Second Twilight

The Lights of the Young

 

Why does listening to Jeongmin's preaching scratches my eardrums? 

 

Ever since finding out that none of what happened in my life was ever not normal, he's been worrying about me more than wanting to kick out Jongup out of the house. During the week Second Twilight rested, Chen once electrified him because of his blabbing and Xiumin freezed him also because of his annoyance. He has an ice burn on his forearm and three stitches on his finger because Chen's power accidentally gave him a deep cut. 

 

“That should quit his talk,” Kwangmin clapped his hands and sat down. “The spell should last for seventy hours, that long after we come back to Earth.”

 

“Thank you,” I rubbed my temples. “I almost wanted to puke at him.” 

 

“I wanted to throw him out from the aircraft,” Xiumin spoke as he stared into the window. “But I can't since I have legal rights to protect humans, not throw a human out from an aircraft over one million light years from Earth.”

 

“Guess you were extremly annoyed by him.”

 

“No Sherlock, Jiae.”

 

“I wonder what I can do with my powers now,” Lay gazed at his hands. “Since I heal people and stuff.”

 

“You can bring people back from the dead.” Kwangmin guessed casually. “That's the one thing you can't do.”

 

“I probably am not allowed to do that.” Lay mentioned.

 

“Tao already got his upgraded powers and man, I almost fainted on what can he do.” Kris spoke through the intercom. 

 

“What did he do?”

 

“You don't want to know.” He coughed. 

 

I guess after Kris talked to us, we were already outside and in the ruins where First Twilight rested. I probably blanked out but watching each Saviour playing with their new and improved powers, I guess I feel like I'm home. 

 

“OW THAT HURTS!” Chen agonized in pain as Xiumin and Sehun laughed at him, giving each other a five. “Since when mommmy allowed fusion moves!?” He cried like a five year old. 

 

“Luhannie has a new ability that can tell which powers are suited to create fusion moves.” Xiumin smiled and patted Chen at the back. “Mine's and Sehun's don't really communicate that well, but we only did it for fun.”

 

“Then whose powers are you connected with?” Sehun asked.

 

“Suho's,” He answered. “Water and Ice go well, in a way.”

 

“Cool!!” Chen's eyes widen in excitement. “I wanna go find out whose power is connected to mine!” He skiddled away childishly.

 

I laughed to myself and picked up a brick-like stone, that was adorned with glowing lines. I stared at it and placed it down again on the ground.

 

Well, Jiae. We meet again. 

 

I laughed. Hey Eden, long time no talk. 

 

Never knew your brother would find out about it. I hear he is such a parrot after you told him everything.

 

Kwangmin placed him under a hypnosis, so I guess we are okay for now.

 

She giggled softly. My sons are such children. I never knew their improved powers would give them glowing lines on their body. 

 

And to think they are diligent heroes and mature protectors...

 

“AIGOOOO!” Chen screamed again as he crutches down from a ray of ice mixed in with light. He looked up and his eyes were amazed. “OHHHH PRETTY!!” 

 

“CHRISTMAS IS SOON!” Suho hanged crystallized stones on the creation. “WE NEED MAMA TO BLESS THIS CREATION!”

 

“Nooooo!” Luhan and Tao pouted. “Let Lay's healing powers wish us a healthy and strong life for us to continue with our duties and enjoy everything while we can!”

 

“Preach that, sons.” Sehun clapped.

 

“Since when Luhan Hyung and Tao are your sons?” Kyungsoo stared at him. 

 

There is no way they can be so powerful and strong yet still be children.

 

We both giggled.

 

Anyway, Xiumin said something about Luhan's ability to tell which powers can create a fusion move, if I am not mistaken.

 

Yes, indeed.

 

There's eleven of them... That means one's power is connected to Chanyeol's. 

 

Oh dear me, why I should have known.

 

It must be Kris' power that connects to Chanyeol's. I don't see a dragon that could breathe out water, ice, lightning– especially light. 

 

You must be correct. 

 

Kris will question you whose power is connected to his. You can't just say Chanyeol, right?

 

Speaking of power, the Angelic Rim can possibly connect to any power. Oh, how is it? The Angelic Rim?

 

Painful last week. Feeling a lot better this week. 

 

I heard Chanyeol attacked you.

 

Yeah, almost my brother too...

 

Chanyeol... She spoke about her twelveth son. His time is running...

 

Wait a minute- what do you mean his time is running? I thought we're talking about fusion powers and the Angelic Rim!

 

Chanyeol's dark magic is too powerful for him to handle, which explains why he drinks.

 

To like what- calm him down?

 

Not exactly. If you own dark magic that is over your limit, drinking helps to reduce the limit back to normal. If you know what I mean...

 

Okay but why is his time running? 

 

A Saviour owning dark magic and powers granted from myself is too powerful for someone to handle- even too powerful than the Angelic Rim. 

 

What is the outcome of this then?

 

If Chanyeol can't control dark magic and his granted powers anymore, there is a chance he might turn into a demon- a very powerful demon and plans to destroy everything... Even me.

 

WHAT!?

 

Dark magic comes from dark wizardry and the Underworld. Powers granted from me are from the Sanctuary. The Sanctuary's magic is used to protect and save while the Underworld's magic is the complete opposite. 

 

Chanyeol's powers are from both. What happens now?

 

Chanyeol's mind is very unpredictable. He think like an Underworlder or think like a Saviour. He wants to hurt people but he doesn't want to hurt others. Throughout history, he is the first to ever have powers from both sides. Legend says if one has magic– both good and bad– but cannot choose which side to deal with, it causes many problems.

 

For example...?

 

He didn't mean to burn down your school. He never even meant to attack you like that. Chanyeol was thinking like a Saviour, but his actions show anger and violence. He can't think right in general. He needs help. 

 

I always wanted to help him, but I feel scared to help that guy.

 

That's why I upgraded EXO's powers. Previously, their powers were meant to fight evil. Now, their powers need to save Chanyeol before he loses it and becomes a Saviour Demon. Chanyeol can't suffer, he's a human too and he has feelings. It may seem like he's a heartless person, but no one knows what Chanyeol has been through. 

 

I can't believe it.

 

Neither can I. Chanyeol's past gave him what he deserved today. It made him grieve, regret, angry and almost violent whatever happened years ago. Chanyeol wanted to be friends with Kwangmin, the Saviours, everyone he knew- he wanted to create a bond with them. But now, people think of him as a total bastard, he lost everything he once owned. He shouldn't live like this. Every dark emotion he feels every second, it makes him closer to his ‘demon clock’. Tao's power is time control, he can control any clock– but he can't control Chanyeol's clock since its too much. It may seem like he wants to kill Kwangmin, but really, he just wants an apology from him. 

 

He wanted to be normal, Jiae. But it's too late. He can't be normal anymore. 

 

Does that explain why I saw a ruckus in his apartment?

 

Yes. Your friend, Bomi, was once possessed by him. He realized her life shouldn't be like his, he broke her spell. Chanyeol thought if he possessed you, Kwangmin and the others would understand his feelings. They took it the wrong way as if he wanted to kill them with your help. Chanyeol tried everything to tell you all that he wanted to stop his misery and recover. He tried, Jiae. He tried. 

 

I felt a tear wriggle out from my eye socket. 

 

Never knew he was that miserable... I understand everything. Except, did he try not to kill my parents?

 

Actually, your parents were involved in a car crash from a group of high school students. Chanyeol doesn't know how to drive. Also, he secretly attended your parents' funeral.

 

He does care... 

 

Jiae, after you go back to Earth, tell Namjoo, Merlin and his apprentices, your cousin everything but not Kwangmin and my sons.

 

What, why?

 

They held a grudge on him forever. If they find out all on what I have told you... They can't trust me ever. 

 

I understand

 

Bring back the brick you picked up earlier. That belongs to Chanyeol. Don't give it yet, until I tell you so.

 

Okay, Eden. 

 

Chanyeol is the only missing piece to complete EXO. He needs his family, the Saviours and me. Right now, the best option for you is just try to live a normal life, no matter how everything changed it. 

 

 


 



 

a/n:  I AM SO SORRY! I been on writer's block + school + drastic everything... 

 

I don't feel like posting another CYM teaser picture, you have to wait the next chapter. 

 

I guess now you understand more of Chanyeol's history... It's dreadful.. 

 

ANYWAY. If any of you read Variety Love (first fanfiction), it will be the end after I post another chapter. I don't know why, but I feel like its better to add one more chapter and end it rather than writing four more chapters about complete nonsense + Yuri's final decisions on who she really has feelings for. 

 

Soo, I hope you enjoyed it chapter! See you all soon!

 

(Yes, every author note changes its font and letter size and color. ^^;)