Old Friends

This Is What Fate Gives You

*Jinyoung's POV*

“Baro!”

My heart started to race. I recognized that voice anywhere. Before, hearing her voice would make my day. Now, it brought back horrible memories that I wish I could erase from my mind. I wanted to run away, but it was as if my feet were glued to the ground. 

Hyorin ran to Baro, a smile on her face, but once she laid her eyes on me, the smile faded. One by one, I saw the rest of my friends appear right before me. I felt as if time stopped. Everyone passed right us, without having a care in the world. I was about to run away, but Soyoung’s voice held me back.

“Jinyoung, do you know them?”

I looked at her, and back to them. I put my hands on her shoulder. “Let’s go, I muttered. 

"Wha--" I pushed past other people and tried to back inside the building as fast as possible. 

"Jinyoung!" I snapped back to reality and realized that we were inside already. Soyoung was facing me with an angry expression. "What's wrong with you? Why did you suddenly leave like that? And I almost tripped! Are you even watching where you're going?"

I placed a hand to my forehead. This headache is getting worse. "I'm sorry."

Soyoung's expression softened up and she put a hand on my forehead. "Are you alright? Do you need to see the nurse?"

I pulled her hand away and rested my head on her shoulder. "I'm fine. I... I just wish I could forget everything."

*Soyoung's POV*

He rested his head on my shoulder. It caught me off guard. Why am I blushing? Why is my heart beating faster all of a sudden?

"I'm fine. I... I just wish I could forget everything," he whispered.

What... What does he mean by that? Jung Jinyoung, sometimes I just don't understand you at all. Even though we're friends, I feel as if there's a giant wall between us. I sighed and patted his head. "Let's go back to the classroom where it's less crowded." 

He picked up his head and nodded. 

"Are you sure you don't want to go to the nurse?" I asked. 

He shook his head and smiled. "I'm fine." He took my hand and smiled even more. "Let's go."

I wanted to cover my face. Is it obvious that I'm blushing? Again, my heart is beating faster. I looked at his hand holding mine and I remembered what Hyuna told me yesterday. I shook my head. Ani-- He couldn't... Could he? 

*No One's POV*

The group of friends from Soomin High Stepped inside into the main building. 

"It's so crowded," Baro complained. 

"I think we should go find which class we're in..." Hyorin said but trailed off. 

"What were you saying?" Baro asked but she wasn't responding. He followed her trail of sight to a familiar figure. His best friend Jinyoung was standing in the middle of the hallway, smiling, and holding some girl's hand. Baro looked back to Hyorin who was trying to hold back her feelings. She didn't like to talk about it, but he knew Hyorin still had feelings for Jinyoung. 

"Isn't that Jinyoung?" Someone said behind Baro. 

Baro sighed, "Believe it or not, but it's him."

"So this is the school he transferred to," another girl stated. "Figures, he would go to a school that's better than ours. Probably felt that our school was too 'low-class'." 

"Who's that girl he's with?" One boy asked. 

Baro shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, but she looks familiar." 

*Jinyoung's POV*

We headed back to the classroom and saw that some students from Soomin High were already there. I could spot some familiar faces, and they could spot me. The moment I stepped inside, friends, classmates, acquaintances, all swarmed around me and Soyoung. 

"Jinyoung! I haven't seen you in awhile," one boy said. I think his name is Jaehyo?"So this is the school you transferred to?"

I nodded. "Yeah, sorry about that. Leaving I mean."

"It's fine, but I have to admit that it did got a little hectic back there," Jaehyo said. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine now," I lied. 

He patted my shoulder. "That's good to hear. By the way, have you seen Hyorin, Baro, and the rest?" 

The smile I had painted on melted off. My expression darkened and I lowered my eye sight. 

"Oh, I guess you did. Sorry to remind you."

I painted the smile back on. "It's okae. I was bound to see them sooner or later anyways."

"Jinyoung, do you know these people?" Soyoung said with her small voice. 

Jaehyo noticed her and his expression perked up. "Oh~ Who's this?" He leaned over and gave a sly smile. 

"Ya!" I lightly pushed him away. "I know how you are with girls. Don't even think about touching her or I'll throw you down a hole." 

Jaehyo put his hands in protective mode. "Woah, sorry. I just wanted to say hi." He put his arms over my shoulder and whispered. "She wouldn't happen to be your new girlfriend?"

I pushed his arm away. "S-shut up. Go flirt with girls or something." I pretended to cough so that I could cover my red face, but Jaehyo already noticed. 

"Haha, I was right!" He started poking at my arm. "You're so funny when you're in love," he said loudly. Maybe a bit too loudly. 

I grabbed Soyoung's hand and led her out of the crowd. "Shut up," I said to him when I passed by him. 

I sat down in my seat and made Soyoung sit down in the desk next to mine. 

"Well someone is a bit overprotective," Jaehyo joked. 

"You know what? Why don't you--" I started to say but a small gust of wind was blown into my ear. "Gahh!" I jumped up and rubbed my ear. I heard laughing and when I turned around, I wasn't surprised to see Zico laughing his off. 

"Ya! What was that for?"

"Sorry, it's just that, I forgot how easily you get scared," Zico said in between laughs. He stopped laughing and noticed Soyoung sitting down. "Oh and who are you?" He sat down next to Soyoung and smiled. 

"Soyoung," she shly replied. 

For some reason I felt a bit annoyed. I stepped in between them and pushed Zico away. "Ya, go with Jaehyo and hit on some other girls." 

Zico smirked. "Aww, is little Jinyoung jealous?" He said with a baby voice. 

"That's it, I'm throwing you down that hole along with Jaehyo." 

"What's wrong with him?" Zico asked Jaehyo.

"He's just overprotective and jealous~" Jaehyo sang. 

Okae. They're really starting to irritate me. How did I become friends with them again? I grabbed them by the shoulders. "You know, there's a giant hole near the back of the school. I can take you there if you want." 

"Calm down," Zico said as he removed my hand.

"Yeah, we're just kidding," Jaehyo added. 

I sighed and sat back down. "Sorry. It's just that. I'm going crazy. I already ran into them once." I shook my head and hid my face in my hands. "I must be paranoid." 

Zico and Jaehyo patted my back. "It's okae. If anything does happen, you have us. You're real friends who stuck with you to the end and didn't back stab you," said Zico. 

I chuckled. "The funny thing is, the ones who I wasn't that close to were the ones who didn't back stab me, and the ones who I thought would be there for me were the ones who back stabbed me." 

*Soyoung's POV*

I sat quietly in my chair, listening on their conversation. Am I suppose to know about this? Is this some classified information I'm not suppose to know about? I watched as two of Jinyoung's friends comforted him. For some reason I have this empty feeling. I felt a bit sad. I still don't know anything about him. I don't know if I'll know anything about him. 

I stood up, but Jinyoung grabbed my wrist. "Where are you going?"

I forced a smile, "Back to my seat. Class is going to start soon. Besides, it seems like you want to catch up with your old friends." 

"Oh," Jinyoung pouted. "We'll hang out during lunch?"

I nodded my head and went back to my seat. I looked over to Jinyoung and more people started to surround him. He was smiling and laughing happily. I have never seen him like this. Soon, a crowd of Jihwan and Soomin students surrounded his desks. They were all laughing. I remembered Jinyoung saying that he was pretty popular at his old high school. And looking at the scene in front of me, I could tell.

I sighed and put my head down. I hope we can break this wall between us. 


Update~ I wasn't going to update this chapter yet, but I felt like it was getting too long so I cut it in half xD The other half will be Chapter 22~

Beuatiful Target has been stuck in my head ever since it came out! xD And Jinyoung is ruining my bias list! Not that I mind~ :3 xD

I apologize for any spelling or grammar errors. Comment please~ :3 Please??