes you, but I doubt she knows it herself." 

I looked back at Soyoung was just sitting quietly at her desk, looking at the decorations. She... likes me? 

I felt someone hit my back. "It's okae," CNU said. "In time, you both will understand your feelings."

"What?"

"Nothing~" CNU sang and took his seat near the window. 

This guy is weird. I rolled my eyes and turned back to face the front. At that moment, our teacher came in and walked straight to the front of the room. She didn't speak a word as she wrote down a sentence in big font across the board. She then took different colored chalk and randomly decorated the board. Once she was finished, she set down her chalk and wiped off the chalk dust off her fingers. She looked at us and smiled.

"Good morning class!" She greeted us with a big smile.

"Good morning Moon seonsaengnim," the class greeted back.

"I know it's a bit last minute, but you've all heard the news about Soomin High School coming over today right?"

Some silently nodded their head, some shouted out a "Ne~", others looked around clueless, and I tried hard not to run out of the classroom. 

"Yes well, there has been some talk about our school, Jihwan High School and Soomin High School, merging together and becoming one school. Jihwan High School would be the main branch, and Soomin High School will be the first school among others that would be a smaller branch." Moon seonsaengnim began explaining. "Nothing is official right now, but it's a good opportunity for us and them. I hope that all of you can be on your best behavior." 

"Yes~" the class chorused.

Moon seonsaengnim clapped her hands and smiled. "Okae then. We're heading to the gym to welcome them. And stand in a straight line!" 

Everyone got out of their seats and headed for the door. I saw Soyoung walking out and I quickened my pace. I squeezed passed a few guys so that I could be right behind Soyoung. She turned around and I stood behind her and smiled. She smiled back. I don't know why, but I just want to be close to her right now. Maybe because I have this feeling like I could just bolt out of this place any time soon. I looked at the back of Soyoung's head. At least when I'm around her I feel more calm. I shook the thoughts out of my head. Get a hold of yourself Jinyoung. There are more than a hundred Seniors at this school. There's no way they can spot you so easily. 

"Hurry up!" An irritated voice said behind me.

I turned around and saw an irritated guy behind me. "Go!" He yelled.

I turned around and saw the line was moving already.

"Ah! I'm sorry!" I apologized and ran to catch up with the others. We walked quietly to the gym along with some other classes. Teachers were at the front doors, directing where we should sit. I stepped into the cool, vast room and saw rows and rows of chairs occupying the entire gym. The chairs were separated into two sides, with a large space between them. One side was for our school and the other side was for Soomin High. I followed the line and we sat around the middle of the place. 

I took a seat next to Soyoung and we waited for the other school to come. I couldn't seem to keep still. I kept shaking my leg, tapping my foot, looking back every once in awhile. I kept biting my lip out of nervousness. 

"Are you okae?" Soyoung asks.

"Huh? Uhh, I'm fine."

"You keep moving a lot. Are you nervous?"

I scoffed. "Why would I be nervous?"

Soyoung shrugged. "Well, a school full of people we don't know are coming to our school to observe us and see if they like us or not. It can be a bit nerve-racking."

"I guess..." I was still nervous. The past kept rushing back to me even though I try to push it away. It won't leave me alone. No matter where I hide, it follows me. 

"Good morning students!" A big voice was heard around the room and the chatter died down. At the stage stood our principal standing behind the mic. 

*Miyeon's POV*

As the Principal was doing his announcements, I was lost in my own thoughts. The moment I came into the classroom, I didn't dare look behind me. Even when I knew he wasn't even there. And when he came, I didn't bother to turn around. From the time the class walked from the room to the gym, I didn't look back. I didn't want to see him or talk to him. We were sitting in the same row, but not next to each other like always. 

I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned my head and saw another friend of mine. "Oh Chunji... What is it?"

"Ah, nothing," he said. "It's just that you look... depressed." 

"Of course she's depressed," said the boy sitting next to him. "Miyeon and Sanduel are in a lovers' spat!" 

"Shut it Byunghun!" Chunji snapped. 

"Aish, I told you to call me L.Joe. L.JOE," he said loud and clear, earning him a few hushes from the people sitting around us.

"I'm sorry," L.Joe muttered while sinking into his seat.

Chunji smirked. "Ha. That's what you get. Just because you stayed in the States for a couple of years doesn't make you all that."

"At least my English grade is better than yours," L.Joe quickly replied. 

"Well at least my overall grade is better than yours!" Chunji snapped back.

"SHHH!!" The people around us hushed. 

The two sank into their seats and apologized. I giggled a little. 

"Are you sure you're alright Miyeon?" Chunji asked.

I nodded. "I'm sure." I turned my head and focused my eyes on the stage. I didn't feel fine at all. I wanted to talk to someone, but I'm in a fight with the one person who I tell everything to. The student council finished their introductions and the Principal resumed talking.

"Everyone," he said, "please welcome the seniors of Soomin High School!"

*Jinyoung's POV*

"Please welcome the seniors of Soomin High School!"

This is it. I bit my lip. I slowly stood up with the rest of my class. The double doors to the gym opened and a crowd of kids our age walked in. I remember how I used to wear those white blazers, black pants, dark green tie, and black blazer. Please don't see me. Please don't see me. Even though I was chanting that in my mind, my eyes were searching the crowd for familiar faces. 

The students of Soomin High took a seat and that was our cue to bow and greet them. They did the same and the assembly continued. The principal kept talking but I wasn't paying any attention. As if I was paying attention earlier. I kept looking to my right, down the aisles, searching for them. Why? I don't want to see them, yet I'm looking for them.

"Jinyoung, are you okae?" 

I snapped back to reality and saw Soyoung looking at me.

"I- I'm fine." I stuttered. 

"Well okae," she said, but the look she gave me was one that showed she didn't believe me.  

I stared at the floor and tried to keep my eyes focused there. Aish... Why am I like this? I messed up my hair in frustration. 

"With that said," the principal started to conclude his speech, "You have a ten minute break. You're allowed to show the students of Soomin High around. Please try to converse and make friends. And I want all of you, to be on your best behavior. I want no fighting or bad-mouthing to occur." He stopped and looked at around the gym. He gave a small smile. "Have fun!"

I saw everyone getting up and leaving the gym. What just happened? 

"What just happened?" I asked Soyoung as she got up. 

"You weren't paying attention?"

"Ahh, I spaced out."

Soyoung shook her head. "Well we have a ten minute break. We can show some of the students around the school, talk to them, make friends, and after that, class resumes and will be visited by one of their classes. So pretty much we're sharing the classroom the whole day." 

"Ohh..." I slightly nodded my head and began to search for those people again in the sea of students. 

"Do you want to show some of them around?" Soyoung asked me.

"No!" 

My harsh reply made Soyoung jump a little. 

"Mianhae," I apologized and got up. "How about we just go back to the classroom? It's too crowded here."

"Arasseo." 

We made our way outside of the gym and I felt the heat of the sun on my skin. I used my arm to block the glare of the sun from my eyes. I raised my head so that I can see where I'm going, but once I saw him I stopped. 

I felt Soyoung bump into me. "What's wrong Jinyoung?"

I heard her, but I couldn't respond. He still looked the same when I last saw him. Nothing much has changed except that his usual trade mark hat wasn't on his head anymore, revealing his shiny black hair. It felt like years since I last saw my best friend. 

"Baro!"


I am back after my short hiatus!! xD I was having this really bad writers block, and I couldn't write anything. I was stressing out so much because I have Creative Writing and I couldn't write anything creative!! ;A; But at least I'm getting cured little by little~

Ahhh!!! B1A4's comeback is almost here!!! xD I'm so excited!! OMG I saw their teaser! They're all so cute and Jinyoung's smile a;fdkljals;kdj;lkjklf I want their album!! 

On sadder news, it's only been three weeks since school started, but I'm already getting stressed out with piles of homework, studying for tests, and upcoming projects. Junior year is killing me! ;~; 

Ahhh~ I think this is all I have to say. I apologize for any spelling and grammar errors. Please comment! Tell me what you think!! Please? :3