The 3rd Imprint

My Life is a Disney Movie
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wednesday

 

“Ji Eun-”

 

“I’m really sorry. I have to go for volleyball practice.” She shot you an apologetic look and you pouted.

 

“Okay, then, Sun Hwa-”

 

“Sorry, I have to meet up with Kwang Hee oppa at the library for our project.” Sun Hwa smiled apologetically at you. You groaned and turned towards Hyo Sung.

 

“Hyo Sung unnie-”

 

“Too bad, I have dance classes to go to. Maybe next time.” She eyed you sympathetically and you whined.

 

“Ha Na unnie?” You turned to her with puppy dog eyes and Ha Na opened to say something but you immediately cut her off with a deadpan look.

 

“Let me guess. You’re busy too.” You raised your eyebrow and Ha Na sheepishly smiled and scratched the back of her head.

 

“Urgh, you guys are the worst! Leaving wittle old me behind in school to explore.” You flopped onto the grass and whined. Ji Eun placed a hand on your stomach and you glanced at her.

 

“I’m sorry, Eun Mi. We’re sorry. But we already made plans. You should have told us earlier if you were going to explore the school. That was such a random idea.” Ji Eun patted your stomach and you sat up.

 

“I know but you should know by now I’m pretty random.” You grinned and Secret sighed simultaneously. They began recalling some of your random questions in the three days that they have known you.

 

“Hey, is that sandwich making machine?”

 

“Oh, look, doesn’t that look like a seahorse with a baseball bat chasing a monkey in the sky?”

 

“What would happen if I came to school with mangoes?”

 

“So, guys, what exactly is the purpose of a toilet bowl?”

 

“Yeah, what exactly is the purpose of a toilet bowl? I mean, I get that it keeps the waste out and it’s a place for us to pee and do our business but is that all? Is that all a toilet bowl has to look forward in life to? What are its principles in life? What is its purpose in life? What-” Your face was pushed away by an irritated Sun Hwa.

 

“Are you seriously going to get real deep about a toilet bowl? It’s just a toilet bowl. It’s just there for us to do our business. Nothing more and nothing less. Don’t need to get all philosophical about a toilet bowl.” She grimaced in disgust.

 

“Hey, it is nice to have a Socratic discussion about the everyday-” Your face got pushed down again this time by Ha Na.

 

“Yeah, shut up.” She demanded simply and Secret laughed at the disappointed expression on your face.

 

“Fine, fine, don’t listen to me. I swear one day, one day, I’ll show you all my greatness.” You pointed at every single one of them who were still laughing madly.

 

“Okay, okay, Aristotle, calm down. Anyways, you’ll be fine after school. If it makes anything better, I know for a fact that the EXO princes don’t hang out around after school.” Hyo Sung smiled at you.

 

“Well, that isn’t all that true. One of them does. And a few of them do too if they have soccer practice or basketball practice like Lu Han and Kris respectively.” Ha Na corrected.

 

“Wait, so other than Kris and Lu Han, who else stays behind after school?” You asked curiously.

 

“His name is Lay. I don’t know why he is named after a bag of potato chips but he’s weird. In fact, the twelve of them are all weird in their own mystifying way. He’s a senior and he’s in Class B. He’s a part of the music club and I heard that he writes songs or something. Anyways, he’s very into music. Rumors have it that he sits in the music room just playing a song over and over again until it is perfect.” Sun Hwa explained.

 

“So, just be careful of the music room. We don’t exactly know how Lay is when he gets disturbed or someone treads into his territory. And the times that he stays behind at school are pretty random as well. So just keep an eye out for him.” Ji Eun warned.

 

“Okay, but how does he look like?” You propped your chin on your hand.

 

“Look over there; you see the one with blonde hair and a bit of orange highlights as well?” Hyo Sung discreetly pointed to one of the twelve princes and you turned your head, following her finger direction. Your eyes landed on a male who didn’t look too interested in the conversation with his brothers but instead he sat to a side and looked completely in a daze at the scenery of the garden.

 

“I see him. Is he always in a daze?” You questioned; your eyes still on him.

 

“Most of the time, yeah. Lay is just like that. Don’t worry.” Hyo Sung answered with a dismissive wave. You cocked your head and puckered your lips in thought.

 

He seems nice though…nevertheless I should just keep an eye out for him after school today.

 

You turned back around just when Lay turned in your direction. He titled his head in wonder for a moment before shaking his head and involving himself in the conversation with his brothers.

“Are you sure you’ll be fine? Do you want me to call someone up to accompany you?” Sun Hwa held your hands in worry and you chuckled at her behavior.

 

“Yes, yes, I’ll be fine. And no, I think I’m perfectly capable of navigating through this school.” You made up an excuse.

 

Liar...your directional skills are as bad a blind vampire…

 

“Are you sure you’ll be-”

 

“For the thousandth time, yes. No go and have fun with your Kwang Hee oppa!” You imitated her squealing voice at the end and red painted her cheeks.

 

“Oh stop it!” She pouted and you laughed, pushing her towards the direction of a male who waited for her by leaning on his car. She kept turning around and looking at you in concern and apology but you merely mouthed ‘Go!’ to her everytime she did. She finally reached the car and shooting you one last apologetic look, she entered the car with Kwang Hee and the black Audi drove away.

 

There goes Sun Hwa…

 

You sighed and turned around, making your way up the steps of the school and entering the deserted hallway. Everyone was either at their club meetings or at their team practices. You were walking aimlessly down the hallway and unconsciously turned to wherever your feet bid you to turn.

 

This school is big. Definitely bigger than I thought.

 

You studied the walls of each hallway and saw random scribbles on the white walls of the school. The lockers as well had scratches and dents in it. And even the notice boards sometimes contained weird and inappropriate messages, a telltale sign of a prankster on the loose.

 

Sukira High is so different from here.

 

Back in Sukira High, you wouldn’t be able to spot a dent or scratch on the lockers. You wouldn’t be able to find obscene messages on the white walls and notice boards. The cafeteria was always orderly and you didn’t have to duck for flying food.

Please log in to read the full chapter