A Valentines' Day Shock

My Life is a Disney Movie
Please log in to read the full chapter

Weeks passed by and so far, all was well…surprisingly. Though your days were never peaceful or quiet, they were fun and memorable. You never got a chance to head back to that beautiful meadow or pass through that crystal cave. The deer seemed to disappear with the cave and the meadow as well. You even tried searching for the little button the deer had stepped on to open the cave but to no avail.

 

It was mid-February and the school was decorated from head to toe in pink, red, and white. Hearts were pasted on the walls and balloons floated or hung around. Small to large teddy bears were scattered around the campus. And the couple rate at school seemed to increase. You were excited because you knew what was coming up and you practically pranced around on Monday, the first day of Valentines’ Day week.

 

“So, is anyone free on Thursday?” Hyo Sung slung both her arms around you and Ji Eun. Ha Na swung hands with Sun Hwa by your side. You were all heading out for ice cream since there was a teachers’ meeting today and school was let out early.

 

“Nope, I have a date with Kwang Hee oppa.” Sun Hwa squealed and all of you rolled your eyes.

 

“No way.” You all deadpanned and she whined lightly.

 

“I have an appointment with my father.” Ji Eun sighed.

 

“Oh no, not one of those arranged marriage appointments again?!” Ha Na groaned and Hyo Sung patted her back in pity.

 

“Hopefully not, if it is then…I’ll just decline my father again.” Ji Eun smiled weakly and you frowned.

 

“We’ve got your back, Ji Eunnie.” You grinned and she nodded in understanding.

 

“I’ve got to accompany Dae Hyun for a Valentines’ Day party.” Ha Na rolled her eyes.

 

“Why?” You faced Ha Na with a curious look.

 

“He hogs the snack table and my parents think I’m more responsible than him so I have to keep the alcohol away from him.” Ha Na smirked and you giggled.

 

“How about you Eun Mi, are you free?” Hyo Sung turned to you and smiled apologetically.

 

“I’m sorry but I can’t. It’s my birthday on that day and I’m sure my mates would cling to me for the whole day.” You shrugged and averted your gaze.

 

“It’s your what?! Why didn’t you tell us?!” Hyo Sung burst out in shock.

 

“Yeah, we would have planned something.” Ha Na shot you a look.

 

“You didn’t ask. Anyways, it’s fine. The wolves have something planned out anyways…hopefully.” You pressed your lips together in thought.

 

“What do you mean ‘hopefully’? Girl, did you even tell them?” Sun Hwa crossed her arms at you.

 

“…Not really…” You bit your lip nervously.

 

“Not really?! Why not?!” Hyo Sung grabbed onto your shoulders and shook you hard. You were getting dizzy if it wasn’t for Ji Eun, who gently pulled Hyo Sung away from you.

 

“Calm down, I’m sure she has her reasons. At least you have something planned for them right?” Ji Eun eyed you warily.

 

“I do.” You nodded.

 

“Why won’t you tell them?” Sun Hwa questioned in curiosity.

 

“My birthday wasn’t that important. My parents were always overseas volunteering or doing missionary work. They would wish me through video or leave a small cupcake in the kitchen for breakfast but other than that, it wasn’t anything special. I’m grateful that my parents at least wish me on my birthday but nobody actually cared for it other than my family. So, I didn’t think it was that important to tell them since this year would just be the same. And if they do have something planned and they managed to find out my birthday through some circumstance then I’m thankful for that.” You smiled and shrugged, entering the ice cream parlor along with Secret.

 

“And besides, I already have something planned for them.”

Se Hun’s P.O.V

 

“Se Hun, go pick up the mail!” Su Ho hollered from the kitchen. I groaned, dropping my game controller on the floor.

 

Geez, just because I’m the youngest in the family that doesn’t mean I have to do all the chores.

 

I exited my room and trudged down the stairs with a miffed expression on my face. Su Ho just so happened to pass by the lobby and he noticed my expression.

 

“Hey, no sulking allowed. It’s just picking up the mail.” He eyed me sternly and I grumbled, nodding and dashing out the door.

 

Yeah, yeah, whatever, I don’t want to hear another lecture.

 

I reluctantly walked towards the mailbox at our gate. Using the key, I unlocked it and grabbed the letters and one package that were dropped off. I glanced at the package and I almost dropped it due to laughter.

 

What the hell?! Underwear from Iceland for Kai, I can’t even-

 

I chuckled in laughter as I made my way back to the house. The other letters were just bills, bills, bills, our grades-OUR GRADES!? Must hide mine from the oldest three…

 

God knows, Xiu Min will lecture me, Lu Han will cut my bubble tea allowance, and Kris will skin me alive if I failed math.

 

I stuffed my letter in my pocket and glimpsed through the other letters. I heard something hit the ground and I glanced down to find that one letter had dropped from the pile. I bent down to pick it up but I grew curious as I saw the sender.

 

Why would appa and eomma send a letter home?

 

My parents didn’t usually care about home if they were on vacation. I held the other letters and package under my arm and swiftly ripped open the letter. I froze however as I read the contents.

 

Dear Eun Mi,

 

Happy Birthday! This letter might be a bit early but it’s better to be early than late. Anyways, I hope our boys are treating you well. If they are bullying you, tell me and Mei En and we’ll knock some sense into them.

 

I hope you have a fun birthday on February 14th! What a coincidence that your birthday falls on Valentines’ Day! We’re having a great vacation but sadly, we haven’t won any Monopoly games. We’ve finally found a match for our husband. Enjoy your birthday! There’s a gift card to the mall in our neighborhood inside by the way.

 

Love,

 

The King, Hyun Mi, and Mei En

 

P.S. Tell me all about what the boys did for you on your birthday when we return alright? ;)

 

IT’S HER BIRTHDAY!?

 

My eyes widened and I rushed into the house, quickly dropping off the letters and Kai’s package on the kitchen counter before entering the family room to gather my brothers.

 

“HYUNGS, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!”

 “WHAT? IT’S HER BIRTHDAY?” The walls vibrated from the exclamation.

 

“I can’t believe this. Why didn’t she tell us earlier?” Xiu Min shook his head with a confused expression on his face.

 

“And she still asked for our birthdays. We should have asked for hers!” Chan Yeol whined with his arms crossed.

 

“Well, maybe she has her reasons.” Baek Hyun reasoned for Eun Mi.

 

“Yeah, Baek Hyun hyung is right. Maybe she doesn’t really trust us that well yet.” I butted in to agree.

 

“I think we all get the feeling that she doesn’t quite trust us yet right?” We turned to Kris who had a wry smile on his face.

 

“Time will bring us closer.” Lu Han nodded affirmatively.

 

“Hey, that’s my line!” Tao sh

Please log in to read the full chapter