What's This All About?

We Don't Choose To Love...

~ L.Joe POV ~ 

Yesterday I didn't see neither Changjo nor Ricky since lunch time and when I got home I was locked out of my own room and the only thing I got from Ricky was a little note slid from under the door telling me to sleep on the couch.

I was getting extremely pissed about all of this!

What was he doing?

I had tried to call Changjo but he didn't answer my calls nor did Ricky although he was just next door...

I complied and slept on the couch and this morning I went to shower and forgot that Ricky was still locked inside our bedroom... With my clothes...

I knocked on the door over and over again but to no vail.

"Come on Ricky! I'm freezing! I need clothes!" I said banging my clenched fists on the door.

I heard a knock on the door and questioned myself if it was Ricky from the other side but got my answer when I heard another knock and realized it came from the entrance door.

I looked down at my body, still a bit wet from the shower and only covered by a small towel around my waist.

"Ricky you won't get that? Please... I'm only wearing a towel..." I waited a few seconds but still got no answer from Ricky.

I walked through the door feeling uncomfortable to go open the door only wearing a towel but as I peeked through the small hole I saw Changjo and I didn't feel uncomfortable anymore.

"Ricky it's Changjo!" I screamed as I opened the door.

"Byunghun..." The way he said my name and the fact that he used my real name made me turn serious all of sudden.

Next thing I know, I feel his flying fist landing on my cheek and taste blood in my mouth.

"Yah Changjo! What was that for?" I said grabbing my towel that threatned to fall from my hips as I laid on the ground.

"That's why you didn't want me to confess! You knew already didn't you!"

... He knew already...

"Changjo..." Ricky's voice came from the door of the room.

I heard a sniffle and as I turned around I saw Ricky's red puffy eyes.

He had been crying...

"What are you doing here? Can we talk?" He tried to smile a bit but his eyes got teary again.

"Yeah.... I came here to talk! But after looking at his face it all came back to me and I don't feel like talking about it anymore..."

"Please... Let me explain it to you..." After saying this Ricky looked at me as if telling me to leave.

I got up and was about to leave when I realized I was still .

I quickly made my way to the room and closed the door.

"Changjo please sit..."

"I'm good thanks!"

I could hear their conversation.

"Okay... Just let me explain it all to you!"

"Please do, I'd love to hear your excuses as to way you've been confusing me and changing your crushes from day to day..." I could hear the sarcasm in his voice and I hated the way he was talking to Ricky but there was nothing I could do now....

They had to sort it out themselves...

"It's not that!" Ricky said, his voice cracking.

"Then what is it? Are you playing with me? Are you playing with my feelings? Is this just a game for you? Because, you know what? It's not just a game for me! I've been hurt so many times in the past and all of them with the same excuse that you gave me yesterday! Even Chunji... !"

I could hear in his voice that Changjo was crying now,

-----------------------

 

~ Ricky POV ~ 

"Then what is it? Are you playing with me? Are you playing with my feelings? Is this just a game for you? Because you know? It's not for me! I've been hurt so many times in the past all of them with the same excuse that you gave me yesterday! Even Chunji... !"

Changjo run his hand through his face cleaning the tears that were now falling from his eyes.

"No this is not a game! I'll tell you everything if you allow me to talk!" I said now trying to tell him to let me speak.

"Alright then... Go ahead... I'm all ears!" He finally took a sit on the couch.

On the other hand, I got up and started pacing around the room thinking of how to tell this story.

"First of all... I want you to understand that I do not love L.Joe, in any way more than a brother or a friend! And then, I want you to understand that I still love you!"

He then cut me off.

"Then what was all that yesterday about?" I gestured him to shut up and he did rolling his eyes.

"A few weeks ago I was walking home and met Yongguk and Zelo on the street by accident..."

Now he did look like he was getting something so I went on.

"Remember last time, when he sent the others to beat up my brother?" He nodded "Well, yeah... Somehow he knows I like you... And he said this time his target wouldn't be only my brother but also you... He said he doesn't like to see you happy, but we kind of knew that already didn't we?"

I sniffed as my tears rolled down my cheeks

"He wanted me to make everyone believe that I liked somebody else or he'd beat up both you and my brother..."

He was crying too "But why did it have to be LJoe... You know this topic is really sensitive... Especially with him..." He covered his face with his hands.

"I know... I only realized it too late..."

"How could none of you tell me this?" He sounded desperate as if we had lied to him all our lives.

"Hyung didn't know either... I didn't tell anyone... I was too scared..."

"Then that's why Zelo came up with all that strange talk yesterday... I was already wondering how he would know that you like somebody else before you had even told me..."

I was about to open my mouth when the door to the bedroom opened and LJoe hyung came out quickly waving goodbye and walking out of the appartment in a hurry.

I went to sit beside Changjo on the couch

"I really do like you..."

"I need to think about all of this Ricky... You know, I was really hurt yesterday when you told me that..."

"I know and I am so sorry... But it's okay... I'll give you time to think! Thank you for listening to me..."

He smiled sadly and waved goodbye before also leaving the appartment. 

As soon as the door closed I went straight to my room once again locking the door and throwing myself on the bed allowing the tears to fall.

-----------------------

 

~ L.Joe POV ~ 

Listening to Ricky telling all of that to Changjo I was really shocked...

I knew something was wrong but I wouldn't expect it to be something like this!

My buzzing phone brought me out of my thoughts and the nickname on the screen made my heart hurt..

From: Bae <3
10:18 AM
Niel talked to me...
I agreed to listen to you... Please don't lie to me Byunghun, because if you do, then there will be really no way for us...
Meet me at our coffee shop at 11 AM

I quickly grabbed my things and got ready to leave.

I opened the door and just then did I remember that Ricky and Changjo were still talking.

I cursed at myself and quickly waved them goodbye and run out of the appartment.

I'll tell you everything...

I know everything I need to know and I will tell you everything!

I have to win you back! I need you

So in that moment I only foccused on running to that coffee shop!

And I ran...

I ran for my life...

I can't lose you again, not anymore.