First Meeting

The Lights of the Young

Beep, beep. 

I blinked heavily as I glanced at the clock, sitting on my nightstand. It read 7:30am. Today is my first day in Seoul Highschool, coming in as a freshman starting today. I slipped out of my bed, fixed it and streched until I felt like I want to take a nice shower. But in another way, I was also hungry. 

Opening my white room door, popping my head out into the narrow hallway. I took a whiff and I knew from the minute I woke, breakfast was cooking back downstairs in the kitchen. The scent of the flipping pancakes being drizzled in hot fudge lingers me to starve. Having the thought of eating breakfast just makes my mouth water. 

I slipped out of my room and took steps down the stairs, heading to the dining table. There I saw, the hot and flipped pancakes on a plate, drizzled in hot fudge beside another plate with fruits cut into cubes. I gazed dreamily at the food. I thought to myself, 'This is just a bliss.' I was about to take a step foward, going to a chair and eating the food until I felt something warm wrap my backside of my body. It was always obvious, Jeongmin. 

“Morning, baby girl,” He crooned and gave me a hug from behind. He lightly kissed my cheek. “You look fine.” He growled seductively.

I scanned my clothes that were used for pajamas: a blue tank top and white shorts. “Really?” I asked, sounding a bit disappointed. He smelled like pancakes and fudge. “Cooked breakfast?”

“I'm just playing with you and yes, I cooked breakfast,” Jeongmin answered and pulled me with him to the table. He took out a chair for me to sit. I thanked him and he sat next to me on my right. “It's your first day. You excited?”

“Eh,” I shrugged, not minding today at all. “It isn't a big deal for me. I'll just think it as... If its like going to meet someone famous.” 

“Don't you get nervous?”

“Remember me and you ran into SHINee's Key and Infinite's Woohyun in the arcade five weeks ago?” I reminded him. “I personally thought they were relatives or something before I knew it was them.” 

“You make a good point,” Jeongmin nodded, taking a plate and giving one to me. “Also, don't you have a tendacy that you can get shy when you're somewhere different and you meet different people?”

I stopped my actions and thought for a bit. Do I really act shy when I go somewhere different? “Now that you mention it...”

“Just make sure you don't get in trouble,” Jeongmin patted my back. “And enjoy your first day.” He passed me the plate of pancakes. “Enjoy your breakfast.” He kissed my cheek and left. 

I sighed and chuckled after seeing my brother's actions towards me. I took a pancake and started slicing it and poking it with a fork, popping the pancake in my mouth. After eating breakfast for a good 15 minutes, I ran up the stairs, go to my room to get my uniform and went to the bathroom for a shower. I tried to open the door on my first attempt, but I realized someone's occupied in the washroom: Jeongmin. I knocked and called, “Yah, Jeongmin-ah! You done?” 

“Am I you're brother? You're supposed to call me Oppa!” He called back. 

I huffed. “Fine. Jeongmin-Oppa, you done yet?” I asked with less emotion. 

The washroom door opened and steam started fill up the narrow hallway. What is this? A shady figure started to come close and close, and stopped right infront of me. Jeongmin smiled at me, nothing on but boxers. “That's better. Treat your Oppa well.” He patted my head and walked out of the washroom. What a weird brother. 


~~~~~


I stared at the mirror on the cream-tiled washroom wall, not in my uniform just yet; only in boxers and a white tank on that's it. I sighed and picked up my school pants, slipping it on and doing a weird leg dance to make it easier for me to put my pants on. I buttoned my white collar, long-sleeved shirt and rolled up the sleeves into even lengths. 

As I walked out of the washroom, I tried to adjust my tie perfectly without tripping on the stairs yet falling as well. I strolled to the dining room and grabbed a banana to eat for breakfast. A note laid on the table, nicely creased on the edges caught my eye while peeling the banana and taking a large bite out of if. It read:

Kwangminnie, 

Hope you enjoy your first day today! Mom will be coming at 10 tonight, but Merlin will visit you just to see how things are. C:

XOXO
      Mom

I smiled at the note, and placing it in my pocket; taking the last few bites on the banana. Throwing the banana peel away in the small bin of garbage, I sat down to tie my black converse. It didn't really matter what shows you wear unless they aren't appropriate and not ruin the school's image. My hair didn't look too bad, it looks the same as always whenever I attend school. I smell the same, I act the same—I even play sports the same. That's why girls fall for me and I have so many friends; I'm the Kingka. 

But– I don't want to be the Kingka, I just want to be the Kwangmin that everyone used to know back in Forevermore. I want to be the one who knows me and I know them, but I don't barely know half of the girls who like me– not even the friends. My mom and Merlin just told me just act like you lived here forever. Act different. And I did. But I hate living a different life. I had to accept it. 

I closed the front door of my house and locked the door with the keys, and started to walk to school alone. Usually, I go take a car ride with my “friends” but I decided to walk alone for now. I popped an earbud into my ear and scrolled through my iPod for a song to listen to. Can't find any good songs to listen to, so I placed away my iPod into my back pocket. 

The golden sun blended its rays on the green grass and onto the cherry blossoms on the trees. It smelled like fresh water from the water-glossed leaves; I reckoned it rained last night. The little children's laughter came from the small park nearby my house and the birds chirped their songs within perfect harmony. This all alone reminded me of home. 

“Aish, chinja! Where would be Seoul High?” A voice from a female caught my attention. “If only that love-fooled step Oppa of mine brought me to school, I wouldn't be lost. Dammit, I'll be late.” 

I turned around and saw the female, with a clueless expression on her face and dressed in the Seoul Highschool uniform; white long-sleeved collar shirt with the sleeves nicely rolled up, the black and grey and yellow plaid skirt that hang above her knees a few inches short, black hightops with her black socks knee high— she's even wearing the black and silver and yellow tie. Wait, aren't the school boys suppose to wear ties, not girls? 

I decided to go and help her out, since the thought of her being a new student flew in my mind. “A-Annyeonghaseyo.” I called to her, approaching her. “Are you attending Seoul High?” 

Her petite body jumped from my words. “Yes I am, but I think I lost my directions heading there.”

“Ah I see, I am also attending there as well.” I replied back, showing the tie. “How come your wearing a tie, not a bow?” 

“Eh?” 

“I mean, females are suppose to wear bows not ties; males are suppose to wear ties.” 

“Oh really? My mom said that everyone wears the ties.” The girl chewed on her lip. “I guess they don't have any left.” 

“A couple of the girls I see in the halls had to wear ties because last year they short on bows,” I answered, starting to walk with her to the highschool. “They didn't like it at all.” 

“Well I do,” she bats her lashes while looking at her left. She has very beautiful brown eyes. “Let me guess, you're a sophomore?” 

“You're good. Freshman?”

She nodded. “You're good, too.” 

We walked around the block, taking a left to where the highschool is at the nearby end of this block we were on. We chatted about the school mainly since she's a freshman and I gave her some advice on how to survive being a freshman. I also found out her name was Jiae and she found out my name was Kwangmin. 

“So, Kwangmin-sunbaenim,” Jiae spoke, surprised by her address to me. I was always called 'Oppa' or 'Hyung' or 'Kwangmin-ah' or 'Kwangmin-ssi', but this is the first time someone called me sunbae— even sunbaenim. “Do a lot of people know you? Like, your the Kingka?”

How did she know that? “Why do you guess I'm the Kingka?”

“Well,” she began. “From the looks of it, you have great sportsmanship and I guessed you are very athletic since you're so lean; you mentioned that a few girls asked you out last year and I gotta admit: you are darn good-looking.” 

I blushed and I gave her a smirk. “You really think that I, the Kingka of Seoul Highschool is very handsome?” 

“And you're nicer than the other Kingkas I met.” She sighed. “Way nicer.”

“Aren't Kingkas suppose to be nice?” 

“Actually, since theyre so popular and have this amazing attraction,” She spoke, giving a hint of sarcasm. “They act cool and not care less. My cousins told me their stories of running into them.” Jiae frowned from the thought. What was going in people's minds these days? “Hold on– it sounded like you never know about how Kingkas acted.”

I bit my lip and tried my best to not make it awkward and still talk to her. “Well, um, we're almost here.” I pointed to the big building at our close left. Her brown eyes widen, blewn away from what she seen. 

“Wow,” she said, her breath must have disappeared. “Is this a mall or...?”

“I know how you feel when I before was a freshman.” I smiled and stopped when we took a couple of steps into school grounds. “Well I, got to go find my friends. See you somewhere?” 

“Yeah,” Jiae replied, sounding a bit sad. I frowned. “What's wrong?” I asked. 

“It's like you met this person and a while later, you say hi and they don't know who on earth you are,” She replied, a straight line curled her lips. “I hate it when friends are like that. It kind of explains why I don't have much friends.”

I nodded, understanding her reason. “But I'm your friend!” I pouted cutely. “Jiae-ah....” 

She rolled her eyes, and I grabbed both of her hands. “Jiae-ah! Come on, pyong!” I pouted. 

Jiae chuckled and sighed. “Okay fine. But I need to be more convinced.” 

I released my hands from the grip and I raised a brow. I smiled and I winked, but I didn't know if I failed or not. My mom told me that before I was failing at winking, but now she said I improved a lot. Jiae  stared at me, then bursted out laughing. My smile turned into a frown. “Why are you laughing!?”

Jiae stopped laughing. “This is the first I've seen a Kingka sorta failed on winking. You failed-ish, but you were really REALLY cute when you winked!” She smiled. “Oh and also, I am convinced now.” 

Hearing her words telling me I'm cute made my cheeks flush in red colors and I grinned like a little boy. She saw my cheeky face and pinched my cheeks. “What a Kingka, you turn red easily!” 

My cheeks turned a more pinkish color. “A-ah no!” I averted my eyes from hers. 

“You're cute.” I hear her say. Se pinched my nose lightly and gave me a smile. “I'll go ahead. See you, Oppa!” 

As I see her leave out of my sight, I touched my nose; feeling the light touch of Jiae on it. I smiled to myself and mumbled, “Maybe if I get to know you better, I may reveal who I really am to you.” Then, I started heading to the doors. 

 



I hope you enjoyed the chapter! ^^ fighting~