Twelve Dances

My Life is a Disney Movie
Please log in to read the full chapter

 “So, you do know how to dance.” I muttered to myself.

“We all do. Well, ballroom dancing was expected of us since we have to attend some many parties a year when we were younger.” Se Hun explained.

“Why don’t you attend anymore parties?” I questioned in curiosity.

“After the assassination attempt, it was a way to keep us safe so we only have one party a year.” He replied.

“Ah…” I trailed off. I didn’t notice that Se Hun and I were a little awkward with each other when we were alone. I realized that despite spending a lot of time with all twelve of them, I never spent time with each of them individually.

Maybe I should have dedicated more time to each of them.

“You know, I don’t think I actually properly thanked you for saving me that day. If I did then I’ll just thank you again. I wouldn’t have known what would have happened if you weren’t there on that day.” I thanked him gratefully, a sincere smile across my face.

“You don’t have to. What matters is that you’re alive and well. I was so worried that day,” His eyes full of worry bore into mine. “I thought I would lose you. I was avoiding you because I couldn’t face you. I didn’t know what I would have done if I had met you face to face. I’m sorry for not being there.” He glanced down and my eyes softened.

“Well, all that matters now is that you’re with me and that I love you and every one of your brothers.” I smiled and his expression brightened, hearing my confession. Five minutes passed by like the wind because Kris was tapping impatiently on Se Hun’s shoulder a moment later. Se Hun reluctantly let go of me and Kris stepped towards me, flushing me tightly against him.

“Hey, you.” He smirked as I grew bright red at how close we were. Se Hun was nice and innocent but Kris was rough and full of possession when he grabbed on to me.

“H-Hi.” I stuttered out flustered.

“Nervous around me?” He teased lightly.

“Nope.” I sang mischievously, my flustered thoughts soon forgotten as I got comfortable in his tight grip.

“Bummer, I actually thought you liked me for a moment.” He feigned hurt but I could tell that he was somewhat serious.

“Hey,” I stared intensely into his eyes. “I’m sorry if I’m not showing enough affection to any of you. Twelve boyfriends are a huge headache to handle.” I pouted.

“Oh, really, then how about you and I run away and elope that way you won’t have twelve boyfriends but just one?” He joked around and I laughed.

“In your dreams, mister tall-and-mighty, you better brush up on your drawing skills if you want to impress me.” I eyed him teasingly and he groaned in defeat.

“Sure, use my drawing skills, which are amazing by the way, to your advantage.” He rolled his eyes sarcastically. I giggled and he turned towards me with a soft smile.

“Did I tell you that I love it when you smile?” He flirted, leaning in closer.

“Did I tell you that I love it when you smile, you emotionless block of wood?” I answered back challengingly and he leaned backwards with a small smirk.

“Touché.” He shrugged light-heartedly. His five minutes passed and Lu Han came tapping on his shoulder.

“See you, love.” Kris winked at me charmingly and I played along by blowing him a kiss, which he caught and held it to his heart. Lu Han turned me away from Kris with a small pout and held me close to him.

“Since when did Kris get so playful?” He asked incredulously.

“Ever since I walked into his life.” I answered back with a proud grin.

“Sure, you keep thinking that.” He rolled his eyes with a smile.

“So, history project partner, how far are you with the project?” I asked.

“Really, Eun Mi, we’re dancing together and all you can talk about is the history project?” He retorted back crossly and I averted my gaze.

“But I have nothing to talk about with you.” I whispered softly. It was silent for a minute before Lu Han cupped my chin, turning me to face him.

“You don’t have to talk about anything at all.” He stared at me soft eyes.

“But-”

“Hush, just lean into me and let me hold you for the remaining minutes I have with you.” He ordered, lightly pushing my head onto his chest. I obliged silently, listening to his rapid heartbeat as we swayed to the music.

I smiled at the content silence between us. Lu Han was warm and toasty, which almost made me fall asleep due to the comfort of his chest. It was nice without having to say anything. I was worried that we might end up awkward. But really, maybe Lu Han and I just needed another way to communicate.

“Hey, oppa, you have telekinesis as your power, right?” I asked quietly.

“Yeah, why?” He whispered back just as quietly.

“Nothing.” I smiled and his chest rumbled as he chuckled. Telekinesis had to deal with the mind like telepathy. I had a feeling Lu Han and I won’t be needing words to talk to each other soon.

The five minutes were up and Lay tapped on Lu Han’s shoulder. I broke away from Lu Han albeit a little reluctantly. He was warm and toasty like a teddy bear!

“Did I disturb you and Lu Han’s little moment?” Lay chuckled amusedly.

“Nope, I’m happy you’re dancing with me as well.” I replied back with a wide grin.

“Everyone is so anxious for their turn.” He whispered into my ear and I giggled.

“Really, I never knew I was that desirable.” I laughed.

“You have no idea.” He replied back and my eyes widened, a blush creeping onto my cheeks.

“Say, do you want to know my vision?” I brought up all of a sudden. I felt like sharing my vision with Lay and I felt that he would be the best person to talk to about it.

“Sure.” He nodded.

“I want to show all the vampires in the world that werewolves and vampires can coexist as mates as well. I want them to be able to communicate with each other without a certain demeaning atmosphere about them. I’m sick and tired with the tension between our two races. I want to use our relationship as a way to show them that it’s okay. Werewolves and vampires can coexist peacefully and romantically.” I shared sincerely.

“And we’ll be with you all the way. Truthfully, the rivalry between the vampires and the werewolves is stupid.” Lay agreed and I chuckled.

“You never get mad, do you, oppa?” I mused.

“Not really, my patience is very high unlike most of my brothers. But I guess that makes me all the more dangerous. No one has actually seen me infuriated other than my family members. And it’s something I don’t want to show you either. It’s a scary side of me that I don’t want you to meet.” He confessed.

“Thanks, oppa, for caring so much.” I smiled in gratitude and he returned my smile with his adorable one-dimpled grin.

His five minutes were up and next was Su Ho. Su Ho waited patiently on the side for his turn but once Lay was done, he hastily pulled me closer to him. Like a gentleman though, he kept his distance but he was close enough for me to feel the heat radiating off him.

“Hello there.” I greeted with a cheeky smile.

“Hello there, young lady.” He chuckled, playing along.

“Long time no see.”

“I see you every day though.”

“You don’t get sick of me?”

“I get sick of seeing my brothers’ faces sometimes but,” He knocked his forehead against mine. “Not you.”

“Good,” I replied back with a wide smile. “You’re going to have to get used to me for the rest of your life.” I teased.

“I wouldn’t have any problem with that.” He winked greasily and I pulled back with a squeal.

“I’m very random though. I ask the stupidest questions ever. I really like sweet stuff and I’m hungry half the time. I’m not the best at housework but I’m alright with it. I can cook but I’m not like a professional executive chef. I like to nag sometimes. And I laugh at the weirdest moments. Sometimes, I can be very moody and the simplest of insults can cause me to bite someone’s ear off. I don’t think before I speak or do something.” I listed all the qualities that I thought were pretty bad about myself. “After all that, you still want me around for the rest of your life?”

He shook his head and cast a quick glance at D.O. “We can just get D.O. to do the housework and the cooking. Everything else I can live with.” He raised an eyebrow suggestively and I gasped taken aback.

“Oppa, that’s so mean! Kyung Soo oppa can’t do all that by himself.” I argued for D.O.

“But he’s managing pretty well right now.” Su Ho nodded and I shook my head. Lazy wolves…

“I think the most important part though is that no matter what and no matter how you are, we’re still your mates and everything that you think is a flaw, is a charm to us. So, you don’t have to worry about us getting tired being around you or anything else. If you aren’t around us, I think we’d go crazy without you.” He gazed softly into my eyes and I softened, smiling appreciatively.

His five minutes ended and I gave him a hug before turning to the next wolf. I was almost tackled by Tao as he hurriedly claimed me so that he wouldn’t waste a minute of his five minutes for me.

“Finally,” He breathed out in success and I rolled my eyes. Tao clung to me like a koala bear and I had a feeling that it would take a long time for him to let me go by the next five minutes.

“Tao, as much as I know you want to hold me, I am not a clinging pole.” I giggled.

“You’re my clinging pole.” He retorted back giddily and I nodded with amusement.

“Alright then, I am your clinging pole.” I played along and just let him hold me tightly to him like a teddy bear.

Time passed with Tao just clinging to me. I don’t know if it was just me but I felt extremely amused by his childish behavior. “So, you’re just going to cling to me and not talk?”

“Cling.” He sang out childishly and I laughed. “Okay, cling.” I patted his head.

That was how our five minutes ended and truthfully, it was kind of adorable. Tao looked mysterious and aloof on the outside but on the inside he was the most adorable little person ever. Baek Hyun was next and inwardly I was kind of anticipating how he would dance with me.

“Tao, let go of her.” Baek Hyun shook his head with an amused smile as he gently pulled Tao away from me. Tao had this look in his eyes that got Baek Hyun laughing at him. “No aegyo.” Baek Hyun chided lightly.

“So,” Baek Hyun turned to me. He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me flush against him. Surprisingly, I expected Baek Hyun to be shy and have a sense of personal space but…I secretly enjoy manly Baek Hyun, who pulls me so close to him that I can hear his heartbeat. Yes, I like that Baek Hyun.

“Had fun being Tao’s teddy bear?” He raised a teasing eyebrow at me and I rolled my eyes.

“It was cute.” I replied back simply and he snorted lightly. “Sure.”

“How was the ‘Comedy of Errors’?” I asked about the book I gave to him on Valentines’ Day.

“It’s an interesting piece of literature. It’s full of puns that took a while to get but it’s hilariously coincidental and frustrating at times.” He mused.

“Are you done with it?”

“Yup, now I’m reading another good series, the Divergent series. It’s unlike me to take interest into something so new but the storyline is good.”

“I love that series! But once you’re done with it, I recommend that instead of reading a play, how about we go see one?” I suggested shyly and he leaned in closer with a small smirk.

“Are you asking me out on a date?” He teased lightly and I pinked in embarrassment.

“Well, if you put it that way, yeah, but if you don’t want to go, I can ask Lu Han oppa if he-”

“As smart as Lu Han is, he reads little to none unless it’s a part of the syllabus. Asking him to go to a play is like asking him to read twenty books for

Please log in to read the full chapter