The 10th Imprint

My Life is a Disney Movie
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wednesday

 

“I’m so sorry for getting you a detention, Eun Mi!” Chan Yeol repeatedly apologized. That was the fiftieth time today and you were slowly getting irritated by it. Scratch that, you were irritated by it.

 

“For the fiftieth time today, it’s alright. It’s just one detention. It’s not like it’s the end of the world.” You rolled your eyes as you placed your stuff in your locker. Chan Yeol was giving you those eyes from your right and Kai was on your left, placing stuff in his locker as well.

 

“What did the idiot do?” He smirked when he saw Chan Yeol fume.

 

“I am not an idiot! And I’m your hyung!” He pouted like child.

 

“Yeah, right, you are.” Kai rolled his eyes and you stifled a giggle. Chan Yeol saw you and slowly grew offended.

 

“Eun Mi, you’re supposed to be on my side!” His mouth dropped open to a dramatic gasp. Kai slung an arm around your shoulder but that didn’t bother you.

 

“Maybe Eun Mi likes me better than you.” He smirked. Chan Yeol’s expression suddenly grew dark and he left the both of you without a word. Kai and you stared at his retreating back with a confused look.

 

“What’s going on with him?” Kai raised an eyebrow at his hyung’s behavior. You slipped out under Kai’s arm and returned to placing your stuff in your locker.

 

“I don’t know. He’s been like that ever since yesterday after lunch. I was thinking you might know.” You shrugged.

 

“Nope, why would you think that?” Kai closed his locker and locked it.

 

“You are his brother aren’t you? And you live under the same roof.” You snorted and glanced at him. You noticed his expression fell for a moment and he looked…apologetic?

 

“Things between Chan Yeol and me…aren’t the same anymore…” He sighed and pressed his palm against his locker. He glanced at you and you raised an eyebrow at him that obviously said ‘What happened?’ He smirked dryly and pinched your nose, making you wince and frown.

 

“One day, I’ll tell you what I mean. Not now…” He left you, standing at your locker with many questions in your head.

 

What does he mean by ‘things aren’t the same anymore between Chan Yeol and me’?

 

Shaking your head, you closed your locker, locked it and made your way to your last class of the day. It was PE but by PE in this school, it meant fighting. It was your first time at PE because last Wednesday was an assembly day. Therefore, there was no PE on that day. Truth be told, you were excited for our first PE lesson. You were wondering what it would be like.

 

You found the girl’s locker room and entered it shyly. A few girls stopped changing to stare at you but quickly returned to what they were doing before. You spotted Ji Eun and Sun Hwa, chatting while changing.

 

“Darn it, why did you come five minutes early?” Sun Hwa pouted as she pulled out her wallet and slapped 20, 000 won (about $17.51 USD) into Ji Eun’s outstretched palm.

 

“You guys are horrible people, you know? Betting on my poor directions just like that! I’m a new student and have only been here for a week and a half. And you guys are like old students and know their way around school like the back of your hand. Give me a break, will ya?!” You chided them as you started changing into the PE uniform.

 

“Sorry, Eun Mi but…I couldn’t resist.” Ji Eun shrugged innocently and high-fived with Sun Hwa. Meanwhile, you looked betrayed.

 

“And I thought you’d be the one to side with me! Alas, you were the one who started the bet!” You placed a hand dramatically on your head and pretended to faint. Ji Eun laughed at you and Sun Hwa just whacked your back playfully.

 

“Oh, hurry up! I don’t want to be late for PE.” Sun Hwa pushed you slightly and you stuck your tongue out at her.

The three of you exited the girl’s locker room and entered the large gym. As a gym itself, it was larger than your ordinary gym. In fact, it was larger than Sukira’s gym. During games, it could serve as a court for basketball or volleyball. It could also be a practice site for the cheerleaders. And for PE, it could be a hall of mini arenas. Basically, according to Ji Eun, the school’s gym had some ancient system where it could switch between mini arenas to a normal gym area.

 

Whoa, this is awesome.

 

A loud whistle ripped through the air and you glanced around to find the PE teacher standing on the sides of the arena. You quickly gathered in a semi-circle with the other girls. You stood next to Ji Eun and Sun Hwa. You tapped Sun Hwa and glanced at the teacher in question.

 

“He’s Mr. Choi or Choi Si Won. He’s a werewolf just so you know. And he has the power of enhancement, meaning he can enhance or decrease other people’s powers and increase or decrease his own powers.” She whispered and you nodded in understanding.

 

“Class, today we are fighting in the arenas.” He informed the obvious fact and many rolled their eyes or grunted in response.

 

“However, there is a slight change today. Today, one of the senior classes will join us for PE.” Immediately all the girls straightened up and started pulling up their shorts, exposing their thighs more. Only a few and the three of you didn’t do anything. The boys groaned in reluctance. Mr. Choi blew on his whistle and the whole class straightened up.

 

“Stand properly otherwise, I’ll make you run extra rounds. Now, do the usual ten laps around the whole gym. No walking or cheating or speed walking. If any of you do, the whole class restarts. Go!” He blew on his whistle again and on command, the whole class started running or jogging around the gymnasium.

 

It’s only ten laps…no big deal. The only problem with me is that I hate running even though I can manage it.

 

You ran around the gym at a comfortable pace. Most of the girls grew weary by the sixth lap or the seventh. For girls who were so keen on keeping up their looks, it was a feat, considering the fact that the gym’s size isn’t a laughing matter. Ji Eun was panting hard by the eighth lap and Sun Hwa by the sixth. You started slowing down by the half of the eighth lap. Ten laps around a gym that was a quarter size of your garden (and your garden could fit at least 5 football fields) was not easy. By the tenth lap, the whole class had somewhat collapsed or bent over including you.

 

Oh, I sense more people.

 

You turned to your right and noticed that the senior class to join your class was already here. They were warming up on the other side with their own PE teacher. Truthfully, once you noticed that you didn’t recognize a single face in that class except for the three -lets, you were disappointed but you didn’t show it.

 

Sigh…I wonder if the prince I’m supposed to meet today is in that class. I have three more princes to go and by Friday, I would have met all of them. I’m not even freaking out like before anymore. This is like a regular thing to me.

 

Chuckling at yourself, you moved to Ji Eun and Sun Hwa who were drinking from their water bottles.

 

“-lets at twelve o’ clock.” You slung an arm around Ji Eun who suddenly froze and trembled in fear. Sun Hwa’s face darkened and she shot a glance at the -lets.

 

“They’re looking at us.” She whispered and Ji Eun wanted to turn around but you forced her head to keep looking straight.

 

“Don’t, they’ll just scare you. Whatever you do, Ji Eun, just ignore them. Don’t even care about what they say or do to you.” You whispered in her ear but loud enough for Sun Hwa to hear. Sun Hwa nodded in agreement and capped her water bottle.

 

“Come on, Ji Eun, let’s go stretch.” Sun Hwa pulled Ji Eun away while forcing her to keep her gaze straight. You lingered behind and stared at the triplets who were glaring at you with disgust in their eyes. You kept an expressionless mask and cocked your head at them. Sae Mi mouthed ‘’ to you and you returned it with a ‘you too.’ Her jaw dropped and you smirked, winking at her and strutting away confidently.

 

Serves her right!

Mr. Choi blew the whistle and both classes gathered. You learned from Sun Hwa that the other teacher was Mr. Shim or Shim Chang Min. He was a demon (who didn’t eat humans just so you know) and his power was unknown and known to be rarely used. If so, he must have been powerful and you didn’t question anymore.

 

“Okay, class, so this is how it’ll go. The senior class will pick any junior to fight in the arenas.” Mr. Choi explained and the seniors began choosing their opponents. Sae Mi picked Sun Hwa as expected and Sun Hwa shrugged without a care. When it came to Jae Rin’s turn, she smirked evilly and picked Ji Eun, who was scared beyond her mind. Sun Hwa and you exchanged panicked glances and immediately, you raised your hand.

 

“Sir, could I switch places with Ji Eun?” Mr. Choi glanced at you and his lips were pressed in a firm line.

 

“I’m sorry; Eun Mi-ssi, but there will be no switching places.” He shook his head and your hand fell without energy. You glanced at Ji Eun, who shook her head and you fumed inside as Jae Rin smirked victoriously at you.

 

I can’t believe this.

 

“I choose you.” So Hee pointed at you with a vicious grin on her face. You were unfazed and you immediately stepped up as both Ji Eun and Sun Hwa shot you worried looks. Sun Hwa tugged on your arm and you glanced back at her.

 

“Eun Mi, I don’t think you understand this but among the three, So Hee is the most vicious fighter. Sae Mi is weak, Jae Rin is average but So Hee is a whole different level.” Sun Hwa whispered desperately in your ear.

 

“So? I don’t think it matters. And don’t look down on me. I can take care of myself.” You whispered back and pulled away from her hold. You followed So Hee to an empty arena while stretching.

 

This will be fun.

 

“I think you made a huge mistake by choosing me as your opponent.” You crossed your arms as the both of you faced each other. She was on the left side and you were on the right.

 

“I think you made a huge mistake of underestimating me. Let me tell you now that I’m the best female fighter in Epik High and not even a vampire princess like you can defeat me. Oh, I’ve never been defeated as well in the whole four years of my time here.” She smiled innocently but it looked more like she killed a cat or ran over a puppy.

 

“I don’t think you understand how vampires work.” You cracked your neck and she got into her stance.

 

“I don’t need to know. I’ll finish you off in three minutes anyways.” She rolled her eyes and the both of you began circling the arena in your stances.

 

“Oh, three minutes?” You chuckled. She suddenly dashed forward, intending to aim a punch at you but you side stepped her at the last moment and when she passed you, you quickly slammed your palm on her back, pinning her to the ground with a loud thud that resounded around the gym. You crouched down as she struggled to rise. You pressed harder and she groaned as the sound of cracking could be heard. All the other battles stopped and all the attention was on the both of you.

 

“Three minutes is the average time a vampire feeds. Let me take you through the process.” You removed your palm and stood from your crouch. She immediately sent a high kick from her position on the floor at you but you avoided it and she got up, clutching her chest.

 

She growled and sent another punch towards you. You avoided her rapid punches by swaying from side to side. To human eyes, the both of you were a blur but to the other creatures, you were fast but still clear enough to spot. You stopped one of her punches and twisted her arm quickly. She screamed as her arm was twisted awkwardly to her back and you moved closer to whisper in her ear.

 

“Step 1: First, we find our target.” You twisted her arm even more and she screamed louder. But you suddenly released her. She held her arm and panted heavily as she glared at y

Please log in to read the full chapter