Let the Classes Begin

My Life is a Disney Movie
Please log in to read the full chapter

“So, you’re saying that we’ll take eight days off of school and we’re expected to learn about vampire etiquette and culture in those eight days?” Baek Hyun repeated skeptically. I nodded meekly as I still haven’t recovered from my brother’s set-up. If my wolves didn’t do well, I would be forced into a marriage with someone whom I loved as my brother.

 

“Correct, and on the last day, y’all are expected to take a small test over what you learned.” I smiled a little but I was worried that Infinite might go overboard trying to teach them just so that they will fail.

 

“Eun Mi, can’t you teach us instead?” Tao whined sorely and murmurs of agreement rang across the room. I bit the inside of my cheek and glanced away uncertainly. Of course I wanted to help but I can’t deal with twelve wolves who get distracted with every single movement of mine.

 

“I’m sorry, guys, but I can’t. One, no offense, but you guys are a lot to handle. Two, I’m a girl and etiquette for a vampire female is different for a vampire male. And lastly, knowing the lot of you, ‘distracted easily’ are two words I’d use to describe all twelve of you. So, we’ll never get anything done.” I explained. The faces dimmed and a pang of guilt hit my heart.

 

“Look, I won’t be gone. I’ll probably drop by your lessons to see how’s everything’s going. And control them.” I muttered the last part softly. I didn’t just have to have a leash on EXO; I had to have a leash on Infinite as well.

 

“Besides, it won’t be that bad?”

Vampire Hierarchy

 

“Welcome to Vampire Hierarchy, my favorite subject.” Sung Gyu grinned brightly. Groans resonated throughout the room but his enthusiasm never faded.

 

“I know what you’re thinking. What’s the point of learning about Vampire Hierarchy? Well, the Spring Ball is a basically all sorts of vampires mixed up together with different social statuses. So knowing the hierarchy system can clear up some interesting misunderstandings and aid you in conversations.” He explained eloquently but the expressions didn’t improve.

 

I guess I’ll have to use another tactic.

 

“Okay, then, how about we start with the four emperors?” He smiled as the lights dimmed and pictures of the four different emperors were projected on the wall. At least some wolves had the decency to take notes and pay attention but the others were half-heartedly listening.

 

“For each country, there are always four emperors and never more or less. These four emperors are the oldest, the wisest, the wealthiest, and the most intelligent of all vampires; hence, the reason why they were chosen. The four emperors are assigned lands and kingdoms to handle using the cardinal directions. The Spring Ball y’all are attending is planned by the Royal Coven of the East, meaning that Eun Mi and her family and Infinite are a part of this Royal Coven.” Some wolves sat up straighter at the mention of Eun Mi’s name and Sung Gyu inwardly rolled his eyes.

 

So whipped…

 

“Covens aren’t actually just one family of vampires. Covens are actually a large group of families. There are only four covens and not more nor less. Our coven, the Royal Coven of the East, is full of royal families but with different statuses. Generally, the oldest of each coven is the leader.” The picture of the East Emperor expanded and filled the wall. His face was full of smiles and his eyes disappeared under wrinkles.

 

“This is the East Coven’s emperor, Emperor Wang Tae Jung. He is Eun Mi’s great-great grandfather. Also, the hierarchy is decided by age and generation. So, if we were to map out Eun Mi’s family tree of hierarchy or whatever you want to call it…” The slide changed and a tree with Wang Tae Jung on the top.

 

“Emperor Wang Tae Jung had twenty sons. The eldest son of the twenty is next in line for the throne so he has the most power among our coven next to Emperor Wang. These twenty sons had sons and daughters, of course. Back then, daughters were married off to their cousins and it wasn’t scandalous at that time since marriage within coven was popular and traditionally correct. So, the eldest grandson of that generation is the most powerful among his other cousins and siblings but less powerful than the previous generation, which are the twenty sons. Due to the war, there are only ten grandsons left.” He paused and found that the wolves were actually listening intently.

 

“Do you guys kind of get it?” Everyone nodded and gave thumbs up so he continued without delay.

 

“And the same goes for the generations ahead. Now, Eun Mi’s father is actually the eldest great-grandson so that means he has a lot of power. During this time period, marriage between different covens was allowed and was increasingly popular. Eun Mi’s mother is actually a princess from the West Coven. Myung Soo’s mother is actually higher than Eun Mi’s mother but they became of same rank once they were married to Eun Mi’s father.

 

“Infinite, with the exception of Myung Soo of course, is adopted. The six of us used to be a group of naughty little beggars in the streets who didn’t know right from wrong before we were taken in by Myung Soo’s mother. Myung Soo’s mother raised the six of us with Myung Soo to the people we are today and this was after Myung Soo was born. So, we aren’t related to Eun Mi but you can call us close cousins in a sense.

 

“Oh right, you have to remember that marriage with more than one person was common at that time which is why Myung Soo is Eun Mi’s half-brother. However with the current laws and times today, multiple mistresses were not allowed. But don’t worry; Eun Mi doesn’t have any more hidden siblings.

 

“So, let me clarify one small fact that most get mixed up. Eun Mi’s father is the eldest of his generation but Eun Mi is not the most powerful of hers. Eun Mi isn’t the eldest of her generation. She’s one of the middle children. That means that she holds more power than anyone born after her but no power against anyone born before her.” Sung Gyu grinned and the lights turned back on. The wolves covered their eyes at the sudden flash of light and stretched their muscles with a tired yawn.

 

“But wait, then who’s above and below her?” Baek Hyun asked in curiosity.

 

“Well, you’re going to have to wait for Myung Soo’s lesson then.” Sung Gyu said with a smirk and immediately, the wolves all groaned in reluctance.

 

Oh, wow, Myung Soo really managed to get all of them to hate him.

Vampire Personality

 

“Why do we need to know about this?” Kai groaned reluctantly.

 

“Every vampire is different; your chances of meeting someone with an open personality like Eun Mi are almost ten percent of the coven. Not everybody will accept you with open arms like Eun Mi’s family.” Sung Jong chided lightly and Kai flattened with a dull expression.

 

“Not everybody? So there’s at least some who will, right?” Su Ho questioned curiously and the two Infinite members, Sung Jong and Sung Yeol, glanced at each other uncertainly.

 

“Well…I guess so. You see, our generation of vampires tends to adore Eun Mi a lot. So it depends on the vampire. If you spot anyone who looks around Eun Mi’s age or our age, they tend to come from our generation.” Sung Yeol shrugged.

 

“Then again, it also has to deal with the fact that Infinite is the head of the generation and the time period as well.” Sung Jong added at the last minute and Sung Yeol nodded.

 

“Wait, what?” Se Hun looked lost and Sung Yeol chuckled lightly.

 

“Okay, lesson time! So, a new generation starts when any vampire from the previous generation gives birth first. That’s generally how the system of generations works. However our generation is special. Myung Soo’s mother married before Eun Mi’s mother did to Eun Mi’s father. So she had Myung Soo first, which technically makes him the oldest of the generation in terms of blood.

 

“However, when she found the six of us, Myung Soo was already six and Eun Mi was three. At that time, Sung Gyu hyung was already three years older than Myung Soo. So, when she found us, she wanted to adopt us. The process of adoption is tough though. One must ingest a drop of blood from the parent in order to be adopted. That drop of blood will fuse with our blood and form mixed blood, where the foster blood is the dominant one running through our veins compared to our own blood.

 

“It’s tough because it takes a lot of strength and willpower to stay alive. The way our bodies work is interesting. Like I said, it makes the foster blood dominant and so, our own blood needs to go somewhere. The process after ingesting one drop of blood (and specifically one drop of blood from a slit wrist of a parent) is grueling and challenging as the body does all the work without caring about its owner for at least two days. The foster blood has to change most blood cells into it and our own blood has to find a new place to run. So, our own blood wraps itself around our heart and organs kind of like extra protection. The end result is a good one if one can survive the process but we did. After that, as we grew older, we were recognized as great warriors and declared a single coven, which is the infinity sign tattooed on each of our wrists.” Sung Yeol rubbed his wrist endearingly and Sung Jong smiled wryly.

 

“But the challenges we overcame as a group were daunting. At first, there were prejudices against us because the six of us weren’t related to the East coven and everybody hated us. It grew when we were declared a single coven. Then, Sung Gyu hyung became the rightful eldest of the generation and Myung Soo hyung was the sixth eldest. There was a huge uproar in the coven but somehow, times changed and yes, we are still discriminated as nobodies despite our contributions. But most of our coven has accepted our status and most of them come from our generation, which leads to our original lesson if Sung Yeol hyung didn’t go off on a long lament about our life story.” Sung Jong pointedly glared at Sung Yeol who shrugged without a care.

 

“Anyways, I’ll just make this simple and easy enough to understand. I think you can tell that vampires are still very traditional and stuck-up as always. It is changing gradually as times change as well but most are still very traditional about vampire values. Now, the problems you and Eun Mi will be facing will be tougher than what Infinite has faced.” Sung

Please log in to read the full chapter