Not Again...

We Don't Choose To Love...

A/N: To anyone who has read the last chapter BEFORE I updated this one! You better recheck it because I changed a few things ^.^

----------------------------------

 

~ L.Joe POV ~

I was getting worried about Ricky... It had a been a long time since he went out to buy the popcorn...

I was in the middle of my third lap around the room when I heard the click of the door.

I turned to see Ricky and smiled to myself.

"Ricky are you okay?" I asked since he was a bit pale.

"Yes I'm fine!"

The way he was looking at me, he looked a bit distracted.

We quickly prepared the popcorn and went to sofa to see the movie we had chosen.

We were halfway through the movie when Ricky's small whisper made me jump slightly.

"L.Joe hyung..."

His voice had something really weird in it but I couldn't quiet tell what it was.

And when I looked him in the eyed I realized that his eye had a little twinkle too... But again I didn't know what it was...

He was acting so weird, and I wanted to know why?

"Are you okay Ricky-ah?" I asked slowly.

"There's something I got to tell you..."

With the way he said those words, he made it sound like he was about to confess to me that he was pregnant or something...

Which made me slightly worried.

"What is it Ricky?" I asked cautiously.

"I-I.... I think I...."

He then looked at his fingers resting in his lap and took a deep breathe looking at me again 

"I love you" He told me and my eyes went wide.

We stayed there looking at each other, I didn't know what to say...

"Oh, I love you too Ricky-ah!" I said winking at him and pulling him into a hug.

I don't know how I managed to let those words spill from my mouth but I did.

And I was really scared of what I would get in return.

"No hyung..." He pushed himself out of my embrace "I mean like love... I really do love you... Not like a friend or a brother... I really do..."

I couldn't believe my ears... This couldn't be right...

How could I do this to Changjo? It's the second time this happens!!! I'm such an awful friend.

Second time I mean... This year... Because if I count the times before I left to America then it's way more than it should've been from a friend...

I was not sure of what I should do now...

"I'm sorry Ricky... You know how I love Chunji... And you said you were in love with Changjo... God Ricky..." I didn't mean to sound to pissed but I did... I felt terrible...

"I-I know... I just..." As I looked at him he was looking confused and lost.

"Look, let's forget about this and just go to bed... I don't feel like talking about this will take us any further..." I really wanted to avoid this topic...

I got up and just prepared to sleep and laid on my bed with my back turned to Ricky.

I couldn't take it! Being there listening to Ricky saying that he loved me and not Changjo when Changjo finally realized he loved him...

Ricky has loved for such a long time... And god, he loved him so much! I mean... He looked like a school girl when they have their first crush!

When they think they'll never get over him and they can't live without him... Always talking and thinking and dreaming about them...

He can't get over him just like that..

Something was missing here but until I find out what it is, I can't let Changjo confess to Ricky... I can't let him get hurt...

I knew Changjo and I knew he wouldn't confess to Ricky just like that in a class through a ticket or in a crowded hallway so he would take him to be alone!

I had to stop him... I couldn't let them be alone...

Alright... That's what I'll do tomorrow...

I can't hurt Changjo again... I have to find a way of making things right... But before I do, I can't let Changjo confess to Ricky...

--------------------

In the next morning I spent the whole class waiting for the bell to ring and thinking of ways to get Changjo not to confess.

I had my things all packed up, five minutes before the bell rang and as it rang I quickly kissed Chunji's cheek telling him I had to go.

I left Chunji with a really confused expression in his face, but I really didn't have to explain, I had to find Changjo.

"Hey Changjo!" I yelled as I saw him by the end of the hallway.

I ran closer to him and Ricky and saw his annoyed expression.

"I was thinking maybe we could have lunch together today!" I said way too happy.

"Yeah I guess... But I really want to show something to Ricky outside okay?" He winked at me and I knew why he was winking but I had to pretend I didn't!

"Outside? But it's freezing... We're still in the winter... You'll catch a cold!" I rubbed my hands up and down my arms to emphasize what I meant.

"It's okay, we have enough coats and it will be quick, right Changjo?" Ricky said excited but I couldn't let him do this.

"I don't think that's a good idea Changjo!" I said looking him straight in the eye, hoping for him to get what I meant.

"Why not? I think he would like that!" He said giving me the same look.

He understood it...

"I think you should give it a time and wait! Believe me! It would be way more surprising if you let him wait for it a bit more..." 

"But you were the one who told me yesterday it was a great idea to show him today! And that he'd love it!"

"But I also think it would be way more surprising and that he'd love it even more if you waited awhile!"

"Are we still talking about the thing Changjo wanted to show me?" Ricky asked confused.

"Yes!" Me and Changjo answered at the same time, never taking the eyes off of each other.

"I don't get it... Why did your opinion change so suddenly?" Changjo asked.

I was trying to think of an answer when the bell rang.

"Maybe we should go to class now..." Ricky said grabbing Changjo's arm.

"Yeah... Maybe I should leave it for later..." Changjo smiled at Ricky "We need to talk!" He directed the last part to me.

"Sure!" I smiled at the both of them and left for my class were Chunji was with a mad expression.

"Were the hell were you?" He whisper-yelled at me as I set my things down at the desk.

"I was talking to Changjo... It was important, I'm sorry!" I said grabbing his hand.

"It's okay... You could have told me though..." His smile always made me feel better.

But my mood quickly fell with his question "Are we still having lunch together at that small restaurant nearby?"

"I invited Changjo and Ricky to come with us... If you don't mind..." I said this slowly so that he wouldn't be too sad.

"Oh... That's okay I guess..."

-----------------------------------

After that day, Changjo was really mad at me for not letting him confess to Ricky.

He came to talk to me by the end of the day, we sent Chunji to give Ricky a ride home and said we'd walk instead because we needed to talk.

Chunji looked sad but complied anyway.

He asked me a lot of questions and I gave him very few answers.

I only said that I think he should wait for a week or two to make it more surprising!

And that I thought it wasn't the right moment for his confession just yet.

He eventually trusted me even thought he wasn't much sure why I was saying this all now...

I started spending more time with Ricky and Changjo trying to figure out what happened with Ricky for him to have said that...

I couldn't really tell what was wrong...

Ricky seemed way too realistic about what he said...

I wasn't liking this 'new Ricky' at all... I wanted the old 'annoying, always talking about Changjo, filling my ears and head with how he and Changjo had fun dancing in the studio at night when they were kids' Ricky back!

I desperately needed that Ricky back! And I had to find a way...

--------------------

"Ricky... When did you stop loving Changjo?" I asked casually from my spot on the sofa.

It was during the weekend, he was watching TV and I was reading a book.

He looked taken aback for a while but eventually answered "I don't know... I just realized I didn't feel the same thing for him anymore... And notice I felt different about you..."

"But we are nothing alike! Not physically nor our personalities! I start to think it's Chunji's boyfriends you are chasing after..."

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean!?" He asked looking offended.

"I just don't understand Ricky! How can you get over him like that? Especially when he starts giving you more of his attention! When he got over his ex boyfriend and you have an opportunity? I just don't get it..."

I was getting really frustrated! I couldn't get Ricky to tell me what was going on and Changjo would soon get tired of waiting and just confess...

I quickly made my way to the bedroom and threw the door shut.

Oh god please help me! I don't want to destroy another of Changjo's confessions...

"I swear that if when Changjo confesses, Ricky says that he is in love with me, I'll pack my bags and go back to America..."

"I'm glad there's nothing here to stop you..." I heard Chunji's voice from the door.