The 7th Imprint

My Life is a Disney Movie
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sunday

 

General Rain was posed with a difficult task. Should he attack the Vampire Fortress or should he wait another day? Both methods seemed like the better choice. However, strategically-

 

“Eun Mi?” Your mother knocked on your door. You closed the book about the Vampiric-Lycanthropic War and sat up in your bed.

 

“Yes, eomma?” Your mother poked her head through the door with a smile.

 

“Eun Mi, darling, could you head down to the grocery store? I would go but I have to finish dinner and you know I don’t like to trouble the maids to do it.” You nodded with a smile and bookmarked the page where you left off with a pencil since it was a borrowed book and not yours to keep.

 

“Sure, what do we need?” You walked out the door with your mother who handed you a list of items.

 

“Oh, thank you, darling. Extra ice cream for you!” She cupped your face and kissed you on your forehead. You grinned back at her and she rushed downstairs to the kitchen.

 

If there was one thing you adored the most about your mother, it was her good heart. The ugly truth about vampire women is that they grew up spoiled and vain. Vampires were mostly influential and it wasn’t a surprise that about three quarters of the population were rich millionaires. It’s because they’ve had a long life to gather so much money but the downside to that is that they always had to keep a low profile. Wouldn’t want the media finding out about immortal millionaires, anyways…

 

Ah, this is the first time I’m actually walking across the lawn and not sprinting across it like a gazelle.

 

“Please do not step on the grass, madam.” There was the automated voice you loved and hated.

 

“Try and stop me, loser!” You stuck your tongue out childishly at the sky and laughed as you reached the mini gate. You typed in the code and the gate opened automatically. You walked outside but paused to get your phone and headphones out. You plugged your headphones into your phone and searched for one of your favorite songs.

 

It’s War, Be Mine, The Chaser, Mona Lisa, Wedding Dress, Nalina, Pandora, Mirotic, Tonight, I Love You, The Boys, Mr. Simple, Electric Shock, Sherlock, ah-ha! MAMA, that’s the one!

 

You were simply in love with this boy group and there were number one on your list. When they debuted, you couldn’t believe that they would overtake SHINee but they did. They were just so quirky…though you wish that they would comeback soon. Nevertheless, you were a patient fan.

 

You mouthed the lyrics to the song while walking to the market. Your eyes weren’t looking in front of you except at the screen of your phone which currently showed the music video. Normally, one would skip the long intro but you didn’t care and just listened to it.

 

Careless, careless, shoot anonymous anonymous, heartless mindless, no who care about me~

 

You glanced up for a moment to see the market up ahead and looked back down. You were just enjoying twelve hot boys on your phone screen when suddenly you couldn’t hear D.O.’s long notes anymore and instead heard endless apologies from a male.

 

You stared shocked and broken-hearted at your phone that was on the ground with a cracked screen and the pixels haywire. MAMA was no longer on your screen. It was a black white screen with flecks of black and pink and green, the sign of a broken digital display. Your headphones lay strewn on the ground and thankfully they were unharmed but your phone…

 

My phone…why I outta-

 

You shot up with a glare that slowly fizzled into a look of shock and surprise at the male in front of you. He was tall but he had a baby face that didn’t match his voice which was apologizing to you relentlessly.

 

“I’m so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, sorry!” He kept bowing in regret. You sighed and crossed your arms, staring at the male with a deadpan look.

 

I’m not even afraid anymore…come on world; just toss all them princes at me!

 

“I’ll repay you. How much is your phone? How much do you need? How-” You cut him off with a hand to his shoulder and he slowly glanced up.

Chan Yeol’s P.O.V

 

I glanced up and I was met with the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen. Her porcelain skin sparkled slightly under the sun but from afar, it looked normal. Her lips were a pale pink that shimmered with lip gloss or lip balm. I don’t know. Her eyes were the most distinct feature of hers. It might be the sunlight but…there were small flecks of red amongst her charcoal eyes.

 

This must be that new girl in school, that vampire girl.

 

I don’t know why but I felt warmth and heat in me along with my flame that rested deep in my abdomen. I felt like protecting her and following her wherever she went. It was like gravity obliged me to follow her and stick to her like glue. I felt my eyes change and her eyes gazed at me curiously.

 

“Erm, your eyes are changing…” She pointed out. I glanced around and looked for a mirror. There was a mirror on a metal pole for drivers to use when on the road. I rushed to it and stared at my eyes in the mirror.

 

Did I just imprint on a vampire?

 

I should be panicking. I should be mad and angry. I should be flailing my arms around like a headless chicken…actually the image is pretty amusing…a headless Chan Yeol- okay, a little too gory… Anyways, I was surprising calm and happy.

 

I’m actually enjoying it. It actually feels great- no, wonderful.

 

“Hey, are you alright?” She asked from behind. I spun around and saw that she held her broken phone in one hand and her head phones in another.

 

Oh right…my klutzy broke her phone…

 

“How much does your phone cost?” I quickly fished out my wallet and skimmed through it to check how much I had on me.

 

“W-What, I mean, no, you don’t have to do that.” She laid her hand over mine and pushed it back to me. Her touch sent electricity up my spine and I stared at her in shock.

 

Wow…so is this how it feels like to imprint on someone? It felt like Chen zapped me whenever I kept breaking his cameras.

 

“But I have to repay you some way. I mean, I broke your phone.” I reasoned out and gestured to the cracked device in her hand.

 

“Oh, it’s nothing. I’ll just get a new one. But are you going to leave me now?” She averted her eyes and I titled my head in confusion.

 

“Wait, what?”

 

“Oh, I mean, everytime I meet one of your brothers and so far I’ve met seven including you, they always seem to want to talk to me but then leave in a rush. Well, the only exception being Baek Hyun sunbaenim…am I that bad to be around with?” She hung her head and stepped backwards. I resisted the urge to hug her and I clenched my fist tightly.

 

“No, I’m sure they have their reasons. In the mean time, I need to repay you in some sort of way so…are you heading anywhere? I’ll walk you.” I offered. She lifted her head with a bright smile that took my breath away.

 

“I’m just heading to the market.” She answered and I nodded. But I suddenly thought of a great way to repay her and I grinned blissfully.

 

“Hey, I can be your slave for this whole week!” I burst out and her eyes widened.

 

“Wait, what?! No, no, no, you don’t have to-” She shook her head exasperatedly.

 

“No, I have to. Think of it as a way to repay you for your phone.” I stepped towards her and the pulling became stronger. She looked doubtful and I bent down to her height.

 

“Please~” I pleaded with puppy dog eyes and I saw her resolve waver.

 

“If you don’t accept, I won’t be able to sleep and eat if I’m guilty.” I pouted and blinked my eyes. She sighed and rolled her eyes frustrated.

 

“Fine, but just for this week.” She relented and I mentally cheered and did a happy dance in my head.

 

“Um, sunbaenim…I didn’t think you’d be this happy to be my slave for a week.” I turned to her and I realized that I wasn’t mentally picturing my happy dance…I was actually doing it.

 

Awkward…but I still get a reason to spend more time with her.

 

“Oh, right, I forgot to introduce myself. Han Eun Mi imnida, a junior from Class A.” She introduced and bowed deeply.

 

“Chan Yeol imnida, a senior from Class B.” I introduced as well and returned her bow.

 

“You’re in the same class as Baek Hyun sunbaenim!” She grinned in realization and I nodded.

 

“That’s cool, now sunbaenim, please contain your…excitement to be my…slave.” She laughed awkwardly and turned around to walk to the market. I bit my lip and puffed my cheeks, containing my joy.

 

 

It doesn’t feel that bad being imprinted on a vampire…but what am I going to say to my brothers and my parents? I…should keep this a secret to myself.

Author’s P.O.V

 

You arrived at the market with Chan Yeol following you behind like a lost puppy. You bowed respectfully to greet the cashier and grabbed a cart.

 

“Woah there let me handle this.” Chan Yeol gently plucked your hands off the handlebar of the cart and stepped in front of you. You stepped backwards with a raised eyebrow.

 

“Um…okay…” You walked ahead of him with the list of items you needed in your hand.

 

Okay, I need sirloin steaks, potatoes, carrots, broccoli, red cabbage, Thousand Island dressing, and chicken broth. Oh wait, go get yourself some ice cream…oh, eomma, you’re the best.

 

“Let’s head to the vegetable section first.” You decided and walked towards the produce corner of the market.

 

“Yes, mam!” You spun around and he saluted you like a soldier not bothering to put his arm down.

 

 

“You are very…enthusiastic about being my slave.” You smiled in amusement and shook your head as you lowered his arm for him. He didn’t answer as he sped off without you to the produce section.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter