The Consequences

We Don't Choose To Love...

I was walking home, on the cold, with Ricky by my side.

I could honestly say, this was the best and the worst Christmas of my life.

I finally kissed Chunji and admitted my feelings for him, but now, he had to choose between me and Changjo.

He'd have to break either mine or Changjo's heart.

And that's where the part of 'the worst christmas comes in'...

 

Flashback:

I felt Chunji kissing me back and my heart jumped.

It was amazing...

The feel of his soft lips slidding against mine.

I pulled away after a few moments looking at his brown deep expectant orbs.

"Finally..." He muttered a smile appearing in his face.

"L.Joe..." I heard Ricky whispering and just then did I remember that both he and Changjo were still in the room with us.

Chunji must have forgotten too 'cause he was looking at Changjo with wide eyes.

"Changjo, I'm so sorry..." He muttered his eyes filling with tears.

Changjo was looking down his bangs covering his eyes.

I could bet his was fighting back the tears.

He always got too attached to people but ended up getting hurt.

Guilt built up inside of me.

He always feel in love with the wrong person, and now that he finally found someone that loved him back, I came and pulled him away.

I just wanted to go back in time...

But the worst is... I know I'd do the exact same thing...

He looked up, his expression was dark...

He wasn't crying, but his eyes were teary.

"Since we were kids..." He started breaking the silence "Since we were kids... All the girls I confessed to gave me the same ing answer... 'Sorry... I like BYUNGHUN!'" He yelled the last part scaring everyone in the room including me "I can't believe it... I fought so much for this love!"

He was now screaming directing his gaze for me "I gave up my friends, I gave up my family... I GAVE UP MY LIFE FOR HIM! Because I love him... And now... Once again... You came mess EVERYTHING UP by making him fall for you..." Changjo was crying now.

"It's not his fault, I..." Chunji tried but Changjo cut him off.

"Don't Chunji... Don't you even try to explain!" He said now looking at him "I've had enough of the same excuses."

Chunji was also crying by now, his sobs echoing in the silent room.

I went to him and hugged him close to my chest.

"I gave up everything for you... And it lasted 3 years... During 3 years you really made me believe we could be forever... That you were the one... I even thought of marriage! !" He slammed his hands in the dinner table.

His back was facing us but we could see his shoulders shaking.

"I'm sorry... I know this won't ease your pain, but it's true... I really am... And if it was my choice I wouldn't fall for him and he wouldn't fall for me... But now it's too late and this is all I can do... Say that I am honestly sorry... Changjo if you don't want us to be together just say and we..."

Chunji was sobbing really hard by now and this was making my heart hurt even more.

"You can do whatever you want!" Changjo said while he walked to the bathroom slamming the door shut.

We stayed like that for a while, Chunji in my arms crying his heart out while I hold him close letting my tears silently leave my eyes.

And Ricky, watching with a sad expression.

After some time, Chunji had calmed down but Changjo was still locked in the bathroom.

"You should go it's almost 1AM already..." Chunji quietly said surprising me.

We have been like this for half an hour... I was holding him for half an hour...

That made me smile slightly.

"Yeah... Will you be alright?" I asked worried for him.

"Yeah..." He said faking a smile which made me want to stay with him.

My heart was broken with all this mess.

I had hurt my best friend and the guy I like...

"I'm sorry..." I said for the nth time tonigth.

Chunji got up walking to the kitchen, coming back with a plastic bag.

"It's okay, don't worry too much... You did well... We couldn't keep on doing it... Pretending... While you pretended not to love me and I pretended not to love you, we were lying to Changjo... And avoiding it would only hurt him and us even more... You did good, maybe not just in the right way for Changjo... It was too sudden..." He had tears in his eyes again, but this time he was also smiling "It was the right way for me..."

I smiled at that.

He started putting some of the presents that were under the tree, inside the plastic bag.

After he was finnished he handed me the bag "These are the presents we bought for you..." I felt horrible for ruinning the christmas.

I grabbed the bag and we walked to the door.

As me and Ricky were walking out, I turned around.

"Does this mean we are together now?" I asked confused.

"I'll talk to Changjo to see how he is, okay? As you said... We already hurt him enough... If he's not okay with it, then maybe we should wait some time for him to get over this... And then we can be together... I mean... I am willing to wait to be with you... I love you..."

As he said this he blushed and looked at the ground.

"I love you too..." I grabbed his hands and placed a soft kiss on his forehead "And I'm willing to wait to be with you too, Lee Chanhee..."

This time I grabbed his face and kissed him fully on the lips.

As I pulled away, I smiled softly at him.

"See you tomorrow..."

"Bye..." He replied returning the soft smile.

We turned around and closed the door.

End of flashbak:

 

So now we were walking home in the cold street.

Ricky hadn't said a word to me and I was getting worried.

"Ricky-ah? Do you think I'm a bad person?" I asked thinking he might hate me for hurting Changjo.

"No..." He said shortly not assuring me "I'm just surprised... Why didn't you tell me that like Chunji?"

We were both looking at the snow with our hands in our pockets each of our breaths turning into smoke and fading away because of the cold air.

"I wasn't even sure myself... Well... At some point I was, but I was afraid any of them would find out, so I kept it to myself... I'm sorry Ricky..."

Just then did I realize he wasn't walking by my side anymore, and as I was about to turn around I felt him hugging me from behind.

"Hyung... You know you can trust me! I wouldn't tell them..."

I turned around and hugged him.

"I know Ricky... Let's go home and open the presents okay? It's freezing!"

Ricky's smile widdened and he quickly grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards our appartment.

"What do you think Changjo got me?"

I laughed.

"I have no idea Ricky-ah" I said trying to keep up with his pace.

"I can't wait to find out..." He said excited while running happily up the stairs and inside our appartment.

At least Ricky was happy...

-------------------------------------------------

Sorry this one is so short but we really have to study we're doing our best okay? Sorry :c