Is It Too Late?

We Don't Choose To Love...

~ Changjo POV ~ 

After I left Ricky and L.Joe's appartment I slowly made my way to my own appartment thinking everything over and over again.

What was the matter with Yongguk? I have to get rid of him...

I can't keep on letting him destroy my life and let everything he does get to me and hurt me...

I believed Ricky! I knew he was being honest... I know Ricky all too well...

But that didn't make it hurt any less... He could have chosen anyone, yet he went for the most painful... Byunghun!

I had forgiven him but even though it wasn't his fault, it was something that I wouldn't forget all so easily.

I love Ricky and I want to be with him... But at the same time it is still so painful.

And when I look in his eyes I always go back to that moment when he confirmed he was in love with L.Joe... Even if he was lying in that time it still brought tears in my eyes everytime...

I quickly cleaned my face with my sleeve, erasing any trace of my tears and realized I was already at the door of my appartment.

I unlocked the door and walked in throwing my belongings on the coffee table and quickly making my way to the bed.

I decided to take a nap and think about it later, when my brain has had his so needed rest.

------

~ L.Joe POV ~ 

"That's when I took off running to meet you at the coffee shop! I needed to tell you... I needed to have you back... Is it too late?"

I had been walking around the park hand-in-hand with Chunji explaining everything in the best way that I could, trying not to leave out any details so that there wouldn't be any more reasons for me and Chunji to fight...

I had gone down to the depth of my memory and also told him about all my past stories with Changjo...

About B.A.P, about his ex girlfriends... Everything...

After our long talk, it had been almost an hour of talking, and still Chunji was just looking at me speechless not knowing what to say next...

"Byunghun... I have no idea how to react to all of that... About Changjo's past, I had no idea... He had never talked much about his ex girlfriends... And... Why didn't you tell me about this before?" He covered his face with his hands while I used my own to rub the back of my neck.

"As I told you, I wasn't so sure about what that was... I was pretty sure Ricky wasn't in love with me and I wanted to figure out what was going on before letting Changjo confess to him... And I didn't want to pull you into the mess too..."

He kept on rubbing his face probably in deep thought.

"Byunghun..." He whispered after a few seconds of an akward silence "Let's rewind, okay? You told me that Ricky is in your appartment talking to Changjo at the moment, right?" I nodded and he went back to his thinking.

"If everything goes according to plan, they'll probably get together... If not, then both of them will be hurting and Yongguk wins once again... But that's not the main point..." He stopped for a minute and leaned in closer to me "First, there's us! And as long as you don't lie to me anymore and talk to me about this things!" He said pecking my lips "I could have helped you!" He added pouting a bit.

He intertwined his fingers with mine and started walking once again both of us looking at the ground.

"Then there's Ricky and Changjo... I really want to help Changjo to be happy... Specially after you told what happened with his ex girlfriends! Jesus I feel terrible now..."

"Why? Would you have chosen differently?" I looked at him playfully but honestly wanting to know the answer "Would you have stayed with him?"

"I don't know Byunghun... Probably not, because I knew I had fallen for you... And even if I didn't physically cheat on him I would still be mentally cheating on him which is almost the same... So we would probably break up anyway! But nevertheless he's over it now and we need to get those two together!"

I was fighting in my head wether I liked his answer or not but quickly replaced it with another question...

"I don't know if we should interfer with this relationship anymore... Specially me! I don't want to ruin it for them!"

He looked at me and seemed lost in his thoughts for a bit but then he nodded.

"Yeah, you're right... We should probably stay out of it!" He pouted a bit "But I'll try and talk to Changjo to see how things are going and give suggestive hints about it!"

I lightly laughed at this.

Chunji was never one to 'stay out of it'. Even when he said he would.

"So... We're fine now?" I asked wanting to confirm it one last time.

"Yeah Byunghun... We're fine! But you better fight for this or else I won't just break your heart this time! I'll send Niel and Minsu to break all your bones too!" He said playfully pushing me to the side.

I quickly turned wrapping my arms around his waist and pulling him close to me.

I leaned in and kissed his lips with the passion that had been missing in our kisses for the past weeks.

I missed this passion!

I missed this type of kiss!

Our type of kiss!

We kissed for a few minutes the only sound we heard was the fountain situated in the middle of the park that was actually right beside us.

In that moment I couldn't hear the people talking and whispering about us, even though I knew they probably were.

I coudn't feel anything but Chunji's arms around my neck and his lips on mine.

I was so lost in the moment I barely heard the footsteps coming in our direction and stopping right beside us.

I carefully broke the kiss and looked aside to see the two new guys from the B.A.P group.

"Hey!" The taller guy said with a smirk "Remember me?"

I quickly placed my body in front of Chunji and felt his hands grabbing at the back of my shirt tightly.

"No need to be all protective, we're just here for a walk..." It was the smaller's turn to talk.

"Then why don't you and your tall friend go on with your walk and leave us alone?" I spat already pissed off by their presence.

"The name is Himchan!" He said a bit irritated but his smirk quickly returned to his face "So you finally decided to come out of the closet? Yongguk was right about him!" He said nudging the smaller boy "Guess you own him some money Jongup!"

"He made a bet about my uality?" I asked between greeted teeth.

I am so sick of Yongguk and B.A.P!

They're everywhere!

... Why won't they just disappear from my life?

"Of course he did!" Himchan laughed loudly "Since you got back he didn't talk about anything else! He was always trying to talk to his friends that go to the same school as you to get information!"

As Himchan stopped talking Jongup quickly followed "You didn't really convince him when you said you wanted to be a model and everything! We followed you and found out where you live! And we totally knew it was you that night in the bar! It was pretty damn obvious!" They looked at each other and started laughing and I just wanted to punch their faces until Yongguk won't recognize them anymore!

I felt Chunji's arms wrapping around my waist from behind and tightly grabbing me.

"Please Byunghun just ignore them... Let's get out of here... I don't want you to get hurt..."

The fear in his voice was enough to calm me down.

It made me remember everything Chunji and Changjo had told me about B.A.P and all the terrible things they had done to them...

I didn't want Chunji to go through that ever again.

"You know what? I don't care..." They both looked at me surprised and confused "You can go back to your hide out or whatever and just tell Yongguk that I am indeed gay! I came out! I'm dating Chanhee and I'm happier than I've ever been in my life! I freaking love him and there's nothing you guys can do to change that! So you better find another hobbie 'cause following me will get boring and disgusting to you! I won't do much besides being with him and kissing him and being lame and cheesy with him... And I guess that's it... Good luck with your lives and make sure to be happy making other peoples lives miserable because of something they can't chose! If you can still sleep at night after all of this... Then I don't think there's anything good about you and there's no cure for you... I give up on fighting you guys... It would be useless! Let's go Chanhee!" I turned around grabbing Chunji's hand and started walking away.

"Hey!" I turned around to see the taller guy waving at me "We'll stop following you... Good luck L.Joe!" I swear I could see a hint of a smile in his face but it disappeared as soon as it got there.

I didn't know if he was saying that because he understood what I meant or if he simply wasn't interested in following us around on our dates.

I didn't even know if he was being honest or if he was going to keep on following us. But in that moment he seemed to be saying the truth.

For the first time since I met him, he seemed honest.

And for now, that was enough for me.

"Thanks!" I gave them my smile and the smaller guy aderessed earlier as Jongup smiled back at me with an wide honest smile. Himchan just stood straight nodding at me with a faint smirk that never seemed to leave his face.

I had no idea why they were being nice but it trully didn't matter... I was happy! Chunji was happy!

Now it's time for Ricky and Changjo to also be happy.

I walked Chunji home kissing him goodnight and then walked back to my own appartment.

When I got in, I was so immersed in my thoughts about what happened after I told everything to Chunji that I even forgot about what happened with Ricky and Changjo in the morning.

I was walking to our shared bedroom and I placed my hand on the doorknob turning it and kept on walking assuming the door would open.

Bad choice.

I went head first against the door, slamming my whole body against and falling to the ground afterwards.

"Jesus Ricky, come on!" I growled sitting on the floor, my hands grabbing my aching head.

I heard the door unlock and when I looked up I saw Ricky in his pijama's looking down at me.

"Sorry hyung... Are you okay?" He kneeled down next to me and examined my head in search of anything more serious but didn't find anything.

"Don't worry about it...  I didn't hit very hard anyway!" I got up and helped him up finally stepping inside my room for the first time in two entire days "How did things with Changjo go?"

Ricky smiled sadly sitting down on his bed "Well I guess... He said he had to think about... Us... But at least he forgave me... He's just not sure if wants to be in a relationship at the moment..."

I could hear in Ricky's voice that he was about to cry again so I quickly stripped off my pants and shirt.

"Hyung, what are you doing?" He asked looking at me surprised with wet eyes.

"Let's sleep together tonight okay? I'll let you cuddle with me!" I said sitting next to him in the bed and tickling him until he layed down.

I layed down next to him pulling the covers over us and remembering the first nights I spent here, when I was still getting to know Ricky...

I knew him now!

He was like my little brother and I care so much for him!

I'll help you Ricky I promise!

And that was my last thought before falling asleep with my arms around Ricky's waist pulling him strongly against my chest as if to protect him from the world.

-------

~ Changjo POV ~

I had been looking around the school for L.Joe but he was nowhere to be seen.

We had agreed to have lunch together with Yongguk, Zelo, Daehyun and Youngjae but they said they hadn't seen him either.

I told them they could eat without us and that I would go and find him and we'd have lunch later but it had been half an hour and no one had seen him.

I decided to just take my food and eat by myself in the rooftop.

That's where we always ate together before we joined B.A.P. We loved the wind and the silence, no one would bother us and we could just talk about anything not having to worry about any one listening to our conversation.

As I climbed up the stairs I slipped my phone out of my pocket and decided to text L.Joe to let him know where I was.

A few seconds after I clicked the send button, I heard L.Joe's ringtone sounding from the other side of the door.

I carefully opened the door and saw his backpack, along with a girl's bag, on the ground by the door.

And as I looked up I saw L.Joe sitting next to a girl a bit further away.

But it wasn't just any girl...

It was the girl I had been crushing on for the past 8 months.

They had their back turned towards me, while her head rested on his shoulder and they didn't seem to notice my presence.

I could see L.Joe's earphones connected to his phone which rested by his side, that meant they were probably sharing them and listening to some stupid song together and that's why they didn't hear the door.

She had her hand on the ground to support her weight and his hand was resting on top of hers.

"So I bet you didn't call me all the way up here just to show me this place!" He said turning a bit to look at her.

"You're right... There's something I've been wanting to tell you for a while..." With her free hand she started playing with the string of the earphone, probably nervous.

I knew where this was heading, but I couldn't move.

I had to know what he would tell her... I needed to see his reaction...

"I kind of have this huge crush on you and I hope you feel the same..." She looked up to meet his eyes and I felt my eyes getting wet.

He suddenly leaned down and kissed her and I was left there looking from the doorway with my eyes burning from the tears.

They kept on kissing for a few minutes, and although I should have left to give them privacy, I couldn't...

I couldn't believe my own two eyes... I had thought that at least he would reject her... Or tell her that he also liked her but couldn't accept her feelings because of me...

I knew I had no right to ask that from him... but how else would I feel... I was just teen with a broken heart watching his long-time crush kiss his bestfriend in the rooftop...

Our special place...

And I was just standing there watching, while fat tears run down my cheeks.

They moved a bit while kissing, and he pulled her to his lap. She was now turned to me with her eyes closed, lost in his lips.

He broke the kiss and kissed her forehead, finally lifting her head to look her in the eyes.

She had her eyes closed, but quickly opened them when the question that pierced my heart left his lips.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" She looked at me and covered with both her hands.

As L.Joe turned around and saw me his face quickly turned dark.

We looked into each others eyes for a few seconds, my eyes filled with hate and hurt, his filled with regret and guilt.

"Changjo!" I heard my name being called, but it wasn't L.Joe's voice...

It was Ricky's voice...

I finally looked away from L.Joe's eyes and the girl had disappeared. The only person now sitting in L.Joe's lap was Ricky... 

I looked back at the bags on the ground and saw Ricky's backpack beside L.Joe's...

"Changjo I'm sorry!" L.Joe finally spoke as I fell to the ground crying my heart out with my hands covering my face.


I woke up shaking and quickly sat up.

I looked over at the clock on the bedside table and it read 2:58AM.

I noticed Chunji already sleeping on the couch where I had been sleeping since our break up. He must have slept there since I was sleeping here.

I got up and started pacing around the room trying to calm down but feeling the tears already wetting my eyes.

"! I've been crying so much lately!" I half yelled, half whispered, so I wouldn't wake Chunji up.

I had not thought about that girl for a long time...

That moment was when it all started... The first girl that I had really liked who had started dating L.Joe... They broke up rather quickly though with L.Joe saying that I was more important to him than any girl and that he wanted to fix things with me.

I forgave him and we both got over her but it hurt me so much what happened in that day in the rooftop...

As I was rewinding the dream in my head, I remembered Ricky...

Ricky was there too... He was the 'girl' who was kissing L.Joe in the dream... The girl became Ricky...

But I don't want Ricky to become the girl... I don't want the same to happen all over again...

I had lost so many girlfriend for the same 'I fell in love with L.Joe I'm sorry' crap... Even Chunji...

I couldn't let him take Ricky away from me... This time I won't let it happen!

This time I'll make sure that Ricky is mine and only mine.

I grabbed my phone and quickly dialed Ricky's number.

It took him a few rings before he pick but as soon as I heard the beeping stop I spoke.

"Ricky!"

"Changjo!" He seemed surprised.

"Is it too late?"

"Well, yeah!" With that I held my breath "It's 3 in the morning so it's a bit late... But if you were talking about my feelings... No... It's the perfect time as long as you want it too..."

All the air I was holding inside my lungs, quickly left my body in a relived sigh.

"I love you Ricky..." I whispered to the phone.

"I love you too Jonghyun..." And that was enough.

We spent the rest of the night, talking on the phone about the smallest things.

The hours we spent on the phone made me realize how much he meant to me and made me forget about all the past.

We would start from zero.

This would be the first day of the rest of our lives.

 

------

A/N: OMFG!!! SORRY!!!

SCHOOL HAS KEPT US SO BUSY!!!

But here you go with a small chapter! I'm not sure if this is the end or not but if it isn't it's very close! ;) (not sure if this is bad or good bc you wont have to wait for our take-forever updates TT.TT)

If this is the end, don't worry bc there will be at least a bonus chapter! :p

But oh well :) Here it is! It took a while but there you go with a small chapter just to get you back at the story before we start writting the final chapters :p

Hope you like it >.< Let us know what you think :) (Are u guys still reading?? xDDD)